Ruston, LA 71270 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Jena Leigh Photography

The reason for my love of photography and the reason I am desiring to continue to pursue photography as a full-time career is because of my love for people and their special moments. What other job does not keep you stuck behind a desk and allows you to be so intricately involved in someone's life, sharing the moments every step of the way at events such as engagements, births, weddings, holidays, etc. Photography provides a one-time chance to capture each event as if it were your own, and a special way to provide a visual memory for that special event.

In each and every photograph, the key is to capture the emotion and personality of each person and moment. To visually capture a bride’s nervousness, or the excitement and anticipation of the future in the face of a new parent or graduating senior is priceless. Photography is a way of documenting a moment in time, a moment in time in which your subject’s world has just changed or is about to change completely.

In the end, I want people to be proud of their event and remember every wonderful second of it. I want their personality to shine and, ultimately, to make a woman feel beautiful. My name and talent is woven into each photograph, and I take special pride in that. God has blessed me with a wonderful opportunity to pursue this dream of photography.

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from Louisiana Tech University. My degree has given a huge advantage with classes dealing with film and digital photography, photoshop and website skills, several small class settings with intense criticism, classes on technical skills needed for digital photography and lighting studio skills. I have also had several opportunities to work one on with with professors, independent studies, and several internships with local photographers. I shoot with a Canon 20d.

I am a newlywed myself, my husband Daniel and I were married on June 2, 2007. He is my biggest supporter and fan, but also my biggest critic. He is honest with me and encourages me to always do my best. Without him and his support, I would not be able to do what I love to do.

A special thank you to Kevin Kennedy, Robert Berguson, Dean Dablow, Frank Hamrick, Jonathan Donohoo, and Josiah Kennedy.

Follow Jena Leigh Photography on

37 Reviews for Jena Leigh Photography

Laree · Married on 05/12/2012

Jena is a very talented photographer! She works with you to incorporate what she thinks will look good as well as what your ideas are. She is flexible with your schedule and works to get you to best experience. Jena is also very kind and professional. I will continue to use her as much as I can in the future.

Emily · Married on 05/11/2012

Absolutely loved working with Jena! Jena took my bridal photos. She was very helpful in directing me how to pose and very cooperative with any other posing ideas that I had. She allowed for any type of touchups (example: hair, makeup), was very patient and friendly. My photos turned out beautiful and if you're looking for great photos to last a lifetime, Jena Leigh Photography is my number one recommendation. Can't wait to work with her again!

Sarah · Married on 04/06/2012

I didn't have you do a wedding but my children's picture sessions have turned out great! We have wonderful memories to show for it. I have recommended you to several people after asking about Rhodes' newborn pictures. I hope you get some good business! Thank you again!

Jena Leigh Photography FAQ