Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32246 Map · Phone number
· Visit website

About String Theory Music

For over 20 years, String Theory Music has specialized in music for weddings, private parties, corporate events, recording sessions, and orchestra/small ensemble needs.

All our musicians are highly trained on their instruments and have studied at prestigious colleges and universities both in the United States and abroad.

We pride ourselves on exceptional services, prompt communication, and doing whatever it takes to help bring your vision into reality.

Our repertoire is vast and covers a wide range of genres and styles. From classical composers such as Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, and Mozart to modern artists like Adele, Christina Perri, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, and Bastille, to name a few. We also love learning new music and have an in-house composer who can write arrangements for any song that you desire!

As a network of freelance violinists, violists, and cellists we offer:
Violin Soloists
Cello Soloists
Violin & Cello Duets
String Trios
String Quartets
Musicians-for-Hire

About Us;

String Theory Music is owned and operated by violinist Allison Marshall. What started out as the desire of a single violinist to share her love of music has turned into a network of professional musicians who have joined to do the same.

Allison puts her heart and soul into this business and absolutely loves what she does. She strives to think outside of the box when it comes to performances and music that is specially formulated for unique events.

All the musicians in our network are local and we only source the best of the best in Northeast Florida and South Georgia. Visit our website to see and hear more about what we offer and to get started on putting together a musical program to enhance the ambiance of your special day!

Follow String Theory Music on

String Theory Music 3
String Theory Music 4
String Theory Music 5

Casey Callahan · Married on 12/08/2019

They played pretty music.

The only thing I wish could have happened was if I had a chance to speak to them in person so I could invite them to eat all the extra food and cake I had at my reception. But I was busy being ushered around and they were busy filling my venue with the songs I picked.

They played me two songs that weren't in their repertoire and they were worried that I might not be satisfied as the songs were typically very layered and I had only hired two violinists. I told them not to worry about it and do the best they can, and after hearing it I'm not sure why they were worried. I got two violin covers of songs I adore and it sounded very romantic and pretty. I won't forget the way it sounded.

Thank you very much.

Sent on 12/28/2019

String Theory Music's reply:

Thank you so much, Casey! We absolutely ADORED your wedding! It was so magical and we agree that your song selections were perfectly fitting for the vibe you created. Congratulations again and thank you for allowing us to make music for you and your guests.
  • Alexis

Alexis Oliver · Married on 12/07/2019

Absolute perfection at our Jekyll Island Wedding

Allison and String Theory Music did an absolute amazing job playing for our wedding. From the first initial communication up until the wedding day, she was so professional, extremely easy to get in touch with and overall such a pleasure to work with. After having dreamt about two certain songs being played at my wedding, I asked Allison if this would be possible and her response was “No problem at all” she even said she would get together to practice the songs ahead of time to make sure they had it correctly. On the day of, they played so beautiful it moved everyone to tears. I can not recommend them enough. When choosing vendors to work with on your wedding day, the first thing I always looked for was someone who could put me at ease, just knowing how many details there are that could add extra stress - Within our very first communication, Allison put me at such ease and made me feel so calm that our music would be perfect. I can not thank them enough for the beautiful music they played and how absolutely amazing it was to work with them. A million times thank you to Allison and String Theory Music - our wedding would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 12/09/2019

String Theory Music's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review, Alexis! Your wedding was so unique and special. It had us in tears as well! Congratulations again to you and Nate!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

String Theory Music FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 350.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 550.00
    Ceremony Music
    Music During Breaks
    Sample Music
    Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Sample Performances

• Reel Insight Productions
    Reel Insight Productions Wedding Videographers

I love strings, and they know how to manipulate them in the most beautiful ways!

• Reel Insight Productions
    Reel Insight Productions Wedding Videographers

I love strings, and they know how to manipulate them in the most beautiful of ways!

• Arwen Freer, Minister
    Arwen Freer, Minister Wedding Officiants

I recently officiated at a wedding where String Theory Music provided the music during the ceremony. Not only is Alison a great musician, but she is a quick thinker, flexible, and easily accommodated last minute changes required by unforeseen circumstances. She has a great attitude and was wonderful to work with. I look forward to working with her in the future and would definitely recommend her services.

• Jacksonville Jacksonville, FL, 32246 See on map