475 Homer Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301 Map · Phone number

About The Woman's Club of Palo Alto

Celebrate your special day at The Woman's Club of Palo Alto! Our beautiful and historic clubhouse can be yours--for parties, entertaining, weddings, and rehearsal dinners! The Woman's Club of Palo Alto built in 1916, is located 3 short blocks from University Avenue. Our building is approaching the centennial celebration but our facilities are state of the art. Our prices are affordable and your fees go to support a women's club that has been serving the social, educational, philanthropic and cultural needs of the Palo Alto community since 1894.

What do you get with your rental? A grand ballroom and a kitchen caterers love. We provide a variety of sized tables, 200 upholstered chairs, free wi-fi, full stage with curtain and (for a small additional fee) an AV projection and music system. Easy on-street parking and two public lots located 1/2 block and 2 blocks away.

To check availability phone us on 650-321-5821 or email us at rentals@womansclubofpaloalto.org

Follow The Woman's Club of Palo Alto on

frontentry
frontentry4

3 Reviews for The Woman's Club of Palo Alto

Kathryn · Married on 01/03/2015

We had a really great experience with all of the volunteers that work with the Woman's Club. Ginny especially was very timely in her emails back to me (I was very needy as I live in AZ but was having the wedding in CA) and actually had my sister and aunt go visit and check it out. Ginny was great with them, too. Joanne was also very helpful with any questions I had (which was many). I can't stress enough how great it was that the Woman's Club allows you to choose your food, alcohol, etc. It saved us SO much money and was really nice to make it more personalized. My wedding was unforgettable and the best day of my life. And a big part of that was the beautiful site for it-The Woman's Club of Palo Alto.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Kim · Married on 02/14/2013

We were doing our own wedding planning and trying to keep costs down. They were very responsive and returned our cleaning deposit almost immediately after the wedding. I loved the windows facing out onto the front and there seemed to be plenty of parking for our family and friends! Thanks!

Sent on 07/04/2013

Anne · Married on 10/08/2011

My husband and I were married here two weeks ago, and we couldn't have imagined a more perfect day! After much venue searching, we decided to choose the Woman's Club because of the simple beauty and charm you notice the moment you walk in the door. We had the pleasure of working with Patricia, one of the club members, who was our contact person from the moment we signed our contract to the time we received our rental deposit back. She promptly answered all our questions and concerns via email, phone, and met with us several times at the site so we could do our planning.

The club has beautiful hardwood floors, gorgeous bay windows, and antique chandeliers. There are lots of round and rectangle tables for seating and food setup. They also just purchased beautiful new chairs that are very comfortable and look gorgeous with the colors in the main room. The sound system worked perfectly both for our ceremony and we played music off our laptop during the reception. We ended up having about 110 people at our wedding and set up the main room for both the ceremony and reception. Parking did not seem to be an issue for guests on the main streets and we also provided guests with a map of nearby parking garages that are free on weekends.

A major plus is the club does not have preferred vendors that you must contract with in order to use their site (some venues we visited offered a low rental cost, but then required us to use their catering package for $8-10k). My husband and I decided to do light refreshments, but had we wanted to do a full meal, I really appreciated having that decision in my own hands. There are some restrictions on decoration for obvious reasons since it is a historical building.

For those who are planning and carrying out their own wedding, time is precious! The club also has an early entry option for $250 dollars. We chose this option to have the club the day before the wedding to setup and do our rehearsal. It was well worth the money and peace of mind since we did all the setup ourselves. Some venues only let people setup the day of their event because they book events back to back. We really felt at home in the space because we had so much time to setup and break down that no one felt rushed.

We have nothing but praise for the Woman's Club of Palo Alto. Our rental deposit was returned very quickly and we would love to use the space again in the future. With all that is included in the rental, it is worth making an appointment to see it for yourself!

Sent on 10/23/2011

The Woman's Club of Palo Alto FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 150
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer? Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Tables