Santa Fe, NM 87508 Map · Phone number

About Melanie West Photography

I look for activity and stillness, delight and contemplation. Within the unique images remains my belief in our universal human stories. I hope to share that with others through my photographs. To be present.

I am based in Santa Fe and available for weddings in New Mexico plus destination weddings worldwide. Each assignment is a pleasure, as well as a unique, artistic journey, and I look forward to creating a custom, hand-crafted package for you.

gy0a5273 51 340644

26 Reviews for Melanie West Photography

Karen · Married on 09/12/2018

After viewing many photographers' work, I was drawn to Melanie's because of the distinctive style she gave each couples' photos. We didn't have a cookie-cutter wedding and we didn't want cookie-cutter photos. We wanted our unique experience to show through. Melanie understood that and also added some great suggestions. She listened to what we wanted, used that as a starting point and added her expertise to really make our photos ones that we're proud of! We also appreciated her artistic flair, and the fact that she grew up in Santa Fe came in handy when part of our request was to do some scenic shots in the area. Her calm and kind demeanor made our photo session fun and relaxing, and I have had so many compliments on the quality of our photos! I would recommend Melanie to anyone who needs professional photos taken.

• Chris

Chris · Married on 09/09/2018

Melanie West was Amazing

Melanie West did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She captured lots of great moments with pictures that were bright, colorful, and sharp. We hired her for 6 hours which included a little time before the wedding, the wedding itself, and most of the reception. Our wedding and reception were inside LaFonda on the Plaza in Santa Fe. Immediately after the wedding she took photos of us with our families and the wedding party inside the hotel and during the spare 20 minutes we had before the reception started Melanie took us outside for pictures. She knew some great places where we could stand with beautiful backgrounds. One of my favorite pictures from the whole day was taken outside the hotel around the corner. One of my other favorite pictures was a picture of my wife and I walking up the aisle seconds after being declared husband and wife. We both had big smiles and looked at Melanie at the same time and she captured the moment perfectly. That moment when we approached her while walking and smiling and looking straight at her only existed for a second or two and she nailed it. Melanie stayed a little longer than her contracted time and had started to leave. I was standing next to my paraplegic friend in his wheelchair and some of my other friends and Melanie graciously unpacked her camera , waited for us to pose, and took one last picture of the group of guys. It turned out to be another one of my favorites.

Cait · Married on 09/02/2018

Melanie was a delight to work with you. Professional, responsive, creative, kind, and easygoing. She was adaptable and created a great collections of photos that we will treasure. Highly recommend her.

Melanie West Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Negatives
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Negatives
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• Maggie's Cakes
    Maggie's Cakes Wedding Cakes

Melanie is delightful and wonderful to work with. She comes from a long line of artists and has chosen photography as her medium. Her photos are works of art. Truly.

• Santa Fe, 87508 See on map