27649 Old Lincoln Hwy, Kamas, UT 84017 Map · Phone number

About High West Distillery

High West Distillery is a historic wedding venue located in Kamas, Utah. This unique destination is home to a distillery that was inspired by the owner, David Perkins, and his biochemistry background. High West Distillery was founded in 2006 and distilling began in 2007. Everything started with a 250-gallon still as well as a saloon that was crafted inside a historic livery stable and garage. The year 2015 saw the opening of a second location where educational sessions and tastings take place. The original saloon drawing in waves of crowds who seek to visit the alpine-inspired gastro-distillery. Since finding success, High West Distillery has entertained visitors through tours, tastings, and charming banter. For weddings, the High West Distillery is a fantastic option for those who are looking for a mountain experience. It sits atop a picturesque mountainside that is just steps from one of their premier, 1,600-gallon copper pot stills.

Facilities and Capacity

Weddings at High West Distillery may take advantage of this establishment's functioning whiskey distillery location. The property itself is about 25 minutes outside of Park City, Utah, set against the scenic hills of the lush countryside in Blue Sky Ranch. Here, couples are able to celebrate with up to 125 guests. The distillery is approximately 20,000 square feet and also hosts an outdoor amphitheater that is ideal for ceremonies. High West Distillery boasts rustic architecture and gorgeous elements such as a stone-lined hearth and exposed wooden beams. This clean, open, and airy space is welcoming to all guests and as they walk in they will be greeted with woven wood features that encase the ceiling, adding a special and memorable factor to the start of any event.

High West Distillery is open for events 6 days out of the week. This is inclusive of evening events for wedding ceremonies, receptions, and dinners. Their events team provides a full-service experience from start to finish, ensuring that their clients are happy and taken care of. Tours and tastings may be added to the celebrations on request.

• Louland Falls
hw wedding 4 51 1071067 1560186010

9 Reviews for High West Distillery

Madison Thomas · Getting married on 12/10/2021

High West, an excellent choice

I booked through High West just over a month away from our date because our original venue cancelled due to the pandemic. However, you would never know that we had to change plans to High West last minute with how amazing the staff is!!!! Melissa took such good care of me, keeping me calm, figuring out the logistics for our pandemic wedding, and just generally being a wonderful human! High West made our wedding absolutely amazing and gorgeous, our guests are still raving about the food (try the brussel sprouts if you get the chance!!!). They took huge pride in the details, such as creating a cocktail menu with our cats and giving great suggestions to find a little humor in our wedding favors. I would highly recommend them to anyone, especially for a pandemic wedding. They truly care about their brides and put their hearts into the event. High West deserves the highest praise!

Sent on 11/09/2020

High West Distillery's reply:

It was so much fun planning with you! You and Matt have such a great sense of humor and love of life. We were so happy we got to be a part of your special day!

~ Mel
  • Kate

Kate Bachman · Getting married on 07/08/2021

High West Distillery

We had our wedding at High West Distillery in Wanship at the end of August. The atmosphere, scenery, and overall experience was 10 out of 10. The service was very detailed from start to finish. Becky Gedmin, our wedding coordinator, was very professional and made our planning process flawless. The food and drinks were amazing. The venue played a huge part in our wedding, highly recommended!

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Madison

Madison Hada · Married on 10/17/2020

My Wedding Dream Come True

Once I saw a picture of this venue I was sold, then I spoke to Melissa, and any idea of getting married anywhere else stopped. This was the most amazing experience I've ever had both in planning and my wedding day. I didn't have a wedding planner, I had someone better, Mel who is head of the events at High West. High West is basically a one stop shop, the venue for ceremony and reception, food, drinks, seating tables, it's all taken care of. We added very minimal florals, and a band. That's it! Everyone that attended said it was the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever been to and I couldn't agree more. I am an event planner and I've never seen anything executed so flawlessly. The venue is breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking, the food is INSANE with generous portions and the drinks are incredible. I can't say enough about the whole experience, it still feels like a dream, and what's crazy about all of this is that it is extremely affordable! The best part for me was the opportunity to work with Mel. When planning a wedding in a little over a month during cover, I was worried, but Mel made it so easy to get everything done and exactly the way I wanted it. Whenever I had a request or question she made it happen.

To any bride reading this, book High West for your wedding. I am very particular, I have grand ideas and I'm rarely ever wowed, but High West surpassed everything. Thank you to the incredible staff and most of all, thank you Mel, you are now a friend for life.

Sent on 11/02/2020

High West Distillery's reply:

Madison - you were a dream to work with and your guests were so gracious. Covid had made so many things uncertain but you and Chris proved that love finds a way! We are honored to have been a part of your love story.
    - Mel

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

High West Distillery FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 15000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 10000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    China
    Clean Up
    Flatware
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Dessert
    Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 40.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
  • Describe your venue:
    Restaurant
    Winery
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Catering Services
    Clean Up
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine

• 27649 Old Lincoln Hwy Kamas, UT, 84017 See on map
    435.336.1501 (Phone number)
    Location of (High West Distillery)