1297 Bishops Lodge Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501 Map · Phone number

About Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa

The Gull Lake Inn "Lodge" Clubhouse is a beautiful log cabin setting, overlooking the golf course (9th hole). It is also where our guests can start your day with a generous and complementary continental breakfast. Plenty of sweet rolls, bagels, and fresh fruit to choose from, as well as orange juice, coffee & tea.

The south doorway leads into a beautiful patio filled with comfortable seating and surrounded with stone walls and glass block lighting. The lighting on the patio provides a soft but well lit atmosphere to take in the evening.

Follow the stepping stones from the patio to a fire pit that is lit and maintained every evening for our guests. And a few more steps from fire pit, and you’ll be impressed with our complementary grilling station - completely set up for all your grilling needs. Utensils, grills, counter tops with cutting boards, hot and cold running water - and well-lit at night so you can enjoy and keep your own schedule. The grill station overlooks the 9th hole and fairway, all surrounded by greenery and flowers, setting the scene for you to visit and catch up with old friends and family.

We built these areas, following the ideas and suggestions of our guests and friends. Join us and experience the friendships and fellowship our property has to offer.

Lodge Rental

Our lodge is available for rental, for weddings and receptions, graduation parties, anything that requires a beautiful and comfortable indoor setting. And all our outdoor amenities are included as well, enjoy our fire pit, grilling station and patio. Our rental rates are below - please contact us to reserve the Lodge for your next occasion!

Follow Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa on

Couple dancing
Couple dancing
nicklaurencourtyard
Wedding recession
sarah and leo main lodge
sarh in pavilion
Table setting with tall floral centerpiece
Table setting with tall floral centerpiece
Marquee reception setting
Marquee reception setting
gabbyandgrantgazebo2

3 Reviews for Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa

Stefanie · Married on 06/28/2010

Absolutely amazing! I organized everything through them from a distance, through emails and phone calls. It was so easy; I don’t know why people complain that wedding planning is difficult. The wedding and reception were beautiful. My wedding was supposed to be outside at the gazebo, but due to rain it had to be moved inside at the last minute. The transition was super easy, and everything was just as beautiful. It was the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 07/21/2010

Anye · Married on 06/30/2013

For those of you considering having a wedding here, I highly recommend it; the event director Kristina is very organized and capable and she helped keep the stress levels from having a destination wedding at a manageable level. The gazebo is a beautiful location for a ceremony and there are several rooms and outdoor spaces appropriate for a reception. Our ceremony went off without a hitch. We were going to have our reception outdoors but it started raining on the reception so they moved us inside, they put up a wall in the Tesuque Ballroom to section off a smaller room with a pretty fireplace for the reception, it was very pretty even at the last minute. The move could have been a little smoother, but I'll cut them some slack. We took a little longer with the photography than we were supposed to so we weren't right there to take charge of decisions.

Really my advice would be to hire a coordinator, even if you think you don't need one, otherwise the banquet captains will be coming to you for instructions. Even though they will have a timeline for events, they seem to want confirmation on everything rather than just bringing stuff out. Since most people don't want to be dealing with this at their reception (I didn't!) a coordinator really is a must. I'm not dinging them for this though as they do tell you that they do not coordinate for you so it's not a surprise, though I figured they'd just plow through the timeline we gave them rather than asking me at each step what we wanted to do. But as I said I think in our case a lot of it was our fault for being late back from photography and also just confusion from the rain.

As far as value goes, it really depends on your budget and priorities. It is not a cheap venue overall, but it's one of the prettiest around and that's worth something to me. The food is definitely not cheap but it is good, even at the cheapest price tier we used. Extras like A/V support, lighting may get you so plan for it.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Anye! We loved hosting you - Congratulations once again!

Stacy · Married on 10/16/2010

2.8
      1.0
      3.0

Bishop's Lodge is absolutely beautiful. My wedding itself was gorgeous with the changing leaves and flowers spread over the entire grounds and the weather was perfect for an outdoor wedding. The wedding itself was great. The wedding coordinator was helpful especially toward the end. My only thing was I wished she'd been more detailed about exactly what she would do and what I was expected to do. More direction at the rehearsal maybe. She was great in all other aspects. I loved her. Their food was spectacular both prior to and at the wedding. THe rooms themselves are very nice but I don't recommend their bottom of the line rooms.

HOWEVER, if you get a room block for you and your guests, beware. Not one thing they told me was done correctly. We went to see rooms and were supposed to sign a contract and no one had any idea about it. The person in charge of the room blocks was NEVER available and multiple others were poor at best at returning phone calls. After we were told our block was ready and told guests they could call, no one could find our room block, we didn't get our link for the block for like a month, guests had to tell me our block was full and needed more rooms when we were supposed to get an email telling us this. My MOH was double charged and instead of taking the charge off was argued with about it and told she had to send them her CC statement for them to remove it. Then couldn't get a call back. At our free couples massage, I wasn't able to get the last spa appointment of the day because we were 'with a group BLOCk' (which still makes no sense to me) and instead of telling me this to begin with was just lied to. They were supposed to book us the entire sunset lodge so we could be a little rowdy and they didn't. THen when I spoke to the manager with all this stuff, I got no discount except an offer for him to buy us dinner - which I then had to go insist that I get as no one knew about it. The communication in the lodge is atrocious. None of it was horrible but after many mistakes I don't think it was worth having my wedding there. If it's only your wedding I recommend it, but if your guests are staying there - I recommend finding somewhere else. It's really too bad because this place has such awesome potential.

Sent on 11/16/2010

Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Farm/Ranch
    Historic Building
    Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Lighting / Sound
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Outside Cake
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Shuttle

• 1297 Bishops Lodge Rd Santa Fe, NM, 87501 See on map
    8004190492 (Phone number)
    5059836377 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa)