Storyhouse Photography Co

Hattiesburg, MS View map Visit website

Storyhouse is an award winning wedding photography and videography duo based out of Southern Mississippi. Formerly Heritage Photography and Film . . we have over 15 years of experience in the industry and LOVE what we do. We're a little bit quirky, very proud of our work and ridiculously fun to work with.

Cathy Married on 11/05/2022

Awesome photographer!

Ted and Heather are amazing. So much fun to work with and they far exceeded the expectations I had for my daughter’s wedding. They are so much more than just wedding photographers- more like wedding artists Seriously, I can’t recommend them enough!!
    Michelle M. Married on 04/02/2022

Amazing Photographer

This girl knows her stuff! From start to finish, she made it easy for us to get the photos we wanted with no effort. Quick communication and exceeded our expectations. She arrived early and began taking photos post[-haste. She had a list of all the important photos prepared and made sure she caught every special moment. She even coordinated the "rehearsal" departure and helped get the sparklers and people in place for some amazing photos. Lightning fast turn around time, also. We are beyond happy with this photographer and will recommend her to all our friends.
  • Emily
    Emily J. Married on 10/19/2020

Wonderful!

Ted filmed our wedding on 10-19-20 and he was awesome! We really enjoyed working with him because he was so chill and down to earth and he knew what to tell us to get to best shots. Not only were they willing to film for us on super short notice (maybe a week and a half before the wedding), but we were even given a discount for our Monday wedding. We would hire them again, and we would absolutely recommend them to anyone!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Team

Ted  Williams
Ted Williams
Owner/Photographer/Videographer

I'm not great at this. I don't have an issue with talking about myself . . . I'm just not sure where to start or stop. I'm an Alabama native originally but call Hattiesburg, MS home. I'm a father and husband to a beautiful family. I'm a huge gamer, car enthusiast and I've had my musical taste described as "elevator metal music" (I like a lot of instrumental stuff). After riding the wheels off of singing and playing in bands, I came back home and picked up a camera in 2012. I shot my first wedding in 2013 and never looked back. Since then I've shot well over 300 weddings. Heather and I, collectively, have been a part of double that figure.

I value three things above everything else when it comes to the working relationship with my clients: quality of work, communication and authenticity. I prefer the road less traveled and strive to always stay original in an industry where everything can get . . . trendy.

My ideal couple is fun and trusts my vision. They don't take themselves too seriously yet know how to be genuine with each other.

Despite my super cool, album cover'ish, serious picture above, I'm a blast to work with and have at your wedding.

Heather  McLaughlin
Heather McLaughlin
Videographer/Photographer

I've been involved with art in some form or fashion since I can remember, from painting pet rocks with my Mom as a child, to being the photographer for our school newspaper in high school, then from pursuing studio art in college to landing in wedding photography. As a creative, I see the world a little differently. Where most people would see a puddle, I see an opportunity to catch a cool reflection; I see everything in terms of colors and light, composition and contrast. I read more than seems humanly possible, I like to lift weights but will cry if you make me do cardio, I think every animal I see is my new best friend, and I have a closet full of weird half-finished craft projects. I'm in my thirties, but when you say "10 years ago" I still somehow think you mean the '90's. I look a little prickly, but I'm really a big ole softy. I often find myself smiling or crying or laughing when I relive moments as I edit wedding videos. I love LOVE, and my favorite thing about wedding days is hearing how the couple tells their love story. I think that your wedding day should be about you, so I love finding what best represents each couple and incorporating that into your photos and video to create a beautiful keepsake that truly tells a unique story.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi Hattiesburg, MS, 39402
Location of (Storyhouse Photography Co)

Other vendors in Jackson for your wedding