Chesterfield, MO 63017 Map · Phone number

About Lindsay Blum Photography

Hi, I'm Lindsay!

At heart, I am a nature-loving minimalist. I spent my childhood living in a log cabin in the woods of Ste. Genevieve and developed a deep appreciation for the natural world and the skies above. I feel at home among the great outdoors and am most at peace when I am lost in nature.

After moving to Saint Louis to earn a degree in International Business, I opened my photography business in 2014. While I now live in the city, I long for those endless and clear night skies, simple aesthetics and the enchanting, lush forests of the Missouri countryside.

Extra Tidbits

• A bucket list experience of mine is to visit every U.S. National Park
• The Kennedy Space Center is my equivalent to Disney World
• I love animals and have kept aquariums since I was 12 years old
• I love documentaries and do not watch reality TV (well, I do like cooking and artistic competitions)
• I love traveling and writing all about my experiences
• My personality type is ISFJ-T
• I really do enjoy long walks on the beach (or anywhere, really)
• One of the best parts of my day is my early morning, predawn run
• I have a weird aversion to celery seed and cilantro
• I’m getting married in October 2019

How I Approach Photography

Emotional Connection

I truly believe that establishing a closer connection with my wedding clients is a key ingredient to creating genuine, emotional storytelling. Photographs are one of the few remaining tangible artifacts from your wedding. Being able to reconnect to those emotions through photography will bring you back to that special place in time, over and over again.

When telling someone’s story, I believe capturing the details and surroundings are very important. I take time to photograph venue and architectural images along with the smaller details that are often overlooked, but provide context to your wedding day.

Whether you and your guests are in a place of reverence or jubilant celebration, I want to capture those moments in a personal way. While some elements of photography can be subjective – the emotional connections are what will ultimately prevail through time.

Follow Lindsay Blum Photography on

8 Reviews for Lindsay Blum Photography

1 User photo

Lindsay Blum Photography 1

Janice · Married on 09/30/2017

Lindsay is an absolute joy to work with. She is one of those people that when you meet her, you feel like you've already known her for a long time. Lindsay is so professional, responsive and kind and instantly put our wedding party and guests at ease which resulted in beautiful pictures. She really captured the special moments of the day and we are so pleased with her work. We will enjoy her pictures for years to come!

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Lindsay Blum Photography 2

Lindsay Blum Photography's reply:

Hi Janice! It was such a great pleasure working with you and you families for Michelle & Nick's wedding day! I absolutely loved working with you all, and loved their intimate and family-focused wedding day. I truly appreciate your mother and father's kind hospitality; everyone was so kind and welcoming and I really appreciated it. Many congratulations to your brother and his new bride!

Christine · Married on 05/27/2017

Lindsay is amazing at what she does! Our wedding photos turned out perfect and have received sooo many compliments on them. Lindsay really takes the time to understand exactly what you are looking for. She even went to our wedding location before hand to check out the place so she wasn't walking in blind the day of. I just love the way her photos look and how she captures a picture. I recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Lindsay Blum Photography's reply:

Christine, thank you so much for your sweet and very kind words! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Brent, and I had a wonderful time capturing your unique and beautiful wedding day.

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

One of the first things I did when I got engaged was book Lindsay with Gilded Light. I could not get married without her being my photographer. Beginning to end she was simply amazing. We constantly get compliments on our pictures and these are memories I will cherish forever. I am so grateful for Lindsay and her kindness.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Lindsay Blum Photography's reply:

Sarah, I am so very glad to have worked with you and Zach! I had a lot of fun working with you for your engagement and wedding photography. Thank you both for always being so welcoming, and for your very kind words. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again next year, at your sister's wedding!