South Woodlawn Avenue, Burlington, IA 52601 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,800
Availability Check your date

About Melissa Cervantes Photography

Hi, my name is Melissa.

I specialize in romantic and soulful wedding photography for the intrepid couple.

Rooted in authentic documentary, with a background in photo-journalism, I'm all about telling the story of an entire day past pretty posed portraits. I long to get back to the basics: emotive color, actual people, raw emotion.

I'm for the fiercely real, wild-hearted couple who's up for the unexpected and ready to embrace life. And by life, I don't mean perfection. Life is when things go wrong, when the weather changes, when you rip your dress and fall down and it's in this very messy life that you met the love of it. So let it all happen and let me document it. I do promise that together we will make something altogether lovely and that it is my absolute mission to make you look like the best possible version of youself on your wedding day.

If you wanna win my heart, I like Jesus, bears, coffee and conspiracy theories. And food. All the food.

Based in Iowa, but available worldwide.

XO,

Melissa

Follow Melissa Cervantes Photography on

• Stephanie Dietrich Photography LLC
  • Wendi Riggens Photography
  • Amy Becker Photography
Jenna + Jakob wedding
melissa cervantes photography iowa midwest destination wedding elopement photographer jenny brandon jasper 313 51 949238 1562366736
Ashley + Zach wedding

Melissa Cervantes Photography 4
Melissa Cervantes Photography 5

Nick Fleck · Married on 06/08/2019

Kind, Fun, Professional and Great Product

We booked Melissa for our wedding and our engagement photos. We found her by browsing her Instagram; she was previously hired to photograph a wedding at our venue. We absolutely loved her product but we didn't know the type of person Melissa was...until we met her for our engagement photo shoot about nine months prior to our wedding. Turns out she was the perfect match for us - she was fun, endearing, motivational, and was able to get us out of our comfort zone quickly and with ease. She was able to work in muggy and unbelievably buggy conditions without complaint. Our engagement photos turned out absolutely adorable, one's that we are proud to share with friends, family, and social media.

Fast forward to our wedding and she was able and, more importantly, willing to accommodate some unforeseen changes in our timeline. I would not hesitate to book Melissa for your wedding. She was extremely driven, down-to-earth, and, what impressed me most, was her ability to manage the many different personalities of our 170 guests. An absolute rockstar.

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Jasper · Married on 04/27/2019

Ahhh-mazing

From the very first minute I got engaged I knew I NEEDED to have Melissa capture my wedding day. I had never met her before I just saw her work and LOVED it! We set up a meet and greet and she was very professional and so down to earth which I loved! So I booked her! Our engagement sessions was what I call a sauna on over drive but she was amazing and made both my husband and I feel so comfortable and not awkward. Fast forward to our wedding April 27, the last weekend in April and it was a blizzard...30 degrees cold, rainy, snowy, windy. All the worst possible winter weather you could think of we had. Instead of saying sorry I’m not shooting anything outside she was like I’m game of your game! So we did it and I don’t regret a single thing because I trusted her 1000% and looking at our pictures, she did above and beyond what I expected! Melissa was the very first thing I booked when I got engaged! She is an amazing person inside and out! So much fun to work with! 10/10 I would do it all over again!

Melissa Cervantes Photography 6
    Melissa Cervantes Photography 11
    Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Stout Wedding

Chantelle · Married on 10/06/2018

I'll start by saying Melissa is a wonderful person, on top of that she has amazing talent. Right away it was easy for my husband and I to know we had chosen the right photographer for us. She was so intrigued to know we were open to being more adventurous (which lead her to this idea of rooftop shots, they turned out beautifully). She recommended some great photo ideas that turned out absolutely stunning but she also made sure to capture what was most important to my husband and I. She really can handle any situation that comes her way, seeing that our wedding party couldn't resist singing and dancing during our group photos. Let's just say, she turned that situation into some of the best photos I've ever seen. She captured genuine love and laughter between us and the ones we love most. Our photos truly take us back to those moments as if we were there all over again.
    I highly recommend Melissa Cervantes Photography to anyone that is looking to capture special moments that they want to last forever.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Melissa Cervantes Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3800.00
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums