The Vintage Barn at Merefield

Midway, KY View map Visit website

The Vintage Barn is a beautiful old horse barn that has been refurbished. It sits on a 365 acre horse farm in the heart of Horse Country. Chandeliers and Edison string bulb lighting make the barn glow inside and out! We have farmhouse tables that reach from end to end in the center of the barn. There are also round tables and folding chairs or you can choose the handpicked antique mismatched chairs for your guests! Unique sitting areas with beautiful victorian furniture and loft areas are perfect for sipping bourbon or chatting with old friends. The cottage is attached and has two bathrooms, a bridal suite and grooms quarters! The round barn is just outside the barn and is the perfect place for cocktails and dancing! Come see us! You will fall in love! Again!

• Woman-owned

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.7 out of 5 rating

• Rose
    Rose H. Married on 11/20/2021

The Vintage Barn was Amazing

From the first time we visited The Vintage Barn at Merefield Farm, we were captivated. Missy showed us all around and we knew the reception just had to be there. We had hoped to have an August wedding, but when Covid made immigration issues take longer than normal with no end date in sight, Missy was kind and reassuring. She helped us pivot to a November wedding with an eye for all the details that also needed to pivot to help us have a successful reception. Missy & her staff made The Barn shine for us. Kind, thoughtful, & attentive to all the details that made for a successful evening! Our guests made so many positive comments about how cute The Barn was and what a great space it was to have a reception. Even though it was a chilly late November day, The Barn was warm & cozy and glowing! The Vintage Barn at Merefield Farm exceeded our expectations! Thank You Missy & all your Crew!!
  • Ronnie
    Ronnie W. Married on 11/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't recommend more! Stunning barn!

It’s hard to find the words to describe how much of an honor and privilege it was to have our wedding reception at this wonderful venue. But I will try!

My now wife and I have had a rough engagement to say the least. Gracie (my wife) and I met whilst I was studying abroad at UK. I am originally from the UK (confusing, I know.) We got engaged the summer of 2020, with the plans to get married in August of 2021. We started looking into reception venues with the vision of partying in a barn after our wedding ceremony. That’s when we first came across this stunning venue and had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Missy. From the moment we met Missy we were instantly at ease, she is one of the most friendly, hard working and caring people you will ever meet. From our first conversation we knew we had found the perfect spot of our reception. We arrived unannounced to the barn where we found Missy working hard with her team to set up for a wedding that evening, even though she was busy, she took time out and showed us around every inch of the barn, which we were amazed at! It is located on a working horse farm in the middle of horse country, it is truly beautiful. If you are an animal lover, the barn is surrounded by horse pastures where you could make a new friend if you have a treat! After that meeting, we started the ball rolling at booking the barn for our August date! We were so excited!

Then, I left to go back to the UK. Unfortunately, due to COVID, increased wait times for US visas, and a year apart from my fiancé, August 2021 came and I was still in the UK, my visa hadn’t arrived. Telling Missy we had to cancel was heartbreaking for us as all Gracie and I wanted was to be married. We called expecting for Missy to tell us we had lost our deposit and there was nothing she could do, however we could’t have been further from the truth. Missy immediately told us that no matter what, she will make it her personal mission to make sure we have our perfect reception at the barn, no matter when we reschedule. She showed nothing but kindness and was so understanding!

My visa FINALLY arrived at the end of August, which meant one thing, we had less than 3 months to plan and execute a wedding!! Understandably, every single one of our previous vendors were fully booked for our new date, so we had to (very stressfully) find and rebook all new people, except for one… The second we called Missy to explain we had our visa, she dropped everything she was doing to open up her calendar to squeeze us in the schedule for our new date. Gracie and I were so happy as we were really looking forward to using the barn.

Those 3 months went by in a flash, I arrived in the US and Gracie and I got married!! The reception at the barn was nothing short of breathtaking. One of the first things people would say to us, after “congratulations” was how stunning the barn was. Every single detail was perfect. Missy really outdone herself and went above and beyond to make our evening perfect.

If you are looking for a place to get married, party the night away and really experience true southern charm, I couldn’t recommend The Vintage Barn at Merefield Farm strongly enough. You will not regret it!

To Missy, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for everything you have done for us. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and experience your amazing venue. You are a huge part of making our wedding day so memorable!

God bless,

Ronnie and Gracie Withers
    Heather M. Married on 10/23/2021

Experience

We are actually getting married this month at the Lily Barn at Merefield. It is their new venue they just opened this year. I was very nervous in the beginning because the venue was not fully finished when I booked my wedding day, but it has turned out wonderful. The venue is so beautiful, and Missy (the owner) offers so much in the cost for the venue. Not only does she offer tables, chairs, and linens in the price, but she has so many beautiful decorations that make having your dream wedding possible on a limited budget. Missy has been there to answer any questions we may have, and goes above and beyond to help her clients have the most beautiful day.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
301 Lansing Lane Midway, KY, 40347
(859) 948-0201
Location of (The Vintage Barn at Merefield)

Other vendors in Lexington for your wedding

Wedding Venues