24 Dewey St, Montpelier, VT 05602 Map · Phone number
· Visit website

About Art of the Wedding Event by Hope Sharp

Having an artist paint live adds a joyful element of entertainment and elegance to a wedding, and I’ve discovered that couples and their families are thrilled with the results, something to hold onto for generations to come.

Before I paint at a wedding, the client and I choose the subject matter. Shall I paint the first dance, ceremony, head table, frolicking children, something else, or all of it? Inevitably though, the real inspiration for my paintings happens the moment I arrive. Sunlight falling on the couple’s faces as they say their vows, a bride’s gown billowing in the breeze, a groom's black tuxedo framed by lush purple orchids--I look for these moments to reveal and preserve on the painted canvas.

In addition to painting at weddings, I’ve just spent this past year and a half observing dancers and painting them live in the studio. I’ve been studying the figure for 30 years, hold a BFA, MFA, and have work in private collections throughout the world.

If what I’ve shared sounds exciting and interesting to you, feel free to call or email and check out my website: Art of the Wedding Event.com. I look forward to talking to you!

Follow Art of the Wedding Event by Hope Sharp on
Camille and BrettLive Painting of First Dance
edda751f19ad7954 Zion and Logan 1

2 Reviews for Art of the Wedding Event by Hope Sharp

Beth · Married on 07/01/2017

We were (and still remain) completely delighted with Hope and her beautiful work. Her presence and mastery of her talent was stunning to observe, and remains one of my favorite features of our daughter's wedding. Although she was purposefully off to the side, our guests could observe her throughout the evening. We were repeatedly told how intriguing, beautiful, and unique an experience Hope provided, as she engaged in the celebration in this way.

Presently, having two paintings of the event, I feel the wisdom of this investment in an even deeper way. Although we had wonderful photographers, Hope's paintings will be likely be the things that get treasured even more, and handed down through generations. Even now, the painting of 'First Dance as a Married Couple' is the first thing my Son-in-law shows people who come to visit their home, and he refers to it as "my favorite gift". We have it's sister painting (of our other two daughters, dancing with a niece) displayed in our home, and I find myself saying much the same thing.

What can't be communicated in photographs of the paintings themselves, although Hope's others, showcased on her website, are every bit as beautiful as the ones we own, is the beauty of Hope's very presence. She has a way of subtly moving onto the scene and becoming a part of the evolving Art. Poised and with grace, not detracting from The Bride and Groom in any way, she is obviously in love with the work, all the while. I sincerely believe you will fall in love with her work, as well.

Sent on 03/23/2018