Poppy + Veil Ceremonies

Ashland, OR View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Poppy + Veil Ceremonies is a wedding officiant and celebrant service based in Ashland, Oregon. Serving couples throughout Southern Oregon and the Southern Oregon coast, celebrant Michele Duncan King (she/her/hers) specializes in creating elopement ceremonies and smaller weddings. She handcrafts ceremonies that thoughtfully honor each couple and represent their authentic love story. An ally of the LGBTQ+ community, Michele believes in marriage equality and welcomes all lovebirds on their momentous occasion.

Michele's approach to writing a ceremony is inclusive and completely customizable. She is available for traditional or non-traditional, eco-friendly, unique, whimsical, or simple and minimalist ceremonies. Whatever you desire for your minimony or elopement, Poppy + Veil Ceremonies will work closely with you to bring your dreams to life. While she is based in Ashland, this officiant/celebrant can travel throughout the Pacific Northwest for your wedding.

• Woman-owned

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

OR

What languages do you speak?

English

Billy A. Married on 01/11/2022

Exactly what we were looking for

Michelle was lovely to work with. Made everything very easy and special. Handled everything we needed in the exact time line we requested. I WILL be recommending her to others that are looking for any of the multitudes of services she offers.
    Steven A. Married on 10/21/2021

Amazing "Elopement" Experience

We have been wanting to get married for quite a while, but with COVID and other life stuff we just couldn't get a wedding planned. We asked Michele to help us with a small elopement ceremony at our home. The entire experience was amazing. She asked us to guide the planning of the ceremony, asked questions to help her know us and tailor the event, and was so respectful and considerate of all our wishes. It turned out to be so much more beautiful and special than we ever imagined. Even when our 4 guests decided to surprise us with live music that changed the beginning of our plan, Michele was flexible and thoughtful and celebrated this wonderful, loving gift with us. We are so happy that Michele helped us with our special day!

Poppy + Veil Ceremonies's reply:

Steve and Danielle, thank you for letting me be a small part of your special day! I'm so happy for you both, and your guests made the ceremony extra magical!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Deals

Poppy + Veil Ceremonies 1
Discount

I just moved -- and moved my officiant/celebrant practice to Ashland (from the northern Oregon coast)! With auturmn and winter upon us, I would love to be the officiant for your upcoming local off-season elopement or minimony in the beautiful Ashland or Rogue Valley area!

I'm offering 10 percent off any inquiries that are booked through January 31. Just mention this discont when you schedule your initial phone meeting with Michele at Poppy + Veil Ceremonies.

Team

Michele  Duncan King
Michele Duncan King
Officiant/Celebrant; Owner

Hi! I'm Michele!

I was born in Oregon and have lived in Central Oregon, on the northern Oregon coast, and the rural areas of our state's beautiful fertile valleys. I can be found hiking or biking and exploring the beaches, high desert, and forests of the Pacific Northwest with my favorite person, my husband Matt.

My personal calling as a celebrant is to create meaningful, heartfelt ceremonies (since my life is centered around bringing more love and healing into the world). My promise to you is that you have the best experience possible when working with me. ​

I use the pronouns she/her/hers.

683 Ashland Creek Dr Ashland, OR, 97520
(541) 480-0105
Location of (Poppy + Veil Ceremonies)

Other vendors in Eugene for your wedding