Gentleman's Choice Formal Wear

Omaha, NE View map Visit website

Gentleman’s Choice is a locally owned, family-run formal wear company in Omaha, Nebraska that specializes in tuxedo rentals and suits for purchase. They have more than 30 years of experience and offer an extensive selection of styles and colors. Gentleman’s Choice provides exceptional customer service and ensures your wedding party looks stylish and is perfectly coordinated.

Gentleman’s Choice caters to grooms, groomsmen, ring bearers, and fathers of the couple with tuxedo rentals and suits for purchase. They offer on-site measurements and alterations, and tuxedos are guaranteed one day before your wedding. They also accept measurements from other tailors or tuxedo stores if you or your groomsmen don’t live in the local area. Last-minute fittings and replacements can also be easily accommodated.

What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?

Under $200
$200 - $499

What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?

Under $100
$100 - $199
$200 - $299

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Father of the Bride
Father of the Groom
Groom
Groomsmen
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Rentals

Which of the following items do you offer?

Tuxedo Rentals
Tuxedos

What is your return policy?

Exchanges
Partial Sale
2.8

Jena Married on 09/23/2017
    Lisa the owner is amazing!! We had first looked at Men's Warehouse and Tip Top Tux looking for a navy suit. Tip Top Tux didn't have any navy suits (just navy tuxedos) and Men's Warehouse only had one to choose from and it would cost each of our guys almost $200 to rent it. Thankfully, we went to Gentleman's Choice to look. They probably had over 10 different shades of navy to pick from (plus a huge selection of other suits and tuxedos!). Also for around $200 the guys got to keep the suit jacket, vest, and pants. Gentleman's Choice loans you (for free!!) the ivory/white dress shirt, tie and pocket square (your choice of color to pick from.....so many colors to choose from!) and the choice of brown or black shoes. All of these things Men's Warehouse/Tip Top Tux would charge you extra to rent.

My husband lost a ton of weight (35lbs) from the first time he was measured for the suit to a few days before our wedding. Even at the last minute, my husband realized he needed the next jacket size down, and sadly my Dad had to size down too, and had already picked up that jacket. Lisa called her Lincoln location and offered to drive to Lincoln that day and bring it back to us (at no additional charge!).

We had a lot of struggles with our vendors throughout our wedding process, but Gentleman's Choice was NOT one of them. They are simply amazing, and I'm so glad we checked them out! If you want personalized service and a business that will do anything to help you out, then Gentleman's Choice is for you!

Side note: Our wedding was chosen to be featured in the Wedding Essentials magazine, and I think the men's suits definitely helped land us there!!! Thanks Lisa!!!
    Katie Married on 09/20/2019

Good ideas

Compared to some other formal wear places we went to, this place was below average on professionalism and helpfulness. I felt like we were having to create our own look and the employee was impatient with us while we compared styles. We also had "won" a $500 discount from a bridal show but when we went to apply it, they hiked all the previously quoted prices up so there was no discount at all. When I mentioned that I won the discount they said, "yeah, lots of people won those." Why run a promotion of you aren't going to honor it?
    Rebecca Married on 05/30/2015
    I am so disappointed in Gentleman's Choice. I thought I was doing a good thing for the men in my bridal party, by having them purchase suits that they can use in the future, but I was so wrong.

Problem #1 was the suit fitting. They use a system called "nesting" where they just measure your coat size and a pair of pants is automatically ordered for you. We have a couple of guys that aren't proportioned normally, and their pants were nearly 4 sizes too large when they came in. Pants had to be rush ordered three days before the wedding - talk about stress.

GC made picking up the suits seem like no big deal - they told me to do it the day before! They totally made it seem like they could fix any issues that come up in fitting. However, my fiance picked his suit up a week before and the sleeve was 1/2 and inch too long, they couldn't even do that! We took it into a tailor, with all of the issues with the suit, it cost over $80 to get to looking nice.

The worst one was my dad's. The person who fit his suit must've measure completely wrong, because it was way too big. Then, the nesting meant his pants didn't even stay up. They didn't offer him anything new, like they did for the one groomsman. My dad spent over $80 on tailoring and ended up with pants that didn't have pockets - because they were so big!

Lastly, the night of the wedding, at least five guys had buttons fall off their suits or other issues.

I was so disappointed and, truthfully, embarrassed. I guess GC specializes in rentals, and should probably stick to that. Do NOT go there if you want a quality suit and people that care about the product they sell.

I Choose You Ceremonies I Choose You Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Gentleman's Choice is the place for your suite and tux needs. They have a great variety to choose from and their customer service is top notch!

Cherry On Top Events by Jen Cherry On Top Events by Jen Wedding Planners

Lisa and her team at Gentleman's Choice are wonderful to work with! I've used them in my wedding planning business Cherry On Top Events by Jen, with several clients, as well as for my own personal wedding in July of 2015! We had a large wedding party with 22 tuxedos to order and had zero issues! We even had a groomsmen and usher from out of state and they took care of everything with ease! I very highly recommend!

4232 S. 50th St. Omaha, NE, 68117
Location of (Gentleman's Choice Formal Wear)

Other vendors in Omaha for your wedding