5761 Chippewa, Saint Louis, MO 63109 Map · Phone number

About Yvette Barlow (owner) @ Tuscan Sky Hair Salon

Hi There!...........

I LOVE Styling Hair, Cutting, COLORING, high-lights/low-lights, Facial Waxing,Eyebrow arching/dyeing, Smoothing treatments, I love it all!

I have been a cosmetologist now for 24 years and have finally achieved my dream of owning a salon.

We are a Full-Service Rental Salon. Located in the Heart of South City, South Hampton area.

I specialize in Hair styling/Updos for Weddings, Special Occassions, (including adding hair jewelry/flowers, etc.) and I also specialize in Fine Hair Cuts/Styles!

*If you are looking to change your look........ I specialize in Makeovers as well!

So, if you are in in the area, stop by and check us out, or ................

........ Give me a call at 314-518-4247.

Looking forward to meeting you!

~ Yvette

• U

unknown · Married on 05/05/2012

0.5
      0.0

I have never left a review, but felt strongly enough about my experience to do so. Not so much about not liking my hair and not getting at all what I asked for- that happens to everyone, it's a risk you take when trying a new stylist... more so about the way it was handled.

I went in for cut and color, explaining over and over that I did not want anything drastic, I simply wanted to fill in more roots in prep for a wedding I was going to be in. I even said "I don't even want anyone to notice I got my hair done." Her response was "People might say, 'did you lose weight, or get a tan,' they might notice something but it will be so subtle they won't be able to put their finger on it." Throughout the appointment, she could tell how nervous I was that it might be too drastic, as I was sitting with my head tingling- the first all over color I had ever gotten which she assured my was just my hair color and would blend the roots in. My hair is naturally ashy blonde. After washing my hair, and spinning me around to the mirror, I realized my hair was quite orange looking, wet on my scalp. Sure enough, as she dried it, it was very strawberry blonde- an undeniable orange/red tint. She convinced me otherwise, and assured me it was the same color as the ends of my hair, just blended. I remained calm, trying to believe I was just oversensitive to the change. But from my room mate, a friend, and my mom- the feed back was "So not you, brassy, strawberry blonde, pretty drastic." I called Yvette that night with my concerns, she never called back. I then texted Yvette 3 days later, frustrated that I hadn't even heard back from the voicemail I left her. She called back, I expressed my concerns and frustration that I had not even heard back after calling her, and that I ended up paying over 100$ to have it fixed before the wedding. Her response was: Your message should have been more clear- I just got too busy to call you back. I am a professional and expert in the field. I did what I knew would look good. You have just never gotten all over color and needed time to adjust. When you left, my next client even complimented it, so I know it looked good. If you want, you can come back next time for a free service. But that is all I can offer because I am very satisfied with what I did" Good luck if you go with Yvette!

Sent on 05/07/2012