Guest capacity 50 to 300
Availability Check your date

About Lyndhurst Castle

Lyndhurst Named one of America’s most beautiful mansions by Forbes Magazine! Read the article.

Lyndhurst is owned and operated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a private, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to saving historic places and revitalizing America’s communities. Recipient of the National Humanities Medal, the Trust was founded in 1949 and provides leadership, education, advocacy, and resources to protect the irreplaceable places that tell America’s story. Staff at the Washington, DC, headquarters, six regional offices and 29 historic sites work with the Trust’s 270,000 members and thousands of preservation groups in all 50 states.

Lyndhurst is one of 29 National Trust Historic Sites.

Follow Lyndhurst Castle on

Lyndhurst Castle 4
Lyndhurst Castle 5
  • I

Irene · Married on 10/06/2018

Rough start, but in the end it was amazing!

We initially booked Lyndhurst Mansion (who works exclusively with Philip Stone Caterers) in November 2016, almost two years before our wedding. Not going to lie, while our initial booking process was very smooth, we actually ended up seeing both our original venue coordinator and her replacement leave! It was pretty rough around the year-before-the-wedding mark when we were trying to get our second payment in.

However, third time is the charm. Brandon, who is currently the coordinator for Philip Stone at Lyndhurst, is absolutely amazing, and his team is equally awesome. Brandon is extremely responsive, and answered all of my emails very promptly and patiently (and he was definitely patient -- there were multiple days in the month before the wedding when I'd send multiple emails). He and his team are completely on top of things; our cocktail hour and reception went off without any issues, and they rolled with it when things like my entire extended family showing up two hours early happened.

Also, THE FOOD. Our guests raved about it. One of my friends dreams about the Meyer lemon puree in the sea bass entree. My big worry was that the food day of would not be as good as the tasting, but that turned out to be completely unfounded. My uncle that complains about literally everything even complimented it.

I do also want to mention my bridal attendant, Jeannie, who I didn't know I needed before the wedding, but ended up being my crutch throughout the day of; I don't know what I would've done without her.

In short, everything about our wedding at Lyndhurst was amazing. The mansion (so beautiful, and we loved the Halloween decor/scarecrows), the food/drinks, the Philip Stone team and their handling of logistics (seriously, I didn't have to worry about anything!), the servers (who we have a video of dancing to Whip/Nae Nae -- super cute!), everything. Thank you guys so much. :)

marianne · Married on 06/02/2018

We held my daughter's wedding reception at Lyndhurst at the end of May 2018. It could not have been more beautiful, and the food (catered by Philip Stone Caterers) was -- by far -- the best I have had at any wedding. Many of our guests commented on how good the food was and how professional and accommodating the service was.

The cocktail reception on the porch of the mansion and on the lawn running down to the Hudson River was stunning; and the tent, carriage house, and patio provided a comfortable and beautiful location for dinner, gathering and dancing.

If I had another wedding to plan, I would definitely have it at Lyndhurst.

Lyndhurst Castle FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 5,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 3,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 5,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 25.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 50
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Mansion, Museum
  • What event services do you offer? Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents
  • What months are included in your peak season? March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November

• Joyful Video
    Joyful Video Wedding Videographers

We LOVE Lyndhurst Castle , if you are looking for elegant venue look no further! The ambiance, food and staff are amazing.

• 10005 See on map