Columbus, NE 68601 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About New World Designs

"Photography is a way of capturing a glimpse of something that is unexplainable. There are no bad photos in the realm of photography - every picture has its' own beauty, and that beauty is more than what is seen by the eye. It is a story told by the photographer - not a spoken story, but a story of expressions, feelings and emotions. The camera is a perfect tool to capture all of these emotions, allowing you to treasure them forever." - Ryan Feehan

My name is Angie Wellman, and I am the proud owner and photographer for New World Designs, which is a husband and wife team on the wedding end. I have been exposed to photography my entire life. In my early childhood, I enjoyed tinkering with old cameras while the other girls played with Barbie dolls. Through the years, I came to the realization that I was destined to be a photographer. I envision everything as being a work of art. The tree that lies in your front yard may be just a tree to you, but I see it as a painting, waiting for its' beauty to be captured through the lens of my camera.

Realizing I wanted to enter into the photography business after high-school, I attended SCC in Lincoln where I graduated with an Associates of Applied Science degree in the field of Visual Publications in 2004. Soon after, I landed my dream job in a photography studio doing graphic effects on photos. I soon decided that I wanted to create my own business, one where I could place the emphasis on capturing delicate moments in time, instead of focusing on the maximization of profits like other studios. It was then that I created New World Designs in late 2004. I have transformed my business into something that I could have never imagined. I have invested much of my profits into new computer equipment, computer software, lighting, high quality lens' and a Canon 5D in order to give you a vision that is everything you could imagine. Recently, I've added a new member to the team, my husband and third hand Kenny. Together, we work to capture your wedding day with every click of our cameras! Kenny will second shoot, assist with anything wedding day related that you as a couple may need, as well as me as the main photographer! Without his help and support, New World Designs wouldn't be where its at today!

I am also a proud member of the Professional Photographers of Nebraska as well as Professional Photographers of Nebraska, and a link to these organizations are located on the bottom right hand side of my website. As well as that organization, I am also a member of many community organizations and volunteer projects. I am continuously attending seminars and events to increase my knowledge of photography - it's something I truly love to do and enjoy keeping up on all the new advances in the photography industry.

Tell me more about New World Designs you say? Well, as I mentioned, I created the business in 2004 and it hasn't stopped growing since. I have a small studio located at Wagner's Lake where I either use backdrops I have inside the studio, or the natural elements of the lake to create one-of-a-kind pictures. I enjoy getting to know the person I am photographing before I snap the shutter. This helps me get a feel for what the person is really like, and what I can do to best bring that out through the pictures I create. If you have any ideas for a photograph you would like to see, please let me know. Any idea is a good idea in the world of photography.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask away! I will get them answered as soon as possible.

Follow New World Designs on

IMG0049e
IMG0080e

17 Reviews for New World Designs

Kristin · Married on 04/20/2013

Angie and Kenny are AWESOME! They were so easy to get ahold of and really worked with us well! Not to mention...our pictures turned out AMAZING!

Angie and Kenny were great! We had an outside wedding, in a pasture, and they adapted to the environment extrememly well! I felt like they knew exactly what we wanted and they knew our style. We are very happy with our pictures and have recommended them to our own family!

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2012

Angie and Kenny were amazing!!! So happy I chose them to shoot my barn wedding!! They captured the rusticness and the country feel that I wanted and they also captured the moments that I was to busy to see. Thankyou so much for everything!!

New World Designs FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Thank You Cards

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• New World Designs 1
    Mention that you found us via Wedding wire for $200!
    $200 off our Platinum wedding package! Call today to book to take advantage of this special!

• Finch On The Run Entertainment
    Finch On The Run Entertainment Wedding DJs

AMAZING Photographer and an AMAZING person. We have worked with Angie before in the past as we she was the photographer and us DJ'ing . She is always very easy to work with and super sweet to visit with. She communicates very well and is by far a wonderful and professional person and company to work with. She will create amazing memories and capture them on film at any event she does. We HIGHLY recommend Angie and New World!!!! Thank you for being YOU Angie!! Brian R Finch Owner/DJ Finch On The Run Entertainment

• Columbus, NE 68601 See on map