Idaho Weddings Done Your Way with Karen

Boise, ID View map

$150 Typical Price

Hello! My name is Karen and I am a non-denominational Ordained Minister ordained online through Christian Harvest Church. I will not make you attend any churches or any pre-marriage counseling before I will perform your ceremony. I would love to be a part of your special day, even on a last minute basis (if you decide to elope or if your minister backs out) if I am available! I live in Mountain Home, ID. I work on donations after a base fee. I work in Twin Falls, Mountain Home, Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell and the surrounding areas.I prefer to keep the travel to less than 90 minutes, if it is more than that, I may ask that you help to cover my gas.

What do I do?

1. Weddings - You must get your license. I will do your ceremony how you want it done. Do you want me to just say "I now pronounce you man and wife" - fine! That is all that is required by law besides me filling out and mailing in your certificate, so whatever I do or say before that is up to you! Do you want prayers and scriptures? OK and if not, that is OK too! This is your special day not mine. I'm just happy to be a part of it. I do have a couple of ceremonies ready if you want to use one of them - or you can take the ones I have and "recreate" them or you can come up with your own.

I can do sand or candle ceremonies as well. I have several different options available for these.

2. Renewal of Marriage Ceremony (or renewal of vows). Were you married by a JP and want to have a nice ceremony now? Do you want to recommit? Great! My husband and I have renewed our vows a few times, it is a wonderful way to refresh and rejuvenate your marriage.

3. Affirmation of Love Ceremony (COMMITMENT CEREMONY). This is not a legal ceremony, however it is one that is recognized by you, your partner, and your God. I recognize that people have different needs. There are many reasons why two people may be unable to marry legally; sometimes for financial or social reasons beyond your control. This is a way for a couple to commit to each other and to bond together in a way only those in love can do, to share their dreams and cares and journey through life together as partners in life.

Most commonly asked questions

Why did I get ordained and how do I know if my ordination is legal if I did it online?
My son was getting married and we weren't sure if we were going to have someone available to perform the wedding. Just in case I went online and got ordained. If you are wondering if my ordination is legal in Idaho - so was I...I went into the Vital Statistics office to find out exactly what is required to legally perform a wedding. Because my ordination allows me to do weddings, funerals, and baptisms it is legal in the state of Idaho. FYI, it is also legal in Oregon.

How much do I charge?
I work on a base fee then donations after that. My fees START at $75 for a basic signing (if you come to me, I will only charge you $50). If I am meeting with you more than one time figure a minimum of $75 each time we meet. After the base fee I work on donations, I tell my couples to pay me what they can HONESTLY afford after the base fee. Like the courthouse, cash only please.

What do you normally wear for the wedding?
I usually wear dress suits, unless you book me super last minute or tell me to dress more casual. I try to look my most professional at the actual wedding. I don't usually dress up for the rehearsal or when I meet with you to discuss your ceremony.

What do you do at the rehearsal?
This depends on if you have a wedding planner or not. If you do not have a wedding planner I will help you to figure out who goes where and when. Do you want the groom to start out with me or walk his mom and the bride's mom down the isle first? Do you want the groomsmen to stand down with the groom or walk the bridesmaids down? Etc...

How do I feel about pictures being taken at the wedding?
First, I feel like the photographer is one of the most important people at your wedding. When you are old and have lost all your memories, your pictures will be all that you have. I tell the photographers to stand wherever they can to get the best pictures! I don't even care if they are standing behind me with a lens on my shoulder.

Do you mind wearing or holding a microphone?
Not at all. Mike me up! I do tend to have a voice that carries. I'm a stage actress, therefore my voice carries! However, I also understand that a mike can and will help. I also have my own mike should you not have a DJ to mike me up.

Call, text, or email me today to schedule your special day with me! I still have Several dates available.

Karen Christensen
Ordained Minister/Wedding Officiant
208-371-8198

• Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$150

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$50

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$150

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

ID
OR

What languages do you speak?

English
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• F
    Francis J. Married on 07/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

It was a wonderful experience working with her!

Karen was always on top of everything she had on her end and that took so much stress off of a very stressful day. She was always available whenever we had questions, she listened to all of our concerns and feedback, and took care of everything in a timely manner. If you're looking for an officiant, look no further.
  • Bridgette
    Bridgette Married on 05/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An absolute pro and a delight!

Karen was such a pleasure to work with! There was zero judgement for her and endless patience, which we really appreciated. She had a ton of options for us to choose from, helped us find all the right words, and the actual ceremony was beautifully performed. I can鈥檛 recommend her enough!
  • Talitha
    Talitha F. Married on 12/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Karen was absolutely amazing! LGBTQ+ friendly.

In order to help us achieve our desire to bring in the New Year with a New Start, Karen ordained mine and my wife's wedding on New Year's Eve/New Year's at midnight! She was very generously priced and gracious let us use her very own living room as the venue! She stayed in direct contact during the month leading up to the occasion and was very informative! Friendly, great sense off humor and vivacious! I do believe she will be on call for the happy engagement that too place as well. It truly was a night of fun celebration, laughter and love by those accompanied!
  • illustration stars

5.0 out of 5 rating , 1 Review
路 Wedding Photographers

Boise, ID, 83702
2083718198
Location of (Idaho Weddings Done Your Way with Karen)

Other vendors in Boise for your wedding