104 E. Broadway St. STE 7, Helena, MT 59601 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 21
  • Deals 1

About Floating Leaf Studios

Nestled in the heart of Big Sky country, Floating Leaf Studios (FLS) specializes in authentic wedding and engagement photography. As the owner and photographer, my absolute favorite part of a wedding is being asked to notice those simple moments, those moments of love, of family, of connection, of expression. Whether your wedding is down an old dirt road, tucked in the woods, or around the globe, FLS would love the chance to share in those simple moments and offer you an experience second to none.

montana sunset wedding 51 754463
kleffner ranch bride 51 754463

• Videos 1

6 Reviews for Floating Leaf Studios

Carden and Jenna · Married on 07/01/2016

My husband and I have always considered ourselves pretty awful at getting our pictures taken. It always seemed forced, uncomfortable or inauthentic in some way... that is until we had Floating Leaf Studios do our engagement and wedding photography. Anyone who has ever met Garrett could tell you that he 100% the most comfortable and genuine person to be around. His demeanor, along with his incredible talent, allowed us to finally enjoy getting our pictures taken. Garrett takes the time to get to know the couple's personalities, interests, and interactions with each other before the wedding. In-turn, this produces wedding photos that not only capture everlasting moments; but also the true character of the couple together. If you are looking for someone that will go way beyond the expected, go no further than Floating Leaf Studios.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Lacey & Andy · Married on 09/12/2015

Choosing Garrett Thompson with Floating Leaf Studios was the best decision my husband and I made during the wedding planning process. From the moment we first met him to discuss our engagement photos, we knew he was our guy! He was absolutely phenomenal to work with! Garrett is personable, funny, creative, spontaneous, hard-working, patient, and always 110% committed to his clients. My husband hates having his photo taken, but Garrett had him smiling and laughing constantly throughout both of our engagement shoots and on our wedding day. He makes you feel like you are just out playing around outside with a camera with an old friend. If you are looking for one-of-a-kind photos, Garrett delivers every single time. And no request or idea is too big a challenge for him. Whether it's scaling a 100-year old fire escape or snowshoeing through 4+ feet of powder in gale force winds, Garrett does what it takes to capture amazing photos. On our wedding day, Garrett and his assistant were by our sides all day long to capture every little moment. He kept everyone calm, focused, and constantly laughing. Garrett is responsible for preserving thousands of precious memories from our special day and he will be our choice to capture all of our special moments in the future, from family/maternity/newborn portraits, etc.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/04/2015

I'm halfway through reviewing my wedding photos right now and I had to stop and write this review. I could not be more happy with the entire experience! Garrett really took the time to get to know me and my fiance and our vision for our wedding. We live on the other side of the country, so we didn't get to meet Garrett in person until our wedding day, and it was as if we had been old friends. Garrett made the entire process effortless and even was able to help wrangle our unruly nieces and nephew who would not sit still. The photos are beyond amazing. The day was overcast and it began raining, yet somehow Garrett was able to capture the vibrant colors and our photos are more than I could have imagined.

The biggest compliment I can give Garrett is that he managed to capture good photos of my new husband. My husband has never taken a decent photo since the day I met him, and Garrett was able to get his charming smile on film (ok, digital, whatever). I can't recommend Floating Leaf Studios enough!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Floating Leaf Studios FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress

1 Wedding Deal & Discount