Chicago, Evanston, IL 60657 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 16
  • Pricing

About Seth Van Embden

Seth Van Embden is a wedding violinist located in Chicago, Illinois. Seth has been part of the wedding industry since 2014 and specializes in providing personalized music options for a couple's ceremony or event. His goal is to make the music on your wedding the very best it can be.

Seth Van Embden offers high-quality musical options to each couple. Seth aims to make your decision process comprehensive and easy. He, and the other musicians he arranges for, can provide music for a variety of purposes, such as background music for a cocktail hour or a grand processional for the walk down the aisle. Whatever your vision is, strings offer a beautiful and elegant touch that greatly enhance the wedding for the couple and guests. Couples can choose for a solo performance or a larger group can be arranged. Music is not limited to classical either. In fact, jazz, rock and pop are other popular and fun choices.

• The Moeller Cello & Guitar Duo
  • Guillermo Paolisso
  • Northside Brass Music Co.
van embden violin 51 966009 1569857920

15 Reviews for Seth Van Embden

• Cecily

Cecily Supan · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing!!!

Seth played at my bridal shower and did a great job and so it only made sense that he'd play at my wedding as well. Seth was extremely flexible letting us book him only 3 weeks before the wedding (our other musicians fell through). He and his crew already knew how to play all the songs that we requested. I had no doubt in my mind that they would be great and they were! Seth is so nice and so easy to communicate with. Seth's demeanor makes you feel at ease about the entire experience, which is so nice when you're stressing about everything else when planning for your wedding. I highly recommend Seth to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

So talented!

My husband is a sucker for string instruments, so instead of having a DJ play music during the ceremony, we opted to have a violinist. Ideally we would have loved to have a quartet or something along those lines, but our budget was a little tight. But we have no complaints and having Seth play the violin as a soloist was perfect for our day. I found Seth here on Weddingwire and his reviews and samples blew us away. I contacted him and he responded quickly answering my unnecessary number of questions. I loved the fact that he is open to playing pretty much any song you could ask of him and that he plays nontraditional music for ceremonies. I have never been a fan of the traditional wedding music so this was definitely a plus. I definitely felt that he cared about what I wanted and was very open to making our ceremony music match our vision. Seth was very organized and finalized all of our details prior to the wedding. He was extremely professional and he so talented. My husband even said he almost started to tear up when he heard Seth begin to play during the ceremony! It was beautiful.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 02/03/2019

Beautiful music

I worked with Seth to get everything set and planned and he was great at responding and working with me. (None of my music was traditional, as we had music from Legend of Zelda, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and Game of Thrones) Seth sent Michelle to come play the flute for us and it was lovely! Everyone loved the music!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Award

Seth Van Embden Pricing

Seth Van Embden Price Rates

Seth Van Embden FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 250.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1050.00
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Reception Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    Orchestra
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    String - Quintet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Clarinet
    Flute
    Piano
    Saxophone
    Viola
    Violin
    Winds
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music