Richwood on the River

Milton, KY View map
Up to 400 guests

Up to 400 guests

Richwood on the River is the destination wedding venue right in your own backyard. We offer the unique experience of a venue that is yours all weekend! Arrival begins on Friday and departure is on Sunday. We can accommodate up to 44 of your guests for 2 nights. Imagine sharing the entire weekend with family and friends that have traveled from afar to share in your special day! Our couples enjoy the opportunity to have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all in the same place; and your guests know that their comfort was important to you as well.

We are proud to offer you our home for your special event. Richwood on the River honors all people with respect, compassion, and grace and holds themselves to the highest standards of customer service.

We look forward to your visit and assisting you in creating memories to last a lifetime.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$12,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$10,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Event Planning
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Inn/B&B
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Server(s)

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Centerpieces
Chairs
Dance Floor
Decor
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
December

• Kyra
    Kyra S. Married on 04/23/2022

Completely perfect

This venue was the most outstanding and wonderful place to get married. The people we got to work with were incredible. The owner was the sweetest and most accommodating professional we could’ve asked for. Our venue coordinators were nothing short of perfect. We could not have asked for a better place to treat out family to. Check out their Instagram and TikTok for videos of their stunning property.

Richwood on the River's reply:

We simply loved every moment of your time here with us at Richwood. I remember that first call we had to talk about how we could be the perfect venue for what your vision of your wedding would be. I love that you came from out of state and truly saw what Richwood could be to you and your future husband and the amazing time you could spend with family and friends for an extended weekend. We wish you all the best in your new endeavors as a married couple. And please ~ don't be strangers.
    Love Colleen, Kelsey & Lexi and the rest of the Richwood Staff
    Donna W. Married on 04/23/2022

Amazing venue and staff

As a guest at our sons wedding Colleen and her staff went above and behind to make sure we had everything we needed. I hope we can come back soon! And Koa was an amazing mascot and greeter! Thanks again! 💗

Richwood on the River's reply:

Thank you Donna ~ it was truly a blessing to play our small part in their BIG DAY.
    Colleen, Kelsey, Lexi and the rest of the Richwood Staff
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle E. Married on 10/16/2021

Unforgettable Wedding Weekend at Richwood on the River

I will start by saying that no words of praise or thanks can quantify my gratitude and respect for Colleen and her unbelievable property, Richwood on the River. Ryan and I hosted our wedding party of 40 on-site all weekend, 100-person rehearsal dinner on Friday, and 250-person wedding on Saturday in October 2021. We were seeking a unique and memorable 'getaway' wedding experience and Richwood gave us exactly that while still allowing the majority of our friends and family to travel to our wedding; most coming from Cincinnati. It was truly the best of both worlds! We have an entire weekend of memories that I will cherish forever; from firepit and playing cards upon arrival Thursday, to hot coffee and breakfast with our favorite people on Friday, and of course an unbelievable wedding reception on Saturday. It was SO FUN being at one location all weekend (with the exception of our wedding mass at the beautiful St. John Carrollton); it was like a mini-vacation for our families and wedding party and such a relief not worrying about daily transportation, constant bag packing, being on time or wondering where someone is at, cleaning up rooms and houses, etc.

In addition to renting the property all weekend, we utilized ROTR bartenders, some furniture rental, china, dinnerware, décor items, and more. It was super convenient to rent direct and truthfully a big cost savings. We were able to bring in our own alcohol all weekend which, again, was a huge cost savings, and allowed us to have some fun with signature cocktails, specialty bourbon bar, etc. Madison Trolley (suggested by Colleen) shuttled 100+ guests back and forth to the new Fairfield Inn in Madison, which our guests thoroughly enjoyed.

Richwood on the River is the most beautiful canvas which allows couples to create their dream weekend. No idea or inspiration is too crazy; Colleen will help you work through it or connect you with people who can assist. Through eleven months of planning, I can confidently say that neither Ryan or I ever waited more than five minutes for a text, email or call reply from Colleen; I don't know how she does but, but she is a rockstar. Upon booking, I did not realize what an unbelievable asset Colleen was going to be, but was the glue to our entire weekend.

I could go on and on, but will summarize with this: While hosting an entire weekend, juggling dozens of vendors, and planning multiple events was a lot of work, I absolutely cannot imagine doing it anywhere else. So many brides give the advice, "enjoy it, because it goes so fast", but I never once felt that. We embraced an entire weekend of celebrations with our loved ones, and while I was sad to leave Richwood on Sunday morning, I know we'll be back for future anniversaries, getaways, or even just a Sunday afternoon drive and wave.

Richwood on the River's reply:

I’m not sure I can respond adequately to your words of praise. I’m humbled reading them. My love language is WORDS OF AFFIRMATION. I do what I do with the anticipation of being remembered fondly that I assisted in my small way ~ with memories to last a lifetime. 🥰 I had such a wonderful time helping you plan your wedding weekend with us at RICHWOOD. Every detail was important to me. It was breathtaking and one I’ll remember for years to come . Please ~ please don’t be a stranger. It’s always bittersweet for me, becoming so close with my couples, & then for me to say goodbye too. Thank you again for taking the time for appreciation. It truly means the world to me. 🥰

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Team

Colleen Sutton
Colleen Sutton
Owner/Operator

Being the owner/operator for Richwood on the River is a dream come true. A wonderful friend said to me during this process, “If your dreams don’t scare you, then you are not dreaming BIG enough!” I hold on to those words daily. Thanks Tania!

I hope to inspire my daughter, Ava Rose, to fully understand to follow her dreams and to always do what truly makes her happy. The money will follow. Hearing the laughter in the walls of the mansion from guests enjoying the warmth of a fire and the love of family and friends … is exactly what my hopes were and are for this property.

I love sharing my home with you and hope to have my small part in creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Kelsey Spence
Kelsey Spence
Event Manager

Kelsey was born and raised in a small town in Southeastern Indiana. A graduate of Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, NC, she took courses in wedding planning and special events and immediately fell in love with the industry.
Kelsey met Colleen in 2015 and began assisting Colleen with weddings for her business Ava Rose Event Design. That October Colleen purchased Richwood and Kelsey was more than happy to join the team.

Fast forward to 2018- Kelsey got married (at Richwood of course) and moved to the Cincinnati area to be closer to her husband’s job. She left her position at Richwood and started working in downtown Cincy. However, she missed working with all of our amazing wedding couples and guests, and decided to return! She has now resumed her role as Event & Social Manager and couldn’t be more thrilled to be back with her Richwood family and friends.

1233 Highway 36 Milton, KY, 40045
502-663-2748

Monday- Saturday 9 am-6 pm; Closed Sunday
Location of (Richwood on the River)

Other vendors in Lexington for your wedding