Kennedy-Doss Event Management

Myrtle Beach, SC View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,000 Package Price

Kennedy-Doss Event Management, based out of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is a wedding planning company. The team here strives to provide unbeatable coordination services at a price that is accessible for every couple. They want to make the process as stress-free as possible, so the to-be-weds can focus on enjoying their milestone day.

Kennedy-Doss Event Management specializes in making their clients' dreams come to life. The planners here are inspired by each couple's unique vision for their day and go the extra mile to make it a reality. They offer day-of coordination, partial planning, and full-service event management, so you can choose the level of assistance that best suits you. Some of the services they offer include budget analysis, scheduling, and to-do list creation.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,700

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$2,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Paige G. Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10/10 would hire time and time again!

If you’re looking for event coordinators, look no further. The ladies of Kennedy-Doss are miracle workers who get the job done and know how to have a good time while doing it. We live across the country and thought planning a destination wedding would be a massive headache, but it was a breeze with them at the helm. Lauri is a workhorse and made sure my family and I didn’t have to lift a finger the day of our wedding. Can’t recommend enough!
    Emily Married on 09/04/2021

September 4th 2021 wedding

Planning a wedding in general is a extremely stressful time in any couples lives, but planning a wedding in 6 months during a pandemic is more than stressful. After finding Marnie Kennedy and Lauri Doss, almost all of my stress disappeared. Marnie and Lauri did a great job during planning with keeping everything in order, getting in contact with vendors, keeping in contact, and being responsive. Even if that meant me texting or calling at all hours of the night and early mornings, to last minute changes and needing an officiant. When the day of the wedding came, I was able to enjoy my day with my bridal party and not worry while Marnie and Lauri made my wedding dreams come true. From decorations, to keeping everyone on a timeline, to running up a flight of stairs seconds before I was supposed to walk down the aisle to make sure I had my bouquet,to making sure I was having the best time possible. These two women made my day stress free and seamless. Every bride/groom should have a wedding day be like no other. For us that was because of our Marnie and Lauri duo. I would recommend anyone to Kennedy and Doss Event Management. Thank you ladies for being my wedding dream team!!!
    Casey Married on 08/14/2021

Best decision I made!

Planning a wedding can be stressful enough, now we have to throw covid into the mix and it makes the planning process more stressful. I had to make new plans as Covid had originally made our wedding plans not able to happen.
    Working with Laurie was the BEST decision I could have made. After even my first conversation with her I felt extremely confident that my wedding would be everything I imagined, even though we were unable to go with our original plan. Laurie made the planning process the easiest and funniest thing in the world. I never felt like I had to worry about anything. She was extremely attentive, upbeat, responsive and knowledgeable. Being new to the Myrtle Beach area I had no idea where to start to other venders. Laurie has years worth of connections including photography, music, makeup, hair, officiants, and desserts that made that process easy, and stress free. Any time I had questions or concerns, she was there to ease my mind and assure me things would work out.
    4 days before my wedding my photographer ended up testing positive for Covid. When I heard the news my heart SANK! However, Laurie was the BEST person to have by my side because I did not have to worry about a single thing, even though I was worrying because I no longer had a photographer, she assured me she was on it and it would be fine. Within 4 hours she had someone else lined up and ready to go with 4 days notice!! After that moment I knew working with Laurie was the best decision.
    Fast forward to wedding day: Laurie made the wedding look absolutely amazing! With her and everything she did my wedding was more amazing than I could have ever imagined!

Kennedy-Doss Event Management's reply:

Thank you Casey. You and Sean were amazing. Love you both! I was so happy to be a part of your day. Your guests were fun and everyone was so nice. That always makes our job so much
    easier.

Team

Marnie Kennedy
Marnie Kennedy
Co-Owner / Coordinator

Originally from Miami Beach, Marnie came to the Grand Strand in 1998 and has since made it her home. With 30+ years in the service industry her passion has always been taking care of others. From server to bartender to manager to owner her experience is vast and she was naturally drawn to planning events.

Marnie has always been very committed to serving others in the community and it was her fundraising events that gave her the desire to do more in the planning world. In 2015 she was given the opportunity to coordinate her first wedding and she knew she had found her calling.

From small intimate weddings at The Coop to beachfront ballrooms receptions of 200 her style is still the same; stress free weddings that run like clockwork overseen by a bride’s new best friend! Couples know they are in good hands when the leave it to Marnie.

Lauri Doss
Lauri Doss
Co-Owner / Coordinator

Lauri has diverse experience in the wedding industry doing her first Myrtle Beach wedding in 2003. Originally from Toledo, Ohio, Lauri moved to Nashville Tennessee after high school. She graduated from Western Kentucky University with a business degree and paralegal certification.

Always that “go to” friend for planning parties, showers and weddings Lauri realized this was her passion. She made a career change to event management and planning and hasn’t looked back. She has done weddings of all types and sizes. From small intimate beach weddings to large weddings at historic venues. She feels the way to be happy in life is to do what you love. She has found what she loves and couldn’t be happier.

Lauri also has experience in the corporate world organizing training sessions, corporate outings and holiday parties. She has also assisted with political campaigns.

Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577
Location of (Kennedy-Doss Event Management)

Other vendors in Charleston for your wedding