607 Crossett Hill, Waterbury, VT 05676 Map · Phone number

About Greg Trulson - Officiant

As a Justice of the Peace I work closely with each couple to create a truly personal and memorable ceremony. You will receive samples of ceremonies that I have written to help you start thinking about what should be included in a ceremony. I'll make sure you have the opportunity to provide any input you wish so when your ceremony has been created, the final result will be your personal ceremony. With your input we will develop all the elements from opening introductions to exchange of rings and vows, from poetry readings to expressions of blessings. We will leave out words you do not wish to have said and we will add any words or traditions you wish to include. Since 2001, I have had the privilege of officiating hundreds of ceremonies throughout Vermont. I would be honored to serve as your officiant.

7ea23de888ba9ff0 Screen Shot 2018 01 23 at 2 30 07 PM
First military wedding in the U.S. after Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT)
Not a dry eye in the house.
Not a dry eye in the house.
We're married!

Greg Trulson - Officiant 1
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/01/2019

A perfect ceremony.

Early in our planning process, my husband Mike and I knew that the ceremony was our most important priority - having a script for the day that was custom to us and our lives together that we had built in our partnership, and to reflect on the meaning of our relationship during this most special day. I interviewed several officiants - but knew as soon as I spoke to Greg that he would be the person who married us. Being local to Vermont, we had the opportunity to meet Greg in person beforehand, and he welcomed us into his beautiful lodge, (Side note - Greg and his partner Willie are inn-keepers at an absolutely lux B&B/tree-house lodge!) made us tea, and just chatted with us about our friends, family, pets, and how we could incorporate all of these things into our ceremony. After hiring him, Greg and I worked together during the course of the year to build a custom script. He was responsive, supportive, and more than happy to help craft what would end up being the most authentic representation of our past, present, and hopes for the future. During the wedding weekend, he was incredibly punctual, professional, and charismatic - chatting with our families during the rehearsal and cocktail hour, and winning over the hearts of all of our guests. Our ceremony had rave reviews and there was hardly a dry eye to be seen. I can't recommend Greg's services enough - he is a dream to work with, and we will cherish what he was able to do for us forever!

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Greg Trulson - Officiant 2

Greg Trulson - Officiant's reply:

Thank you Kelsey for the kind words. You and Mike were a pleasure to work with. Wishing you many happy years together. Kind regards, Greg

Allison Fitzpatrick · Married on 08/08/2019

Wonderful officiant!

We were extremely happy to have made Greg a part of our special day! We wanted to do an intimate ceremony—just the two of us with photographers and our officiant—on top of Mount Mansfield and reached out to Greg with some general specifications for our day. One of the biggest pluses for us was that Greg was extremely accommodating and flexible with our schedule and was very friendly to work with as we planned our day. Greg put thought and consideration into crafting our ceremony and welcomed input from the two of us along the way. We travelled to Vermont from Illinois and felt comfortable with the way Greg helped us plan (all the way down to explaining how to obtain a marriage license in VT and taking responsibility to file it for us), that we would be fully prepared when we landed in Vermont, having everything ready to go and no worries about our ceremony. Overall, we can look back on our day with total satisfaction and feel fortunate to have made such a great officiant a part of it all.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Kelly Garvin · Married on 10/04/2018

Charismatic Officiant

He was amazing from beginning to end. He always responded to my emails quickly, was friendly, and he was so charismatic during the ceremony, which I was really hoping for. I have been to so many weddings where thr officiant was dull and boring. Greg is anything but that!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Greg Trulson - Officiant FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? VT