About The Cleanery

Couture Level Care
Fine wedding gowns demand special care and require The Cleanery’s Bridal Care treatment. The Cleanery is a trained member of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists™ (AWGP), a not-for-profit international organization. AWGP is endorsed by the Association of Bridal consultants not to mention more than 100 gown designers.

Wedding Gowns require a specialized cleaning process. They can have many embellishments that require special handling and skilled spot removal. We can also restore yellowed gowns that have been in storage for a generation or longer. For more information on the process please go to AWGP website.

The Cleanery presses gowns to perfection and delivers them to the bride prior to the wedding. After the ceremony, we also will clean and press the gown, then arrange for the bride to inspect the gown entirely before we "preserve" the gown in an acid-free, heirloom quality box for future generations.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Regions serviced: Albuquerque

2 Reviews for The Cleanery

Bride (1)
Cleaning (1)
Bridal Gowns (1)

3.7

I took my wedding dress to The Cleanery for a small alteration and for pressing. I sent a picture of my dress to the owner after I spoke to him at the shop. He knew my wedding date and he knew it wasn't me in the photo, yet I was asked if they could post the photo on my Facebook profile. I had to clarify a second time that it wasn't me in the picture and I hadn't been married yet so the whole surprise of the dress would be ruined. When I dropped the dress off, I was concerned because they told me I didn't need to put it on for the alteration. Granted it was just a loop being tied on for the train, but I thought it would be helpful to see it on to know exactly where it place it. I brushed it off because they are professionals. The day of the wedding, I decided to pick my dress up myself. My mom had confirmed the day before it would be ready for pick-up at noon. I went in about 12:30 and the woman at the front desk rudely informed me it wouldn't be ready until after 4pm, which is their usual pick-up time. I explained the confirmation time and she went into the back to speak to the manager. She came back out with my dress, which was ready, explaining that nobody informed her. Naturally at that point, I was on the verge of tears out of anger. She apologized but it wasn't very sincere and it wasn't professional of her to tell me it wasn't ready without checking first. Thanks for the heart attack. Dress looked great but when the time came to tie the train up using the loop, it continuously fell off throughout the night and it was quite a hassel to function with the full-blown train. Not the best experience.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/5/15, 8 Reviews

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

1369089213710 cleanery

Wedding Wire Savings

Redeem In-Store
Mention this web site and receive $25.00 towards the purchase of wedding gown cleaning and finishing or preservation.
#WWd762afdc0b814e9f