9553 River Road, New Columbia, PA 17856 Map · Phone number

About The Cypress House

The Cypress House is owned by sisters, Courtney Landis Carman & Chelsea Landis. Family is and always will be important to us. We desire that you and your guests are cared for and celebrated like you’re a part of our own family.

Our property resides on 24 acres along the bank of the Susquehanna River. We specialize in open-air, garden side weddings under the stars and twinkly lights, surrounded by beautiful trees that date back hundreds of years.

The focal point of the property is the Federal style home constructed in 1835. The estate also features a stone barn dating back to 1817 and meticulously kept colonial gardens bursting with boxwood, magnolias and garden roses.

Unlike anything you or your guests have seen, we invite you to say your vows in our 360 degree boxwood garden.

So... let's get you married!

Courtney & Chelsea

Ceremony in the Boxwood Garden
Ceremony in the Boxwood Garden
Our Barn: Constructed in 1817
Our Barn: Constructed in 1817
Our bridal suite is available for you to enjoy on your special day.
Our bridal suite is available for you to enjoy on your special day.
3e56ab29591d9336 1527582721 3571e670ee92dfbe 1527582718753 3 a5
The Cypress House backyard
The Cypress House backyard
A beautiful wedding reception.
A beautiful wedding reception.
Along the Susquehanna River
Along the Susquehanna River
Our romantic backyard.
Our romantic backyard.
Dancing fun!
Dancing fun!
Florals at The Cypress House
You'll never forget your first dance under the stars.
You'll never forget your first dance under the stars.
A bride getting ready!
A bride getting ready!
The Cypress House
The girls sitting by the pool.
The girls sitting by the pool.
img 4958 51 993932

The Cypress House 7
  • Chloe

Chloe Stine · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Venue Ever

I can’t recommend The Cypress House enough. From the moment I found them online, I knew that was where I NEEDED to have my reception. I was so confident that I would love it that I cancelled any other venue tours I had. After our initial walk through, we didn’t even make it 5 miles down the road before I called Courtney to tell her we wanted to book!!

The vision that The Cypress House, specifically, Courtney and Chelsea have is incredible, but what made me love them even more was their attention to detail. They put so much thought into every single inch of the property, and every second of our wedding day, to make sure everything went off seamlessly.

They had incredible communication, great vendor recommendations, and even came through with some of my crazy requests such as, “Can you send me some pictures of the cocktail hour space around 6pm, so I can judge where the shadows will be?” They truly were so invested in making sure my day was perfect.

Some of our favorite features (to name a few) include: two separate locations on the property for the bridal party to get ready (the videographer and photographer also were big fans of this), the gorgeous, unique cocktail hour space (which included hanging lights and fountains in the pool), the artificial turf under the tent and the travertine tile dance floor (I wasn’t kidding when I said they thought of every detail), the cross back chairs, no shortage of backdrops for photo opportunities, and the landscaping/floral arrangements that added so much beauty to an already stunning property…I seriously could go on forever. However, with all that being said, getting to meet the beautiful family behind the operation was one of our favorite parts! I can’t say enough amazing things about each and every one of them…you would have no idea that they are “new” to the wedding game with how knowledgeable and professional they all are. I’m so happy we will forever have a connection to them! I wish we could do it all again!!!

**Photos by Alexis Brooke Photography**

The Cypress House 13
    The Cypress House 14
    The Cypress House 15

Chloe · Married on 09/08/2018

I’m honestly not sure words in a review can do this venue and family justice! Not only do you get to be married in one of the most beautiful venues I’ve ever seen, but you get to work with one of the most hardworking and kind families I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. When we first saw this place, it was just a spark in their mind that they were working tirelessly to bring to life. The whole family is such a wonderful team and without them my dream wedding wouldn’t have been able to come to life :) They made planning a wedding SO easy. Their willingness to communicate with every vendor, their attention to detail and I can’t forget to mention, the venue coordinator’s husband stepping in and saving the day when we needed extra alcohol are just a few of the things. I could go on and on..

If you want to have the perfect wedding, in the perfect central PA location, The Cypress House is the place for you. You will feel completely at ease knowing you’re in the best hands because they are completely devoted and passionate about making their family home a place where you can feel as much love as they felt growing up. The best experience ever. Thank you Courtney, Ry, Caitlin, Chelsea, Alexa, Joan and Dennis for simply being amazing! That is all!!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    The Cypress House 16
    The Cypress House 17
    The Cypress House 18
    The Cypress House 19
    The Cypress House 20

Chelsea · Married on 07/14/2018

I had my wedding at the Cypress House back in July. I cant even explain how amazing Courtney and her family were. They handled everything from flowers, decorating the venue, and actually building the benches and bar, to contacting all my vendors and coordinating with them before the wedding. They made sure everything was set up exactly how we wanted it, they even had separate places for the bride and groom to get ready. I could not have picked a better place to get married, not only did Courtney give me the wedding my husband and I dreamed about, but she went out of her way to make everything as special as possible.

Sent on 09/05/2018
    The Cypress House 27
    The Cypress House 28
    The Cypress House 29

The Cypress House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Garden, Historic Building, Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available? Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Preferred Vendors Only, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Tables, Tents