About Weddings As You Wish

I am a Christian Wedding Minister, performing traditional and unique marriage ceremonies throughout Florida, including Pensacola, Destin and Panama City.

Your wedding is a unique beginning; it's a blending of two lives. It forever stands as a marker to the commitment of each to the other and the forsaking all others. It should reflect your hopes, dreams, and personality. Your wedding should be one you've always wanted- a ceremony completely under your control. If this is your goal, I can help you achieve it.

As your officiant, (the minister who performs the ceremony), I can help you craft the words; your vows are the spoken promise of love that you make on your wedding day. I also perform the task of actually taking your words before God , your family and friends and making them public. I'm not a wedding planner. I don't provide the flowers or the candles (see resources), I provide the voice of your commitment to each other, to God and to those in attendance.

Traditionally Southern Baptist, but Non-denominational at Heart

Raised in a Southern Baptist home, I trained at the Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO. I was licensed as a Southern Baptist minister in 1984 and ordained through the Universal Life Church in 2002.

Called to a Special Task

This is not just a job; officiating weddings is not something I do to simply make a living. I consider these weddings to be my calling, and consider myself to be God's representative in these proceedings. Therefore, while you design your ceremony to include many personal touches, the only thing I insist on is an acknowledgement of Him on some level within the ceremony. I don't mean we need a huge wedding mass with complete choir and fifteen readings from scripture, I prefer my weddings to be much, much smaller and more intimate than that, but if I am to marry you in God's name, I believe you should acknowledge Him somewhere in the ceremony, if only through prayer.

I am a registered pre-marital counselor

I am a registered instructor for the marriage preparation course in Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Walton Counties. If you choose to utilize this 4-hour course you are eligible for a discount on the initial marriage license fee. (See Resources). I take this pre-marital counseling seriously, so don't expect a simple rubber stamp approval, but if you would like to sit down and discuss the complexities of married life with an interested third party, I am available.

*Over 20 years experience and over 2,000 weddings performed

*Expert help in writing and/or selecting your vows

*Design a ceremony that fits your personality and the personality of your romance

*Optional pre-marital counseling available if desired

*Ask about our "week-of" elopement special!

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: Mobile

Follow Weddings As You Wish on

138 Reviews for Weddings As You Wish

No Denomination (2)
Single Religion (1)
Customized Vows (1)
Licensed (1)

Don was absolulety AMAZING as our officiant for our wedding!!!! I would recommend him over and over again.
We got so many compliments from our guests during our wedding reception (and after) on how great our officiant was and where did we find him?! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture J, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don is fabulous. He is an exceptional public speaker, highly organized, professional and personable. He did a wonderful job at personalizing our ceremony for us and several guests commented on how fabulous he was! Most importantly (in our case) he was very flexible. Our beautiful beach wedding got crashed by Hurricane Nate. Fortunately, Don was more than willing to adapt to whatever changes the weather brought us. Because our wedding was scheduled to take place on an island, there was a lot of concern that the bridges to the island would close the day before our ceremony and Don would not be able to reach us (which means... no ceremony). Don, THANKFULLY, came to the island the night before and stayed in a hotel JUST to make sure he was on the island before the bridges closed so he could still complete our ceremony. I cannot say enough good things about him. Do yourself a favor, stop searching for officiants and book Don. He's wonderful!

Profile Picture User6649223, Recently Married, 8 Reviews

$300.00
Starting Price Includes:
Ceremony Rehearsal
Pre-Marital Counseling Pricing
Starting Price (Per Session)
$15.00

33 Photos

1 VIDEO

336 Morgan Lane, Mary Esther, FL 32569   See On Map
850-217-8727 (phone)
Weddings As You Wish is a wedding officiant from Panhandle, FL. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Destin, Panama City, and Pensacola. Weddings As You Wish is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the Panhandle wedding industry for 15 years. We specialize in Christian minister, nondenominational, civil ceremonies, customized ceremonies, informal beach weddings .