Mesa, AZ 85213 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Curtis Whipple

I love what I do and I'm committed to making your event memorable and fun. I use the latest and most reliable equipment in both sound and lighting combined with my knowledge of the music of the last 50 years to ensure success. The technology makes my job apppear effortless and more importantly, it frees me to entertain and interact with your family and guests.

Please call or write to check availablilty of a date and an informative consultation will be complimentary. Let me put my 31 years of experience to work for you.

~Curtis Whipple

29 Reviews for Curtis Whipple

Diana · Married on 06/25/2016

I wanted to take some time to thank you for making my day so special. I really couldn't have asked for more. Not only was planning the wedding difficult and time consuming but the vendor selection process was also stressful! You never really know how it will turn out; I think that is what makes it stressful.

The weekend before our wedding my husband's niece got married and hired a DJ that I had looked at. He was considerably cheaper and local to the venue but once he was at the wedding it was clear as to why he was cheaper. The mic didn't work and kept cutting out during the ceremony. I almost wanted to jump out of my chair and yell "CUT THE MIC!" 2 weeks after my wedding we attended another wedding where again the DJ had issues with his equipment and the sound was not appealing. He had trouble getting people on the dance floor and played the chicken dance, the cupid shuffle, every song imaginable to get people on the dance floor.

We all have a budget but the saying "you get what you pay for" is true! Experiences such as these make me appreciate so much more the level of professionalism and experience that you brought to our wedding. From you attending the rehearsal day and helping us through it to killing it on the wedding day, you made our day EXTRA special. People still talk about you and how great you were. I cannot thank you enough for coming to Tehachapi to be a part of it. We had so much fun, the music was great, and you were simply amazing.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Curtis Whipple's reply:

It was absolutely my pleasure! Thanks for the kind words.
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 11/14/2015

When we started looking for a DJ for our wedding, we had high expectations because, in our opinion, a DJ will make or break your reception. We found Curtis through our wedding planner and we knew after our first meeting with him that his experience, knowledge of music, and passion for the trade was exactly what we wanted. He was open to ideas but also shared his thoughts on how to turn our ideas from a good one, to a GREAT one!

It's been a month since our wedding and we are still being told by our guests that our DJ was the best DJ they've seen at a wedding! Not to mention, the entire setup and lighting that he provides just adds so much more to the reception. He kept our guests on the dance floor and partying all night long.

We could not be happier with our decision to work with Curtis! Especially after he jumped up on an amp, started playing the guitar, and sang to "Shout"! Doesn't get much better than that! Best. Wedding. Ever.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Curtis Whipple's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! I know you guys had a curve ball with your venue closing a couple of months before your event but I think it was a lovely wedding at the alternate venue and it was a pleasure to dance and shout along with your friends and family- celebrating your wedding.

Curtis really knows what he is doing with music, and even lighting your wedding to perfection! I love music, and Curtis is really great at knowing what you want just based off of a couple of songs that you truly enjoy. He did an amazing job, even with my family and friends that where hard to get on the dance floor. Bonus he is also a really cool guy! Thank you Curtis you Rock!

• Mesa, 85213 See on map