20 Trueworthy Ave, Augusta, ME 04330 Map · Phone number

About Dan Giroux Entertainment Services

Dan Giroux Entertainment Services is a wedding DJ and Entertainment company based out of Augusta, Maine. Founder Dan Giroux has been a mobile DJ in New England for over 30 years, helping couples create the kind of music and entertainment experience they've always dreamed of. Dan uses state-of-the-art equipment and is a proud member of the National Association of Mobile Entertainers and the Maine Disc Jockey Network. With years of experience and a deep love for music, Dan can help you create a wedding event that your guests won’t soon forget.

Dan has a vast music library at his disposal, with genres including country, electronic, hip hop, oldies, pop, R&B/soul, rock, and top 40 music. He’ll also provide microphones, a sound/PA system, and uplighting upon request. Some of the professional DJ and entertainment services Dan Giroux Entertainment Services offers include:

• Consultation

Reception party
Reception party
2005 0901Image0016

7 Reviews for Dan Giroux Entertainment Services

Dan is AWESOME! We highly recommend him to any couple who wants to make sure that their wedding runs smoothly and that the dance floor is packed all night! He is professional, personable, upbeat, and responsive.

We hired Dan for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. When I found out that we needed a special system for our ceremony, I was worried, but Dan put my mind at ease and made sure he had the equipment to make it work. A couple days before the wedding, I thought my head was going to explode from all the worrying…Dan took the time to respond to my frazzled e-mail with a phone call to let me know that everything would be just fine!

Dan paid attention to the requests/preferences we’d given him, but he also demonstrated that he really knew how to read a crowd and how to keep the party going. He played a great mix of songs to keep guests of all ages dancing and having fun. The dance floor was full ALL NIGHT! A fun dance party was one of our top priorities, and Dan delivered 100%. Dan was also a great MC. He was an energetic presence and did a great job getting everyone’s attention and making announcements, but he kept the focus on us.

Dan went above and beyond the traditional DJ role and helped to coordinate entrances, dances, etc. so that everything flowed smoothly. He helped to space out the bridal party during the processional, prepared us for our reception entrances, and checked in with us to make schedule changes to make the evening flow perfectly. We did not hire a wedding coordinator, so it was a huge relief to have Dan making sure everything went smoothly.

Dan was also great about giving advice before the wedding…he provided input on what he thought would work based on his experience, while still making it clear that he would help with whatever we decided. We have nothing but good things to say about Dan. He played a huge role in making sure our wedding was an absolute blast, and we are so grateful!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Dennis · Married on 09/14/2013

After 32 years of being together and finally being able to get married in the State of Maine, my partner and I got married in September (yes this was a same sex wedding/reception). We had been to a couple of functions where Dan was the dj. We had a blast at the functions. We both knew after the 2nd function that if we were ever able to get married, Dan Giroux was the man to provide the entertainment!

From the initial meeting and up to a week before, Dan always answered (whether by a phone call or a text message) any questions regarding the music selection that we had picked out. Even with the 100,000 plus music selection, Dan also made suggestions that I had not thought of.

Since the reception was an afternoon reception, we both had some concerns if people were not going to dance. Well dance they did. Dan got the 2nd floor deck (DiMillo's Floating Restaurant) to rocking! All the guests were dancing and having a great time. We even saw dining patrons even dancing in the restaurant parking lot!

We had a variety of music played at the reception! Moonlight Serenade was played in honor of our parents who are no longer with us; 50's 60's 70's and right through today - Dan never missed a beat! We attended my nephew's wedding where the DJ didn't do squat to get the guests pumped up - 4 hours of country music (but that is want the couple wanted) - I wanted to slit both wrists.

So for the future brides and grooms - do yourself a favor - if you want you and your guest to have a great time - Dan Giroux Entertainment Services is for you!

And for the bridezilla who had a meltdown over one song??? Really????

Thank you Dan for making our day memorable and fun! You are THE BEST!

Sent on 10/21/2013

If you are looking for a fun (hysterical, in fact), upbeat, energetic, get-you-on the dance floor (and keep you there!) kind of DJ, then you have found that in DJ Dan! We first met DJ Dan at a Dunkin' Donuts off of a highway in Maine. I thought it was an interesting meeting spot, but I'm always up for adventure. We sat with Dan for 45 minutes and my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. What kind of DJ spends an hour just getting to know you as a couple? He wants to understand who you are, what mood you are trying to set, and then the obvious like what your favorite tunes are, etc. DJ Dan is not just going to play awesome tunes for your wedding, he is going to work with you to create an atmosphere that is unstoppable. We've had so many people say to us since our wedding, "I've never danced so much at a wedding! That DJ kept tearing the dance floor up." (Also, it was a daytime wedding so that was one of our concerns.) DJ Dan will keep you, your guests, and your family and friends not only entertained, but engaged and wanting more. I HIGHLY recommend DJ Dan.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Dan Giroux Entertainment Services FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 750.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 999.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 200.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40

• 20 Trueworthy Ave Augusta, ME, 04330 See on map