WeddingWire Community Guidelines
Updated: September 23, 2012
WeddingWire Community ("Community") is a community think-tank for people to share, connect and seek advice on a
wide range of topics, from the serious to the irresistibly trivial. The WeddingWire Community strives to make
the community a safe and enriching place by encouraging our members to conduct themselves with a high degree of
integrity, decency, and respect. Your use of Community is subject to these Community Guidelines. We reserve the
right to modify these guidelines at any time by posting updates.
WeddingWire is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason,
children under the age of 18 are prohibited from accessing Community.
Response to Violations
WeddingWire does not edit the content of questions, answers, or comments in the Community. However, we reserve
the right to remove content that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be inappropriate and/or in violation
level of offense, you may risk deactivation of your WeddingWire account. If you are unsure whether your content
is appropriate or consistent with these policies, please err on the side of caution and do not post it in
Content & Usage
Community is a place where the wedding community (engaged or newlyweds or vendors/industry experts) can easily
share facts, opinions and personal experiences to help others. It is up to each member of Community to maintain
the integrity of the community's content. When posting content, please follow these rules:
- YOU MAY NOT POST CONTENT (or links to content, including photos):
- to exploit, solicit, or harm minors.
- that is violent, racist, incendiary, or otherwise objectionable.
- that is abusive, threatening, slanderous, or belligerent against any individual or groups of
individuals for any reason.
- that violates federal, state or local or any other law.
- that contains profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit language.
- that glorifies self-harm, suicide, anorexia, bulimia, or any other practice that is clearly
unhealthy or harmful.
- for commercial or advertising purposes, including classified ads.
- to post personal ads or your own or others' personal information.
- that violates the Community Guidelines, the WeddingWire Privacy
FORUMS: For users who have both a Wedding and a Pro account - you will only be permitted to post
on the forums through your Pro Account, this includes all Wedding Forum discussions which are open
to Vendors. WeddingWire reserves the right to remove any individual who posts through multiple
accounts, as determined in WeddingWire's sole discretion.
- MAINTAIN THE FORMAT: This is a community comprised with Links, Questions and Discussions, so please keep
postings to these format. As such, please try to keep your postings brief and to the point.
Public Information: As a participant in the Community, Your posts will be publicly available on the
Internet. You hereby acknowledge that your posts may be indexed by search engines (eg, Google, Yahoo,
MSN, etc). WeddingWire does not have direct control over this process. WeddingWire will not have any
obligation under this Community Guideline with respect to information you voluntarily provide to other
Users via the Site.
- NO CHATTING OR PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS: You may meet friends or other interesting people on Community
with whom you'd like to engage in personal correspondence. If so, please connect with them through
WeddingWire private messages rather than use Community itself. Questions that are chatty, or attempts to
engage others in personal communications, may be removed. Some examples of questions that do not comply
with the Community Guidelines are below. These are just a few examples, and we reserve the right to
change, remove, or add to the list at any time, without notice:
- How are you?
- Anyone want to chat?
- What's your name?
- How old are you?
- Do you like my avatar?
- What time is it?
- Who here likes salmon?
- How many points do you have?
- Who likes Nick Lachey?
- NO POINT-GAMING: You may not post content for the explicit purpose of gaining points, trading points, or
soliciting others for points or otherwise "game" or otherwise trick the Community points
system. Furthermore, you may not use any other mechanism to “game” or otherwise trick
the Community points system.
- ONE PROFILE PER MEMBER: Please do not create more than one profile. Members who use different profiles
to ask and answer their own questions risk having their accounts deactivated.
- NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY: You may not post URLs for the purpose of directing commercial activity to a
- NO REPEATED POSTINGS: You may not post similar or identical postings. This also applies if you are
including the same commercial URL on all of your postings for the purpose of directing commercial
activity to a non-WeddingWire site. Multiple identical postings, even if legitimate, may be considered
- ENGLISH AS THE PREFERED LANGUAGE: Please do not use other languages or symbols. Also, spelling and
grammar count! Be sure to check your spelling and grammar.
- CATEGORIZATION: Categorize your postings in the appropriate category. WeddingWire reserves the right to
re-categorize or delete items it determines to be categorized incorrectly.
- REPORTING ABUSE: You may not use the "Flag As Inappropriate" link for purposes other than reporting a
WeddingWire reserves the right to deactivate any WeddingWire account that is abusing the "Flag as
- NO HACKING: You may not promote or redirect traffic to a non-WeddingWire site, post links to sites that
force the download of a virus, spyware, programs, or other content, or in any other way interfere with
the operation of Community.
- NO PASSWORD TRADING: You may not post content with the intent of trading passwords, product decryption
programs, or any other programs.
- NO FRAUD: You may not falsely claim credentials or expertise that you do not possess, or impersonate
another user. Furthermore you agree to not impersonate any person or communicate under a false
name or a name you are not entitled or authorized to use.
- RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAW: You may not post content that infringes the intellectual property, privacy or
other rights of third parties.
- CONTENT LICENSE: If you post content or submit content to Community you grant WeddingWire and its
affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub licensable right and
license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative
works from and otherwise use all such content as if it were the full owner thereof. You will
defend and indemnify WeddingWire and its affiliates from any claims resulting from any content or
materials you provide hereunder.
- LIMIT OF WARRANTY: WeddingWire does not endorse or verify or guarantee the validity of any of the
content on the Community. THE CONTENT ON COMMUNITY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY
KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WEDDINGWIRE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT OR
MATERIALS POSTED ON COMMUNITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE LAW,
WEDDINGWIRE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF