9608 Gentry Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63125 Map · Phone number

About Shaggy Sounds DJ Services, LLC

We have been entertaining in the St. Louis area for the last 20 years and now it is your time to enjoy an event with Shaggy Sounds DJ Services. We offer a full line of event entertainment including music, karaoke, and videos. Motion lighting and wireless mics are included in our pricing and will help to enhance your guests overall experience.

We specialize in providing music from all genres and decades so that everyone at your event will be dancing and having a great time.

imag0852
imag0852
3edb0ca914228a1f 1427384292138 mj wededithr c1p2 0217

5 Reviews for Shaggy Sounds DJ Services, LLC

Anne · Married on 03/10/2018

Mike was awesome! A good friend recommended Shaggy Sounds, as Mike has DJ'ed for her work on multiple occasions. Mike met with my husband and I to review his contract and to discuss what our vision was for the wedding. He had great suggestions on songs and was helpful in figuring out the timing of the "big events" during the reception.

He made sure to play every song we requested, and stayed strict with our "do not play" list. When a song was questionable, he made sure to ask me before playing it. He kept people on the dance floor all evening long, and we received many rave reviews on the amazing job he did.

Also, he had no problem staying later than originally contracted, despite it being his own anniversary with his wife. We cannot recommend Shaggy Sounds enough!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

Mike was the best DJ for the job. He went above and beyond to make sure that our day went off without a hitch. He played some great music that kept all of our guests on the floor and having a great time! He also helped in so many other ways during the reception. He is such a hard worker and that did not go unnoticed. He is the right DJ for the job and you should not even hesitate to book him!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Kristina · Married on 07/08/2017

We used Shaggy Sounds for our wedding on July 8, 2017 and I cannot recommend him enough.Shaggy met with us in person to go through a comprehensive set of questions and let us take all the time we needed. He didn't get annoyed when I changed my mind a week later. And then again a week after that. He responds to calls and texts promptly, too. When we met we went through our vision of what we wanted the event to look and feel like and who would be in attendance. He kept track of songs that we really wanted played at the reception as well as songs that we absolutely did not want played (in our case, the electric slide made that list). Our ceremony was immediately before our reception at the event venue. He very carefully made sure that the ceremony music was not only the song I wanted for each part of the ceremony, but he made sure he had the exact version of each song we selected. He had suggestions when we were clueless. He asked us about things that we would never have thought about without his help. He also coordinated with our minister and event planner to make sure they were all on the same page. Throughout the night Shaggy acted as the maestro of the evening and kept everything running smoothly and on schedule from the ceremony, to making sure we knew when to cut the cake, to starting the toasts, and when it was time play a fun game, etc. He even gave me an encouraging nod when it was time for me to walk down the aisle. I was worry free the entire time. His choice in music was flawless all night long and the dance floor was full of guests of all ages. I was so comfortable with him that I didn't even feel it was necessary to prepare a list of 100 songs to choose from - he just got to know us and it was so refreshingly stress-free. He is fun, professional, easy to work with, and really listens to what you want. As an added bonus, his rates are really reasonable. I know he books up fast for weddings, so don't delay in calling. You won't regret it.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Shaggy Sounds DJ Services, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 650.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 650.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Sound/PA System, Karaoke, MC, Microphones, Projector, Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 100.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• 9608 Gentry Avenue Saint Louis, 63125 See on map