Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City, OK 73170 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos

About Events by OC

Events by OC is a premier event planner servicing the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma region. Owner and Creative Director Orlynda Carter began the company after she discovered her passion for planning in 2012 while planning her own wedding. A fun-loving and social person, she has always enjoyed hosting themed parties and other events for her friends and family, and she is grateful to be able to do the same for many other loving couples! Events by OC is dedicated to creating unforgettable, beautiful events for their clients. Orlynda strives to make couples feel like she is handling their wedding with the same care she would give her own.

Events by OC offers planning for rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions, and they promise to design events that you will remember forever. They offer a variety of services and levels of care and coordination, whether you want them to simply coordinate the day of the wedding so that you can relax and enjoy yourself, or whether you want them to fully plan every last detail. Additionally, they offer:

• Budget analysis

1 User photo

Events by OC 1

Kati Ratliff · Married on 10/05/2013

Great Service!

I got married on 2013 and Orlynda did a wonderful job at coordinating. She attended our rehearsal so we could get a rundown on ceremony/reception timelines and everything was planned perfectly. She had our entire ceremony and reception down to a tee! She even showed up early to help decorate/set up and stayed late to clean up. She helped us cut/serve the cake as well as coordinate where people needed to be for any sort of task. She was very professional and I have to say, she took a lot of stress off of me. I highly recommend Orlynda and don't have a single complaint!

Aaron · Married on 10/21/2018

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

Look Elsewhere

Quality of Service: (2/5) Overall, the quality of service was not very good. The pre wedding coordination and meetings placed my wife and I In a good spot. We believed that the event would be handled efficiently and in an organized manner. All vendors and venues were booked by my wife, so we needed a coordinator to facilitate the wedding flow of events, and assist with setting the wedding up. After the pre-wedding meet-ups, my wife, myself, and Orlynda were all on the same page. We discussed that we needed someone with the ability to delegate, and direct people on where to be, and when to be there. However, on the day of the wedding, none of that happened. In addition to being 5-10 minutes late, there were multiple times throughout the day when Orlynda looked lost, behind the timeline, and unable to delegate tasks to the 7 friends we had helping set everything up.
    Whenever an issue would arise, instead of just handling it, she would present the issue to either myself or my wife, rarely with a solution. Throughout the entirety of the day, there were multiple times when our caterer had to save the day with small issues that popped up. During set up, we had hoped that she would keep us to our very detailed timeline (that we drafted). However, luckily I looked down at my watch, and realized that we had very little time remaining before the wedding to get dressed and ready to go (we set up in work clothes, with the plan to get dressed long before the wedding). During our photo period, Orlynda hung back inside the venue building, while all wedding guests proceeded to the photo area. At one point, one of our good friends realized that she was not doing much, and had to direct friends to complete tasks. Long story short, we needed a bulldog to help us get through this day.
    During all of our pre-wedding meet-ups, she assured us she would be that bull dog. However, when the day finally came, she communicated about as well as a church mouse. Throughout the rest of the day, our family continuously asked what she did, and we had a very hard time answering them.

Responsiveness: (2/5) Orlynda was very responsive to calls and text messages from what I understand. The reason why she was rated a 2/5 is because she was not all that responsive during the actual wedding day. Perhaps she was having an off day, but her communication skills were zero star performance.

Professionalism: (3/5) Orlynda was mostly professional. The only issues we had with professionalism was her being 5-10 minutes late, as well as not solving issues as they came up. Even when she did bring an issue up to us, she did not offer solutions, making things very difficult.

Value: (1/5) I would absolutely never pay for this service again. We paid 250$ for day of coordination. I believe we would have been better off hiring just keeping that money, and doing the whole day of coordination ourselves, or asking a friend to help us out (which unfortunately one of our friends eventually had to).

Flexibility: (1/5) Orlynda was flexible in that she offered to provide a speaker, as well as some decor the day of the wedding. However, like most weddings, timelines tend to shift rapidly. When that happens you need someone who is able to cope with these shifts, as well as adjust and delegate to get back on schedule.

Recommendation:

If you are looking for wedding coordination in the OKC area, I would highly recommend you search elsewhere.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Events by OC's reply:

Aaron, again, I am very sorry you felt this way.
    As I told Rachel and you many times we were on schedule. You had a very small intimate wedding. There wasn’t much to do.
    I was helping with the set up until you frantically 5 minutes before actual time to rehearse said we needed to move. I assured you we were fine but you insisted on that we go ahead and do it.
    You and Rachel had ample time. Rehearsal only took 5 minutes, like I had said it would bc you and Rachel said that you weren’t doing any unity or own vows. It was very short and sweet.
    I also, asked your officiant to make announcements about the Photography and about brunch being served. That is usually what the officiant does, and he agreed too.
    Delegating like my job says to do for you. When you said to me “ He didn’t mention brunch being served and everyone needed to move” I think I stepped up and went to the front and made the announcements.
    I also walked outside afterwards and told everyone where pictures were being done, and then started the clean up.
    I needed not to go where pictures were being done, your photographer was to delegate that proportion bc that’s their job.
    When you and Rachel got back, I told you to go change, I had it handled and not to ruin your good clothes.
    Im sorry you felt dis shoveled on your day, but I was also watching my watch and making sure we were on schedule. When I heard you say to your mom that they had to leave early I turned and said would you be okay with moving up the family photos so your mom isn’t feeling rushed with pictures and you said “Oh that would be great.”

I can not control what the Conservatory does with their AC.
    They told me when I went to ask about the shades that the AC turns off and on by itself and the shades could not be pulled bc they were on an automatic timer. I told you and the photographer this and you just said okay. I can’t make someone just magically turn it on and keep it on at all times.

I also asked you and Rachel to send me photos of your inspiration board of how you wanted it set up and I never got those, I asked Rachel on the day to send me those so she could go get ready and she told me No.
    I tried my hardest to do my best, but I can’t set up how someone wants something when I don’t have photos of how you designed it yourself, to recreate it for you.

You were nervous on Sunday, I had assured you everything was taken care of and nothing else needed to be done.

Once again I am sorry you feel this way, but I think you intimate wedding went just great.

Events by OC FAQ