2332 Camino Carlos Rey, Santa Fe, NM 87507 Map · Phone number

About Cakes By Ginene

Welcome to Cakes By Ginene! We are dedicated to providing our clientele with custom, delicious cakes for any and all occasions from weddings and birthdays to graduations and retirement parties. All of our cakes are designed to your specifications and tastes and we can assist in helping you find the cake that best suits your needs. Please enjoy our website and see some of the cakes we have made for previous clients. We serve the Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and surrounding areas. When you are ready, contact us so we can help you get the cake that you have been looking for. We hope to meet with you soon!

tn1200mar50jpg
tn1200mar50jpg
logo
tn1200mar18jpg

2 Reviews for Cakes By Ginene

Leading up to finding Ginene, I wondered where there were not any reviews on her.... We took a chance. We went to 3 cake tastings, 1 place completely forgot about us... another place tried to balance our tasting AND a cash register..... the last place had us tasting 2 day old cupcakes. I was not impressed and frankly, just concerned I'd ever find a cake. Ginene opened her cupcake shop on a Sunday just to fit our travel schedule (I was planning from out of state) and gave us a platter of cakes to taste all with different fillings. I made my decision on the spot.

Ginene did 2 cakes for me.... the rehearsal dinner cake and my wedding cake. My groom loves Syracuse and peanut butter so I ordered surprise groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner which she made beautifully into a syracuse "S" and had the mascott sitting on top. It was perfect! The cake was amazing.... visually stunning and tasted like a reece's peanut butter cup! My wedding cake was just as good. Visually beautiful and tasted great too. We had ton's of compliments on our cake. I highly recommend Ginene.

Sent on 09/22/2012

Anye · Married on 06/30/2013

2.0

Ginene is a very nice lady and her cakes taste great. We tasted several flavors and ended up deciding on one tier of chocolate w/ raspberry filling and one tier of vanilla w/ almond filling with a fondant frosting. The cake was very pretty and tasted great, even the fondant was better than other fondants I've had. There were no snafus on the wedding day, the cake was magically delivered to the site and I didn't hear a peep of problems from the event coordinators on that score.

Mine was a destination wedding and she was recommended to me by the wedding site event director while we were in town, I sent her an email to see if by chance she could do a tasting the next day before we left town and she got back to me right away on that, we held the tasting at a local bridal shop, it worked out very well. I think she bakes out of her home, so you'd have to make an appointment.

Really my only issue, and this may be a big one or a small one for you depending on how high stress a bride you are, is that after that initial speedy response, she was not very easy to get ahold of when I had questions or needed to talk to her about something. There were several times where emails / voicemails went unanswered for weeks. She said she was having trouble with her phone, and that might be true, but it was the biggest vendor-related stress I had for my wedding planning. I believe she has a "day job" and that might be part of the issue but really, when you run a business you need to return customer calls/emails within a couple days.

I didn't price out other cake vendors so can't compare, but to give you an idea on what to expect, my two-tier, 50 person cake was a little under $350. (We had a lot fewer than 50 guests so we had lots of cake to take home, yay!)

Sent on 07/21/2013

Cakes By Ginene FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup