Bill Wood

Upland, CA View map
4.3
  • Brittany and James
    Brittany A. Married on 05/10/2014
    Bill was awesome!! I asked him to be our officiant and he sent me a whole booklet on choosng wedding vows, introdutcions, ceremonies, ring exchanges everything!!
    It made it so easy to put together our ceremony and it was perfect! We decided to have a very short simple ceremony and Bill helped us through it all!!
    Kathleen Married on 01/07/2012
    He did what he came to do and that was it. No more, no less. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing, tho.
  • Jeremy and Alysha Cooks
    Jeremy A. Married on 12/19/2014
    We originally had a family friend that was going to officiate our wedding but something came up and he was unable to do so.

With that, we reached out to our venue to see what they had to offer and Bill Wood was the guy. Personally, I could have thought of other things I would have liked to have done with the $400 it cost us but instead of fighting it and trying to come up with other ways to spend that money with our venue, we just went with it.

Bill is a very nice man! He responds to calls or emails very quickly, he answers all the questions you can imagine having, and he's very helpful even days after your wedding if you have questions.

For the amount we paid though, I would have expected a bit more. He was nice enough to send in our marriage license so that was a plus that we didn't have to worry about it but I've heard that the married couple typically get a cute little "fake" one to frame and hang up if they'd like? We didn't get anything like that. That explains one of the star deduction.

The other reason Bill did not get 5 stars was because I suddenly became Ashley. My name is Alysha (pronounce Aleesha) Talking over the phone with Bill, he said my name correctly, talking to him moments before the ceremony, he said my name correctly. He even said it correctly once during the ceremony but the rest of the time I was Ashley. My husband corrected him, my mom corrected, then by the 3rd time our entire group corrected him. Its kind of a running joke with our family now but its somewhat annoying especially with how much money we put out. A bit over priced for just a simple, read from a paper, 30-45 minutes of standing there.

Everyone kept telling me if you put out good money for an officiant, they'll make your ceremony memorable... I guess its true. Just wish it wasn't at that price.

Upland, 91784