The Cypress House

New Columbia, PA View map

The Cypress House is owned by sisters, Courtney Landis Carman & Chelsea Landis. Family is and always will be important to us. We desire that you and your guests are cared for and celebrated like you鈥檙e a part of our own family.

Our property resides on 24 acres along the bank of the Susquehanna River. We specialize in open-air, garden side weddings under the stars and twinkly lights, surrounded by beautiful trees that date back hundreds of years.

The focal point of the property is the Federal style home constructed in 1835. The estate also features a stone barn dating back to 1817 and meticulously kept colonial gardens bursting with boxwood, magnolias and garden roses.

Unlike anything you or your guests have seen, we invite you to say your vows in our 360 degree boxwood garden.

So... let's get you married!

Courtney & Chelsea

Contact: courtney@thecypresshouse.org
www.thecypresshouse.org

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Pet Friendly
Preferred Vendors Only
Set Up
Wifi

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Chairs
Tables
Tents

What food and beverage items are available?

Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking

What months are included in your peak season?

May

Message vendor

• Sarah
    Sarah A. Married on 08/14/2021

The BEST Venue!

If you are looking for a unique and GORGEOUS outdoor venue for your big day, look no further. The second I stepped foot on the property of the Cypress House I knew this was the place I wanted to get married at. From the immaculate landscaping and venue design, to the thoughtful details and the amazingly talented and caring owners and staff, I cannot say enough great things about this place.

As an added bonus, you can choose to work with their in-house florist and design team to truly bring your whole vision to life, their work is incredible!! I was lucky enough to have the wedding of my dreams and The Cypress House, Cypress Floral and Cypress Design were a huge part of that. This is a family-run venue and these girls know how to make you feel like you're a part of the family too, you can feel the love and happy memories that live on this property. I have never met such a talented and kind group of people.

Courtney, Chelsea and Alexa were all very responsive and easy to work with. They were able to take my ideas and create beautiful arrangements and details that were even better than I could have imagined, they captured my vision perfectly. From the planning process, to the final details and everything involved in the day-of, they made it so seamless and easy I knew I had nothing to worry about. Their staff were all so friendly and helpful and you can tell they truly care about you and making sure your day is special. My guests have not stopped talking about how amazing this place was. You can't go wrong with this venue and team, any couple would be in great hands working with them!
  • Chrissy
    Chrissy C. Married on 06/26/2021

Dream Venue!

The loveliest venue in the area BY FAR. We鈥檙e so grateful to have found the Cypress House and the wonderful sisters and family that own and run this venue. We knew from seeing pictures online that this venue was a gem, but we were truly blown away when we visited, and it was in February! It was the most unique venue that we came across when searching, and location and atmosphere were huge factors in what we were looking for. The 360 degree ceremony garden, beautiful pool area for cocktail hour, and tent with built-in dance floor were all wonderful. Not to mention the stunning house! The landscaping was perfect for our June wedding- so lush and green, beautiful flowers everywhere, and gorgeous trees. Everything was outside which was exactly what we wanted. The guys had a groom suite with a pool table to get ready and hang out in, and the girls had part of the house. There were beautiful rugs and mirrors, and plenty of space for 8 bridesmaids to get ready! If the beautiful and natural outdoor vibes aren鈥檛 enough, the sisters that run the show at Cypress are phenomenal. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and it was so comforting to know that so much of the logistics, planning, florals, decorations, and details were being discussed together as a team. They have amazing style, creativity, know what works well and what doesn鈥檛, and do their absolute best to give you the wedding day of your dreams. The staff on our wedding day was incredible as well, always looking out for us as the bride and groom. Honestly, I tear up every time I think of how kind and talented the entire group was! From beginning to end, we were never worried about a single thing with the Cypress House. We鈥檒l rave about these ladies and this venue forever! We鈥檙e so so grateful to have had the best day of our lives at the world鈥檚 best venue!!
    Courtney Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic venue!

The Cypress House is the best venue out there! The property is gorgeous with all the flowers throughout, so there's no need to worry about decorating yourself. The team is awesome and so helpful during the whole planning process. The ceremony garden is the best! I absolutely love this and it's like nothing else out there. I can't wait to plan our wedding vow renewals here!!!! I am in love with this place and everyone that attended our wedding fell in love too!

The Cypress House's reply:

Thanks Courtney! We couldn't have felt more honored to share in your special day! You were both so amazing to work with
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

• Trevor & Lacee
    183 photos 路 10/19/2019

9553 River Road New Columbia, PA, 17856
Location of (The Cypress House)

Other vendors in Scranton for your wedding