195 Ridgewood Ave, Glen Ridge, NJ 07028 Map · Phone number

About St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church

Contemporary Catholics are often searching for a non-judgmental, sacramental experience different from that offered by the institutional church. You may want to have a Catholic wedding but may not be permitted, for various reasons, by the institutional church.

We at St Francis offer you an alternative.

Those entering into second marriages, those experiencing religious differences with the church and others will find openness and acceptance here. We provide marriage services in a compassionate manner. Perhaps you have concerns about perceived barriers? We treat you with the same care Christ gave to all who came to him. We believe that the sacraments of Christ’s Church are meant for everyone and make no distinction with regard to sexual orientation, and welcome our GLBTQ brothers and sisters into full participation into the sacramental life of the Church We W

The choice of location for your wedding is yours. Depending on weather and other factors ceremonies may be held out-of-doors. You may hold your wedding at our chapel, or arrange to use another interdenominational church or chapel. Hotels, banquet halls, private homes, museums and other locales are other options. A wedding consultant or the yellow pages can yield additional suggestions.

• Nanina's in the Park
  • Glen Ridge Country Club
  • Mamma Vittoria Catering
  • Sonesta Hamilton Park Morristown Hotel

3 Reviews for St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church

Lauren · Married on 03/31/2018

Bishop George Lucey did a fantastic job officiating our wedding at the Ryland Inn on 3/31/18. Bishop George & the staff at St. Francis of Assisi were so helpful and kind to us during the planning process. Bishop George met with us a few times to help explain how the ceremony flows and how to prepare for the wedding. The church made it incredibly easy to plan the ceremony by offering a ceremony outline and resources to help choose readings for the ceremony. Most importantly, Bishop George is so lovely, personable, and warm, which really came through to our guests during our ceremony. So many guests raved about our ceremony, thanks to Bishop George. We would highly recommend him and St. Francis of Assisi to any couple looking for their wedding officiant.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Alexandra · Married on 11/09/2013

We couldn't have made a better choice when it came to our officiant. Bishop Lucey is a wonderful person and it shows through every time you speak to him. We actually have a mixed religious background, but our families are predominantly Catholic, and Father Lucey was able to communicate the most beautiful ceremony to my husband and I, and our guests without excluding or even slightly offending anyone. A couple weeks leading up to our wedding I began to get extremely nervous about writing my vows...so I called Father Lucey about 5 days before the big day because I was panicking and needed some advice...and he was just so supportive and calming. I remember getting off the phone and feeling calm, like I could actually sit down and write the words that I would read to my husband on that beautiful day. And I did, and it was perfect! You will not be disappointed by choosing Father Lucey..he is truly a wonderful person!

Sent on 12/27/2013
  • Alisson

Alisson · Married on 11/05/2011

Both my husband and I were so fortunate to get to know Father George Lucey during the planning of our wedding. Having a religious wedding was extremely important to me, but my husband was not comfortable getting married in the Catholic church for many different reasons. When we met Father Lucey we knew that he had to be our officiant. He spoke with us on many occasions and was willing to listen to us and talk to us about almost anything! I have never seen my husband so comfortable with a member of the clergy before. Father Lucey is truly a blessing. He is one of the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. Our ceremony was beautiful and so special to both of us - and we have Father Lucey to thank for that. In fact, we had many of our guests comment on how great he was, which rarely happens at weddings - he was the highlight of the morning! One of the couples that attended our wedding spoke to Father Lucey about using him for their wedding! He is not only a great officiant, but he is a great person as well - inside and out.

Sent on 11/30/2011

• 195 Ridgewood Ave, 195 Ridgewood Ave Glen Ridge, NJ, 07028 See on map
    Location of (St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church)

St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church for wedding events is known for:

• Religious

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church for wedding events?

St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:

• Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church offer?

St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church offers the following types of wedding events:

• Ceremony

What percentage of users recommend St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.