1214 Eutaw Pl, Blacksburg, VA 21217 Map · Phone number

Other couples have also viewed

valentinewedding9 22 2012 0529website
jnwedding2015aug290064

12 Reviews for Devon Rowland Photography

• Dawn

Dawn F. · Married on 05/26/2021

Devon is an amazing photographer!

This is my second time hiring Devon for photography. She did professional headshots for me earlier this year and last week she photographed my wedding at The Ivy Hotel. Devon is so wonderful . . . an awesome person and photographer. I am in love with our wedding photos and so grateful to have been able to connect with Devon again!

Sent on 06/05/2021
  • Mike

Mike M. · Married on 09/07/2019

Do you want to feel like a complete movie star

Let me open this by telling you that Devon was our very first phone call when we decided to get married. We told her before we told the family, because we wanted to be sure she was available in the rough time frame we were thinking of and planned our date for a date she could make. We’ve been devoted fans of hers through our dance scene, having hired her for events we’ve run and loving the outcome every time. But it’s a completely different experience when you’re the centerpiece of the event.

I can’t say enough good things about Devon. I’m camera shy, have never once taken a good selfie, always feel like I look terrible, forced, awkward, nervous in pictures which is a cycle of doom, because then I do look all those things, you get the idea. So believe me when I tell you: She made me feel like a million bucks all throughout our engagement shoot and all day AND night on the big day itself. In front of her I felt fierce and like a movie star. She’d show me the back of the camera every now and again — IS THAT ME????, I would cry. She works SO FAST, you can’t believe she got the shot, but SHE DID GET THE SHOT. In fact, she got six of them and they’re all killer, no filler. She has a confidence and on top of all of this, she is COMPLETELY chill at all times. Nothing ruffles her feathers, it’s like you’re just hanging out getting coffee except she’s taking complete glamour shots of you. She’s so calm, she’s in complete control, seemingly effortlessly directing you and your people around, and then the product is just spectacular.

Her talent is beyond belief. Everyone I’ve shown the pictures to has said they’re some of the best wedding pictures they’ve ever seen.

Her client management is entirely on point too. She’s fast, thorough, helpful, and COMPLETELY chill at all times. She puts you at ease just as much through email as she does behind the camera. And she’s so fast!! Turnaround time was like lightning both for engagement shoot and the wedding itself. I too work directly with clients for pricey services and she has the exact right stuff there, which I absolutely could not say for several of our other vendors. When you’re in the business too, YOU KNOW.

I cannot recommend Devon highly enough.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Nicholas B. · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Pictures by a Friendly Photography Ninja

tl;dr: Devon is amazing. Hire her.

When we looked at wedding photographers, we wanted someone who had lots of pictures of real (i.e. not conventionally beautiful) people. When you look at a lot of wedding photographers' websites, most of what you see is gorgeous pictures of gorgeous people looking gorgeous. Those are nice, but it's often hard to tell how much is due to the talent of the photographer and how much is just due to the fact that they're highlighting the most attractive people they've ever photographed on a day where the couple spent hours looking as beautiful as possible.

My partner and I are not the most traditionally attractive people. I think she's gorgeous, of course, but she's also a foot shorter than me, and I'm blessed with the jawline of a late-generation Habsburg noble. So we wanted to find a photographer who we knew could make us look as good as possible. We also liked that Devon was LGBTQ-inclusive, which was very important to us. After a video chat, where both of us were totally charmed by Devon, we hired her for our wedding in DC.

About six weeks before our wedding, we learned that my partner's mom was going to have to have surgery, and wasn't going to be able to make it to the wedding. Obviously, both of them were devastated. We decided, on short notice, to have a "pre-wedding" in Boston, with just immediate family and a couple close friends, about 25 people. We emailed Devon to find out if she knew any photographers in Boston. Lo and behold, Devon was free that weekend, and offered to come take pictures for us. It was an amazing help to us to have a photographer, and it meant a ton to my partner and her moms that they have pictures to remember it by.

Not only that, the pictures were amazing. We walked around Beacon Hill for a while, and she got some really great shots of us with the brownstones and the State House. Made us look really good. Then we went to a restaurant in Cambridge, where we took some posed pictures and then had the ceremony and dinner. Again, the shots were amazing, but almost as impressive was how, in a small space that was crowded with people, Devon managed to both get every important moment on film and also seemingly disappear into the walls. She's like a ninja that takes great pictures.

After Boston, she also shot our wedding in DC. Again she took amazing pictures, and again she was completely unobtrusive. She also worked with us for random requests like taking pictures with our cats (some of my favorite pictures) and near the spot where my partner and I met, which was not by the venue, and did a great job wrangling the various family and bridal party members to get the necessary shots in a pretty short amount of time.

Through it all, she was incredibly friendly, fun to work with, and super helpful. It's hard to write a text review of a photographer, but go look at her pictures and they'll tell you everything you need to know about her talent. Hiring Devon was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Devon Rowland Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3400
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Prints

• Whole Heart Studios Wedding Videographers

We had the pleasure of working alongside Devon at a wedding in September of 2017. Devon was awesome to be around and work with. Her willingness to work together (she was the photographer and we were the videographers on this day) and ensure that the couple was well taken care of on both of our ends was amazing. Devon worked with us to ensure that we were able to have time with the couple to get our footage for their film throughout the day without question - even in the rain! We recommend Devon.

• 1214 Eutaw Pl Blacksburg, VA, 21217 See on map
    Location of (Devon Rowland Photography)

Devon Rowland Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Devon Rowland Photography include in the starting price?

Devon Rowland Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• High-Res Images

What photography services does Devon Rowland Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Devon Rowland Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• High-Res Images

What photography styles does Devon Rowland Photography offer?

Devon Rowland Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Devon Rowland Photography offer?

Devon Rowland Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress

What photography materials does Devon Rowland Photography offer for wedding events?

Devon Rowland Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Devon Rowland Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Devon Rowland Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.