WANT A CATHOLIC WEDDING BUT...
There are many circumstances that may prevent
couples from celebrating a Catholic marriage ceremony.
- Divorce: A previous marriage with no church annulment.
- Arrangements for a ceremony in a location other than a parish church.
- A desire for "neutral ground" in the case of interfaith couples.
- The incompatibility of other Church restrictions with your particular needs.
- Because under Catholic Apostolic Church International jurisdiction, the presiding bishop allows priests to officiate marriage outside of the church's settings. We enjoy less restrictive wedding guidelines. We offer an alternative for couples who would otherwise be compelled to settle for a ceremony that would not be in accord with their Catholic faith tradition. Our deacons and priests are validly ordained by Bishops with valid apostolic succession and, of course, they are legally permitted to officiate at Marriage Ceremonies in the State of Colorado.
CELEBRATE AT THE LOCATION OF YOUR CHOICE.
The clergy of the Catholic Apostolic Church are permitted to celebrate your wedding in any suitable location. Some of the possibilities may include:
• a wedding chapel
• a garden, home, or hotel;
• in a park, aboard a boat, etc.
To respond to special interfaith needs, Father Joseph will officiate jointly with clergy of other denominations.
THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW
- You may be required to complete FOCCUS class. This is a 3 months premarital class before the wedding date, or an official letter certified that you have taken the course from the Premarital Counseling counselor.
- At least one of you must submit a copy of your Catholic Baptismal Certificate/First Communion/Confirmation.
- The presiding Bishop under our jurisdiction permits Wedding Ceremony/Mass outside of the Church. Though, we prefer you to celebrate your wedding at a chapel. You can check out Our Lady of Loretto Heights at Colorado Heights University to rent their beautiful Catholic Chapel.
- Interfaith ceremony is permitted without the approval of the Bishop.
- Suggested stipend for the Wedding is $450.00
- $100.00 non-refundable deposit to hold the date.
- Please obtain your Marriage License from the Court and ready to be signed by the officiant at your wedding day.
- Please feel free to contact Father Joseph (720) 378-8818 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.