Denver, CO 80220 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 18

About La Pompe Jazz

La Pompe Jazz is a Denver based Gypsy jazz band that performs an eclectic melding of 40's era American Jazz standards with classic french gypsy tunes. With a mixture of vocal tunes and instrumentals La Pompe jazz is perfect for a low key evening or a truly swingin' affair!

La Pompe Jazz has quickly become a Denver staple, performing at some of the best venues in town, most notably Nocturne Jazz Club, Ophelia's, Swallow Hill & The Mercury Cafe, as well as great summer festivals like the The Denver Flea, The Big Wonderful and The Great American Beer Fest. La Pompe Jazz has also been nominated by Westword Magazine for one of the top Jazz bands in Denver!

With La Pompe Jazz you can expect a reliable talented group of dedicated musicians. We can transport your guests to a Parisian Cafe in spring with soulful ballads and then turn up the tempo for swinging "hot club" style tunes. For weddings, we offer perfect tasteful aisle music, classy cocktail hour and a fun energetic reception.

Check us out!!

Our current group consists of vocals, two guitars, an upright bass, & violin.
Also, don't forget to ask about our great relationship with local swing dancing troupe 'Swingin' Denver', if you are interested in swing dance lessons or a full performance to put your event over the top!

Follow La Pompe Jazz on

Videos 3 vídeos

11 Reviews for La Pompe Jazz

• Jen

Jen · Married on 06/01/2019

La Pompe Jazz Will Make You Fall in Love with Music All Over Again!

It took my husband and I a long time to agree on music because we both love it so much! We knew we wanted a band to make our wedding festivities feel way more fun and unique but we couldn't decide what exactly we were looking for. I have always loved swing music and that magical feeling you get from listening to jazz, but I had to convince my husband first.

I let him listen to La Pompe Jazz before I talked about hiring them for our wedding and my husband agreed that they sounded amazing! I then showed him the reviews of the band and how many people loved having them for their event. The moment we were connected with David I felt totally at ease with our choice--I knew he would be able to put together an amazing sound for our wedding, especially when it came to music. Our first conversation he told us the band had a Django Reinhardt style, and my husband was sold!

La Pompe Jazz played for our entire event and we couldn't be more happy about our choice. They allowed us to choose one song to be learned and then we added an extra one and they made it sound so beautiful and unique that I wish I could have had a recording of it. We chose "You've Got a Friend in Me" by Randy Newman for the recessional song and then for the first dance song choice was "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes. La Pompe Jazz knew exactly how to play the crowd and I don't think any of our guests stopped dancing most of the evening because they were so fantastic! My father-in-law loved all the Sinatra music they played.

Seriously, there aren't enough words to tell La Pompe how amazing and talented they are and I wish them luck in all of their musical careers and endeavors. I feel lucky to have been able to have them play for our wedding and create such a magical memory that will never be forgotten. It's been a few months and my guests still rave about how awesome the band was and ask for the name so they can listen to the music!

Sent on 09/29/2019

La Pompe Jazz's reply:

Your kind words mean the world to us! Your wedding was so damn fun! We really appreciate everything.

Mariel Meltzer · Married on 03/24/2019

Made Our Day!

Our first conversation was me declaring, "no Glenn Miller, no Fiddler on the Roof, and by the way we'd need you on site kind of early in the morning; is that doable?" The fact that they didn't hang up on me after that statement is a testament to their professionalism. David was so accommodating, professional, and flexible. Absolute pleasure to work with, and the music was phenomenal. They created a playlist that included the Westworld theme song, a Greatest Showman cover, and a jazz version of Macklemore's thrift shop. We still get compliments on how great the music was, they played our first cocktail hour as guests were arriving, the ceremony, and second cocktail hour. And not only did they dress nicely, they even dressed in vintage inspired suits which fit in with the vibe of our wedding; really thoughtful attention to detail which was appreciated! Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • F

Frank · Married on 06/09/2018

La Pompe Jazz performed at my daughter's wedding June of 2018. They provided ceremony music, cocktail music and reception music for listening and dancing.

The wedding date and the venue were chosen to accommodate La Pompe's schedule. La Pompe was truly the centerpiece of the wedding day activities with the venue, date, etc. falling in place after confirmation La Pompe would perform. All other elements were negotiable for the wedding day.

It was a pleasure working with David on selecting and arranging the songs and the flow for the day. With a special thank-you to all four of the guys for the "First Dance Song" that they arranged and performed at our request. A very successful presentation was obtained for the song previously not covered in their repertoire or other bands collections because of the difficulty, remarkability and recognition of the tune to the original performer as the only one of its kind. A daunting task to consider taking on, let alone to excel at.

It is refreshing and hopeful knowing that the world still has young people and dreamers willing to keep the past alive and to help others remember forgotten names and the talent that was originally presented over many previous decades. La Pompe's troupe provides that service well, along with performing more recent and original songs.

Andy, David, Erik and Kevin are consummate gentlemen and entertainers, and just plain fun to be around.
    La Pompe entertained and delighted our friends and family as promised, and especially Mallory and Brad.

We thank you for beginning through the ending of a perfect day.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Award

La Pompe Jazz FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
    $ 0 - $ 0
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
    $ 0 - $ 0
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    MC
    Music During Breaks
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package?
    $ 1800
  • Which of the following are included in the package?
    Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Jazz
    Strings
    Swing
  • What music services do you provide?
    Instrumentals
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Music During Breaks
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Vocals
    Willing to Travel
  • What items are available?
    Microphones

• Denver, 80220 See on map
    Location of (La Pompe Jazz)