1710 Defoor Avenue, NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 50 to 1,000

About Defoor Centre

Escape from the ordinary to our full service art gallery event facility. Located in Midtown West, we are convenient to downtown, 75/85 and 400.

Have your wedding and/or reception surrounded by beautiful artwork in the hexagon-shaped Forum at Defoor Gallery. Originally built as a gospel church, The Forum boasts soaring 30'high ceilings. Interesting architecture makes our historic facility truly one of a kind. We have a variety of galleries in all shapes and sizes. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or an elaborate celebration, the experienced event professionals are at your disposal.

Menus customized to your specifications are prepared on-site by our culinary team. Let us handle the details while you relax and enjoy family and friends. Here you will truly experience the ART of celebration!

Follow Defoor Centre on

AshleyandChad
Ceremonyset1600x398

16 Reviews for Defoor Centre

Dana · Married on 09/20/2014

The Defoor Centre was the last venue we visited on our list when searching for our wedding spot. We loved it from the moment we walked in the door. It just had the perfect feel for our style. We also loved how easy going Michelle (the coordinator) was, and she helped to seal the deal. About midway through our planning process, we were introduced to Kori Shaw, who began to take over the planning and details for our wedding and would take over as our day of coordinator. Kori was equally as knowledgeable and a perfect complement to Michelle and Defoor. The coordinators are very responsive both over the phone and via email and made planning so easy. Kori was very attentive on our wedding day and did everything from coordinating with vendors to pinning on corsages and boutonnieres.

Being an art gallery and event center, there was a lot of decor already included and available for use, and all we had to do was personalize it. Be sure to ask specifics about what is available and included in the space. While visiting the Defoor Centre with my event designer, we found out there were candles, vases, Manzanita branches, candelabras, and décor galore that we could use! The lanterns hanging from the ceiling in the bar and the Encore! Gallery were a very nice touch. We chose the Forum for our ceremony and the Encore! Gallery for the reception, with cocktail hour in the Defoor Cafe and Bar. The "bridal suite" inside the main office was the perfect size for my wedding party (3 ladies), me, and my Mom while getting ready. They brought us refreshments while getting ready and really catered to us very well. The guys (groom, groomsmen, ushers) were also well attended to and were given a large space in which to get ready (Gatsby Room). Oh, and the hors d’oeuvres and reception food were delicious and they did an excellent job with our cake. All we had to do was provide a picture and they made it look exactly like it.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Carmen · Married on 01/19/2014

I can't put into words how happy I am with my wedding and reception held at Defoor Centre. Michelle and Davina have been perfect from the initial tour of the facility to the day of the wedding. They worked with me and my budget to ensure that I had my dream wedding. The food was included in the venue pricing and it was absolutely phenomenal!! The wedding cake was fabulous! My guests are still complimenting us on the taste and quality of the food and wedding cake. They loved the look and service provided by the venue and I will definitely be recommending their location for future events.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Alicia · Married on 04/27/2013

I would like to highly recommend the Defoor Center as a venue for a wedding. It's so nice and classy. From the beginning to end the coordinator Michelle was so accommodating. I didn't really have a vision but Michelle made my wedding day stress free and beautiful beyond what I could have ever imagined. The staff was pleasant and overly accommodating. There were things that I should have done and was supposed to do that Michelle did for me. If I had to choose a venue all over again I wouldn’t change a thing. My family and I were treated like royalty by the staff. My family and friends are still talking about our wedding to this day and I continue to get inquiries and about this venue and again I definitely recommend to all brides and grooms or anyone that would like to have an event.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Award

• Flowers by Impressions
    Flowers by Impressions Wedding Florists

Such a great place for weddings and events! Their staff are very nice and easy to work with! Loved working with them!

• The Moxie Band
    The Moxie Band Wedding Bands

A very cool and funky event space! You must check this place out!

• 1710 Defoor Avenue, NW Atlanta, 30318 See on map