Des Moines, IA 50310 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Boesen The Florist

Boesen the Florist has a long history of providing exceptional floral design and superior service to our customers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Ankeny, and the surrounding areas. Our flower shop opened in 1923 and is currently run by the third generation of our family. We have evolved from a small shop on Beaver Avenue to a large 60,000 square feet design facility with seven greenhouses, a distribution center, and retail space.

Our flower shop was a founding member of the Iowa Society of Florists and Growers and we have remained at the forefront of our industry with innovative design and presentation. Boesen's has been named among the top 25 florists in the U.S. by major floral wire services, has been named "Best Place in Des Moines to Buy Flowers" and received the Better Business Bureau's Integrity Award.

We have continued to implement emerging technologies over the years, including the most advanced online order system. In addition to using technology for ordering, we use the latest technology to ensure the freshest flowers. We utilize CO2 technology in our coolers to enhance refrigeration, control bacteria growth, and ethylene displacement to maximize the lifespan and freshness of the flowers.

Whether you need wedding flowers or flower delivery in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Ankeny, or the surrounding areas, Boesen the Florist provides gorgeous bouquets and flora arrangements to suit your needs. Please browse our floral arrangements and bouquets on our website or visit our location to browse our entire selection of roses and many other breathtaking flowers from farms throughout the world.

Follow Boesen The Florist on

21 Reviews for Boesen The Florist

1 User photo

Boesen The Florist 1

Amanda · Married on 07/28/2018

Jane was great to work with! She created gorgeous, full greenery bouquets and centerpieces for my wedding. I’m not a big floral person and love the organic, fresh look of greenery. Very responsive and patient with me throughout the entire process. I had a couple changes to make upon picking up my bouquets and arrangements, and she was very willing to make changes to ensure my vision came to life.

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Boesen The Florist 2

Chelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Tom and his staff went above and beyond to make our day perfect! They are so good at what they do! We couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Danielle · Married on 08/06/2016

I could not be happier with the flowers that I received on my wedding day! When I went in to meet with the florist I had just a few pictures that I had pulled from the internet with some things that I liked. I didn't want to spend too much on flowers as we were trying to stay small on the budget. I told the florist that I didn't have a preference on flowers that were used but that I did like calla lilies. She did a beautiful job creating all of the bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages.

Sent on 08/18/2016