Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale

Paradise Valley, AZ View map Visit website
Up to 250 guests

Up to 250 guests

Mountain Shadows is an icon of desert modernism in Paradise Valley. Wow your guests with one-of-a-kind venues like the Paradise Ballroom which can host up to 435 people reception style and the alfresco Paradise Terrace which can hold 350. For a breathtaking Camelback Mountain view, the Mountain Shadows Lawn can comfortably host up to 450 people, while the ambient Camelback Overlook can hold 420 reception style.

Wedding guests that are residing at the resort will be able to enjoy their own personal retreat where they can rest and re-energize before and after the big wedding day. The best of mid-century modernism and contemporary design combine to create spaces that feel open and luxurious. Including plush bedding, custom furnishings, floor-to-ceiling glass, a cocktail cart with inspired recipes and 24-hour room service. Premium guestrooms also include private patios or balconies, perfect for enjoying the stunning desert scenery.

In between celebrating the bride and groom on their big day, guests can tee-off on The Short Course, catch some rays by the two luxe 75-foot pools at The Citizens Club, and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at Hearth ’61 spearheaded by the renowned Chef Charles Wiley.

Make sure to ask us about some of our unique and innovative offerings such as:

Brunch Weddings – Unique to Mountain Shadows are the remarkable daytime views from our Lawns, Camelback Overlook and Paradise Terrace, and the perfect setting for a daytime wedding, brunch style. Creative menu options offered provide an opportunity for a combined experience of ceremony, reception and brunch amidst the breathtaking views of Camelback Mountain.

Rehearsal Dinners – Are you considering having your rehearsal dinner at Mountain Shadows? Beautiful sunsets in the shadow of the mountain create a backdrop for welcoming your guests, both local and out of town.

Morning-After Brunches – Our delicious breakfast menu options afford any couple the chance to send off their family and friends with one more opportunity to enjoy the fantastic settings at Mountain Shadows and extending a heartfelt thank you to all your guests for attending.

Naked Teepee Rentals – This unique décor offers your guests both an indigenous and stylish addition to any event. From cocktail or rehearsal receptions to late night dancing, Naked Teepees bring a bohemian flare for every celebration!

Wedding Party Golf Tournaments – Whether you’re the groom or the bride, everyone enjoys a healthy competitive round of golf. And what better place than right here at The Short Course. 18-holes of par 3, with clubs and carts, along with our traveling beverages, offer a fun activity pre or post wedding.

Private Poolside Cabana Rentals – Enjoy the luxury of our Cabanas while experiencing our relaxing Jacuzzi and 75-foot negative edge pools. It’s a terrific option to relax before or after your event with amenities and discounts available for you and your guests.

Vegan and Gluten Free Menu Options – Our award winning culinary team can customize any menu and offer those guests who have dietary preferences the chance to enjoy some of the best cuisine the valley has to offer during your events.

Late Night Snacks – Now almost a staple for any wedding are the options of Late Night Snacks. Casual and delicious are the best ways to describe these creative delicacies. A great way to cap off an evening of dinner and dancing.

Astro-tourism components (astronomers, framed star maps captured the night of the wedding, telescopes, etc.) – Mountain Shadows’ location lends itself to some of the most amazing stargazing and evenings under the stars. Astronomers, Telescopes, along with a variety of ways to complement these activities, provide you and your guests with yet another opportunity to experience Arizona.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$10,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$10,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$5,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$5,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Lighting/Sound
Linens
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$50

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Art Gallery
Ballroom
Hotel
Resort
Restaurant
Rooftop

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Chairs
Dance Floor
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

June

Message vendor

• Lena
    Lena T. Married on 05/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best venue in Phoenix/Scottsdale, hands down

We had an end of May wedding (ceremony and reception) for 50 people at Mountain Shadows. We had shopped around a bit at other hotels/resorts around Scottsdale, which all had similar pricing, and it felt like Mountain Shadows was the most beautiful, tasteful, and upscale venue. The resort itself is always very peaceful no matter what time of year it is (we are local and visit often for staycations and dining in the restaurant). It was absolutely amazing, what a beautiful venue. Greg and Missy in catering are so nice and accommodating, and I can't say enough good things about Ariadne, the banquet captain, who is just a sweetheart. The food was outstanding, just so delicious, and the service was superb - I kept getting guests tell me how quickly the food came out and how they'd never had that level of attentiveness at previous weddings. We had our dinner in the ballroom and I had been concerned it would feel too corporate or unwelcoming but it was actually quite nice with a little bit of decor, and it was great that the doors face the patio (aka Rusty's golf restaurant) that looks on to Camelback Mountain, so guests could come and go as they pleased for a smoke or fresh air. We were also able to have a vintage Volkswagen "photo bus" park near the patio which was perfect because it was so easily accessible from the ballroom. The cake that was provided in our package by A Bakeshop was incredible, they nailed the design I asked for and the cake actually tasted SO good (I feel like cake I've had at other weddings is always bland or too sugary), plus they had tons of flavor combinations to choose from. Also, pro tip, Mountain Shadows actually does some desserts like cupcakes, cookies, petit fours that you can add on, which I didn't realize until late so I only added the petit fours when we were below our minimum and had to add some stuff. We had a lot of leftovers and everyone kept coming back for more petit fours the next day, they were definitely a favorite. Also, as to the ceremony area right in front of Camelback, you can't ask for a more spectacular backdrop, especially for photos. I was never one to daydream or fantasize about my wedding, it was actually my husband who wanted one more than me, and I was always very concerned about spending and budget, as we financed the wedding ourselves, but I have to say, I had the absolute best time ever at our wedding, and pretty much all of our friends and family agreed that it was a spectacular venue and amazing event overall. I think our money was 100% well spent, I have zero regrets and I would do it all over in a second if I could
    Alisha Married on 10/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfection and worth every dollar

From when I got engaged mountain shadows was the top of my list for venues purely on the amazing views and the mid century modern architecture. Once I reached out the team was super communicative, which was important to me since I don’t live in Arizona and this was during covid. They did a video walk through of the venue for us and did as many calls as needed to make sure I was comfortable. The tasting was amazing and made us feel so welcome, even had champagne served to us when we walked in. Missy who was our main pint of contact was just such a joy to work with and always had an answer or fox for anything we needed. We had several of our guests stay at mountain shadows for our wedding weekend and everyone loved the property and pool. We even rented a few cabanas the day after the wedding to lounge and continue the festivities. The wedding venue was everything we could have dreamed of. The view was amazing, we had so many guests tell us the food was the best they have had at any wedding, which I would have to agree. The food was unreal how good it was, esp being served for that many people. The staff were so professional and accommodating. Very bartender knew my and my husbands drink order, so we always had a cocktail ready when we needed it. They also packed up the food we didn’t finish and sent it to our room. My brother in law had to leave dinner to attend to my baby nephew and they took his plate to keep it hot for when he got back. That is the type of attention to detail they had. If you are going to pay premium, you expect a certain level of service and quality and mountain shadows exceeded our expectations.
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 10/19/2019

HIGHLY recommend!

If you want to have the most AMAZING wedding day – you MUST book Mountain Shadows! They are simply amazing. I knew the minute we toured the property with Zeina (in pouring rain, which never happens in Arizona) over a year ago that Mountain Shadows was something truly special.

During the year of planning, Zeina and Greg, went above and beyond. They did whatever was necessary to help us bring our vision to life from the ceremony to reception. Every question and concern was immediately answered. The attention to detail including food allergies was refreshing and I knew that no matter what it would be a great wedding and it absolutely was!

Zeina had everything under control during our wedding weekend and it seemed to go on without a hitch. During the reception, everything was handled so beautifully and seamlessly! We are still blown away. The food was amazing and our guests have not stopped raving not only about the food but about the incredible service from the entire staff.

The attention to the little details really is what stands out for us. Zeina and Greg were in constant communication not just with me and our planner but our vendors. They would e-mail me just to check in to see HOW I was doing especially as the big day approached. Zeina was there when we checked into the hotel on Friday afternoon and was attentive to all of our needs during the entire weekend. And finally, having a server at the reception assigned solely to the bride and groom to cater to our needs – these are just a few of the many little touches that make Mountain Shadows extraordinary.

Choosing to have our wedding at Mountain Shadows was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Throughout the yearlong planning process, we were never made to feel like a nameless client but friends. Thank you to everyone at Mountain Shadows for making our wedding weekend such a special and wonderful experience. I cannot recommend Mountain Shadows highly enough!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

• Jenna & John
    78 photos · 12/15/2018

Pricing

Parker and Schmidt Clothiers Parker and Schmidt Clothiers Wedding Dresses

Mountain Shadows offers a ballroom, hotel or rooftop venue good for you occasions.

Piece of Cake Desserts Piece of Cake Desserts Wedding Cakes

Mountain Shadows is absolutely gorgeous with so many amazing picturesque backdrops, how could you not want to get married there? What makes it even more amazing is the dream team they have assembled to make sure your wedding is perfect! Greg and his team are the best of the best!

Got You Covered Got You Covered Wedding DJs

We cant wait to work with you and your beautiful property!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
5445 East Lincoln Drive Paradise Valley, AZ, 85253
Location of (Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale)

Other vendors in Phoenix for your wedding

Wedding Venues