Andreas Markakis Photography

Athens, Greece View map
$2,505 Most Popular Price

$2,505 Most Popular Price

Born in the States from Greek parents, and ever since my childhood I was blessed to breathe the atmosphere of three inspiring cultures: American, Cretan and that of the picturesque village of Plomari on the island of Lesvos.

During different periods of my life, I had a chance to live in the places such as Fairfield, Connecticut, Plomari on Lesvos, San Luis Obispo in California and now permanently Chania on Crete.

All those places and their people inspired me and left a significant mark on my vision of the world. They helped me to precise what type of lifestyle I would like to follow and how I could introduce it to the others. Photography entered into my life more than twenty years ago and it never abandoned me while I was developing a comprehension of simplicity and the importance of light in our lives.

I have always been an outdoor person. Climbing mountains, Para-gliding, Scuba-diving, sailing, running short and long distances, and even cycling professionally for many years around the world.

This involved a lot of travelling and lots of unforgettable images through my head. Everything in my life simple blending together and being captured by my cameras resulting in the outcome you can see now.

Residing in Chania on the island of Crete in Greece, allows me to bring into my photography the most precious element of my images, natural light coming through the blue skies and resonating from the beloved Mediterranean sea. I am a lifestyle photographer capturing images of people and their special moments. I have the privilege of photographing couples, families as well as individuals on the photo journey around places that always make their stay in Greece a unique lifetime experience. I am and I have always been faithful to my Greek-American background. I have been lucky to live around places that taught me what quality of life means.

Interacting with people is the most important part of my work.Understanding what each person or group of people want so that I can adapt my style of shooting accordingly. My love for breathtaking locations led me to photography of travelling, and exceptional angles of hotels and villas.

Actively being athletic still remains a necessity in my life and is the catalyst to a clear mind that produces fresh imagery.

Most of my photo sessions take place in the Western part of Crete, but I am always excited to be commissioned, anywhere else in the world.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

1,302.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,505

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Engagement Shoot
Albums

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Slideshow
Toning

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Digital Files
Prints
Save the Date

• Saskia
    Saskia S. Married on 03/21/2022

Andreas is truly the most amazing photographer we could have hoped for!

The photographs and videos Andreas took on our wedding day turned out to be so beautiful! He is a highly talented and very professional and the images exceeded our expectations. His work reflects the true feelings and mood of the day. We felt so natural and at ease in front of his camera!
    We shared the wedding movie and photographs with our family that wasn’t able to come to Crete and they too we’re absolutely blown away by his work and expressed how special the video and photos are to them and how grateful they are to see such a beautifully curated version of our wedding day!
    He went an extra mile with both our wedding day and post-wedding photo session which we are forever grateful for!
    We can recommend him 100%.
  • Joanna
    Joanna H. Married on 02/08/2021

All smiles!

If you want a professional photographer, look no further than Andreas and his team. They made our experience more than just a picture perfect moment. Outside of the great photos we receive on our special day, he ensured that there was comfort, freedom and smiles to give us that extra experience. Andreas went above and beyond what he needed to do. You make sure that you will see him run from one side to the other of the room to not miss that special dance, tears or laughter. He contributed to that great feeling that Crete gave us during our big day.

Andreas Markakis Photography's reply:

Joanna & Mike. Thank you very much for this nice review :) Wishing you once again a beautiful and healthy life together.
  • Jojo
    Jojo Married on 09/25/2019

You are the best!

Early reviews have said it all. I don't even know where to begin.

I was very specific about our timeline, we preferred to have our ceremony during sunset at Balos. And man, oh man! he gave us 2 options and work with our schedule.
    I will never forget what he told us after the ceremony "Get ready guys, I am gonna go ballistic on you in a few minutes". That "sunset window" is very little and he sure did go nuts taking our photos. EVERYTHING WAS BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS! Can't wait to print them all, keep them safe in a photo album old school days.

Thank you for everything!

Love,
    Jo Mae and Greg of Food and Footprints

Andreas Markakis Photography's reply:

Blushing now.!!
    What a beautiful review you guys!
    Thank you for taking the time to express your experience.
    Hope to see you again when we visit NYC.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

98 photos · 07/06/2018

Profiti Ilia 71, Chania Crete Athens, Greece, GR 73100
0030-6977399403

Only by apointment
Location of (Andreas Markakis Photography)

Other vendors in Greece for your wedding