Harrington Flutes Birmingham

Birmingham, AL View map

$600 Most Popular Price

Harrington Flutes Birmingham provides classical Flute music for weddings in and around Central Alabama. The owner, Barabara Harrington, has over 25 years of experience in performing at special events such as weddings, dinner parties, and private concerts. Along with her dedicated team of musicians, Barbara strives to provide her clients with the appropriate sounds to create a tranquil and serene atmosphere.

Playing throughout your special day, Harrington Flutes Birmingham enchants your celebration with an array of harmonious melodies. Indoor or outdoor performances can include solo flute, duets with flute and harp or flute and piano, or flute trios and quartets with violin, viola, and cello.

Whether you envision flute and harp music as you exchange vows or sophisticated flute quartets while guests dine, Barbara can accompany your big event with the music it deserves. Further services provided include the ability to learn new songs, allowing you to create the soundtrack to your love story. Recent music performed includes standard classical music such as "Clair de Lune" and "Canon in D," plus popular music such as "Love on Top" by Beyonce, "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis, and "Cosmic Love" by Florence & the Machine.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?

$250

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$600

Ceremony Music
Cocktail Hour Music
Learn New Songs
Music During Breaks
Travel Expenses

What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?

Instrumental - Solo
Instrumental - Duo
Instrumental - Trio
Soloist / Vocalist

How many musicians are in your band(s)?

1 - 3

What instruments does your group play?

Cello
Flute
Harp
Piano
Viola
Violin

What services do you provide?

Ceremony Music
Rehearsal Dinner Music
  • Nancy
    Nancy H. Married on 10/02/2021

Music to My Ears

My daughter is very traditional and her vision for her wedding ceremony included classical, timeless music. Barbara and her ensemble (flute, violin and cello) were the perfect touch to our daughter's ceremony. Although I didn't know her prior to this, I was confident early on that Barbara was the right musician for our event. She responded quickly to our emails in the months leading up to the wedding. She arrived early on the day of the wedding (she commuted from Birmingham to Selma and I-65 southbound was riddled with accidents that day) and arrived dressed so beautifully on a hot and humid day in early October (the ceremony took place outside under some large oak trees)! Guests were highly complimentary of the ensemble's performance and our family was very pleased. Music is such an important element in a wedding ceremony and Barbara (and the other two musicians) exceeded our expectations in every way!

Harrington Flutes Birmingham's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was truly our pleasure to provide music for Katherine’s special day!
  • Whitney
    Whitney Married on 09/18/2021

Truly talented duo!

These two added such a classy touch to our special day. We are so grateful!

Harrington Flutes Birmingham's reply:

Thank you Whitney! We enjoyed providing traditional and popular music for your special day! So glad you were able to get married outside and the rain held off!
    Karleigh J. Married on 04/24/2021

Flute & Harpist

Harrington flutes was amazing!!! I sent them a list of songs I wanted for my ceremony and they learned them and played them beautifully! It made my ceremony so much more intimate and special and I couldn’t have asked for better!

Harrington Flutes Birmingham's reply:

Thank you Karleigh! We absolutely loved playing for your wedding. What a lovely venue! We loved your musical selections. Thank you for hiring us!

Pricing

Harrington Flutes Birmingham Price Rates

Team

Barbara  Harrington
Barbara Harrington
Owner

ABOUT ME:

I started playing the flute at age 9 and it has been a huge part of my life ever since! I have performed in Canada, Austria, Hungary, Romania, and the United Kingdom, as well as in over 20 states in the US!

I am passionate about providing my cliets with music that perfectly suits them and the mood and style of their ceremonies. My team and I have decades of experience working in a diverse range of venues and styles of ceremony, from very casual to very formal. We have a diverse range of music selections from classical to pop, encompassing various cultural traditions and styles. We can also learn new music for your event!

Before deciding to run my own music performance and education business, I was a full-time orchestra musician for 10 years. I help positions with various symphony orchestras around the country. These include the Alabama Symphony, St. Louis (MO), Brevard (FL), and Owensboro (KY) Symphonies, and the Evansville (IN) and Orlando Philharmonics. I was a substitute musician with the Indianapolis, Nashville, and Southwest Florida Symphonies.

I currently teach flute at Samford University. I have also served on the Music faculty of University of Montevallo, University of Evansville (IN), and AL School of Fine Arts (Interim), and have presented classes at the University of AL and Auburn University as a guest artist. I have also taught elementary music (2 years) and preschool music (6 years)!

I have 3 Music degrees: a Bachelors in Performance from New England Conservatory of Music, a Masters in Performance from Florida State University, and a Masters in Music Education from UAB. I look forward to privding music for your event!

3518 Conestoga Way Birmingham, AL, 35242
205-266-6125
Location of (Harrington Flutes Birmingham)

Other vendors in Birmingham for your wedding