2305 Hwy 72 W., Jackson, MO 63755 Map · Phone number

About Fancy That Cake

My story is the same story of many people who love to decorate cakes and have decided to try and turn that love into a small home-based business. I simply got tired of buying the plastic-tasting, cookie-cutter cakes offered at the big chain stores’ bakeries. I knew I could bake a better cake, hands-down. But I’ve always been extremely artistic, and so I thought, “Wouldn’t it be cool if I could make a really amazing-looking, unique cake that looked even better than the ones you buy at the big bakeries?” And that was that!

I challenged myself, and being the competitive person I am, I accepted my own challenge. However, I had never done anything more than frost my homemade cakes with frosting from a can. I had no idea where to begin as far as cake decorating. So, I started scouring the Internet for frosting recipes, techniques, tips, tools and ideas. YouTube was (and still is) one of my greatest teachers… there are so many videos out there that show you exactly what to do, and that’s how I learn best. If I can see it, I can do it!

Anyway, my first cake was a My Little Pony cake I made for my oldest daughter’s 4th birthday in 2009. I’ve been decorating cakes ever since, and gaining a little reputation for myself along the way. I’m finally starting to branch out and do cakes for people outside of my immediate circle of family and friends, and it is so very exciting! I’ll probably never be rich and famous, but that’s not what I want! I do want to make a living at decorating fancy cakes because it is definitely one of my passions in life… I simply love turning cake and frosting into custom designed works of art that are as unique and beautiful as the people who have asked me to create them!

Recently, I’ve had the opportunity to try my hand at some three-dimensional (3D) sculpted cakes, which come out looking so cool that even I’m impressed with myself! I’ve done buildings, cars, castles, baby bottoms, guitars, national monuments, characters from movies, along with numerous other sculpted figures and objects that can either be the whole cake or be used as cake toppers or accessories. I’d say I’ve definitely found my niche! You show me a picture of something you love, and I will turn it into a cake!

We are Fancy That Cake … a cake TRULY as unique as you are!

Follow Fancy That Cake on

jon 28
jon 30
jon
Fancy That Cake
Congratulations to Gavin & Jillian on their recent marriage! This 6-tier cake fed at least 300...
frozen ice castle cak
jon 11
jon 12

5 Reviews for Fancy That Cake

Judy · Married on 12/20/2015

This is the 'ULTIMATE", "MOST AWESOME EVER", "ONE & ONLY" WEDDING CAKE (ARTIST) BAKER!! Beyond Breathtaking Beautiful, Original (and totally edible) Special Request Wedding Cakes. So much Talent! You won't look further once you see what is possible at Fancy That Cake.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Would recommend Fancy that Cake to ANYONE looking for a beautiful unique cake that tastes fantastic. Katie was so easy to work with and her work is absolutely phenomenal! She even attended my wedding and reception (invited of course, not crashing)!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2014

The cake was not only beautiful but also delicious! The price was totally reasonable and it's something we will remember forever! I totally recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Fancy That Cake's reply:

Hey Samantha,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for all the kind words! I am so glad to know that you were happy with your cake and with me!
    Katie

Fancy That Cake FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Cutters, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Not Required

• The Wedding Garden
    The Wedding Garden Banquet Halls

We have had several couples choose Fancy That Cake and every single time they have been great to work with. Not only are they professional and kind their cakes are beautiful and delicious!! Their cakes are always something we haven't seen before.

• 2305 Hwy 72 W. Jackson, MO, 63755 See on map