Zukas Hilltop Barn

Zukas Hilltop Barn

Private banquet facility. Zukas Hilltop Barn provides attention to every detail of your wedding.

89 Smithville Rd
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new husband and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day at Zukas Hilltop Barn. The location is gorgeous inside and out and is exactly what we were hoping to find during our search for a venue. Alyson, the onsite coordinator is great and did an amazing job helping all the details come together. The food is fantastic and we kept getting compliments from our guests about how delicious and beautiful everything was :-)

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Zukas Hilltop Barn was the perfect venue for our wedding! Everything was amazing; from Alyson, our wedding coordinator, helping us become familiar with all of our choices, to the linens, decor, and service throughout the entire wedding. We had a fantastic time, and Zukas was the perfect venue!

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
Justin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance and I got married here on 10.17.14 and couldn't be happier with our decision. Zukas Hilltop Barn is the most beautiful wedding venue (as confirmed by our guests) in Massachusetts. We got married during peak fall foliage overlooking the rolling hills and took advantage of the breathtaking scenery. Then, we enjoyed an amazing dinner and epic reception in their beautiful tent!

Alyson, the wedding coordinator, was so incredibly helpful. She is wonderful, and goes above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly, down to minor details.

Above and beyond how perfect this venue is, it's also the best value in Massachusetts. It's actually AFFORDABLE believe it or not.

A++ for Zukas! We had the wedding of our dreams!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place is GORGEOUS!! Our wedding exceeded all expectations, and we set the bar very high. Alyson was spectacular from start to finish. I highly reccomennd!!!

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the most amazing experience at Zukas! I would honestly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The staff was very friendly and helpful and they did everything they could to make our day special. If I could do my wedding over again, I would still choose Zukas!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything on the day of, and the many days leading up to, our big day on 8/20/14 was perfect at Zukas Hilltop Barn! Alyson coordinated everything flawlessly and always responded to our emails quickly and with a calming tone ;-) The grounds at Zukas are absolutely GORGEOUS – which really saved on floral costs as there are hanging flowers everywhere – and white so it matches with everything and looks very beautiful. The owners, Lynn & Peter were awesome too – Lynn is the chef and when you are both the owner and the chef- you know the food is going to be good! The food was amazing – everyone said it was the best food they had at a wedding. We gave choices to our guests of beef tenderloin (we held the peppercorn) and chicken with a cranberry herb spread. We had the ice punch bowl and it was a great touch! Everything from initial meeting, to consutation meeting 6 months before, to the week of and day after with helping us load up our car was awesome. We worked with Arthur & Arlene Tatro for our Justice of the Peace – they live right near Zukas, know the place inside and out, are incredibly detail oriented, friendly, and personable and they really made the day and ceremony so incredibly special! We stayed at the Bridal Suite that night and HIGHLY recommend this. We debated back and forth because we also wanted to spend time with guests who stayed at the Comfort Inn in Spencer – but staying at the Bridal Suite was perfect. We got to be alone and talk about the day and it really helped the whole day sink in! They made an adorable breakfast basket for us to have the next morning with breads and cereal and fruit – amazing! Our rustic elegant wedding that was dreamed up in our heads and pintrest came alive on a perfect magical day thanks to Zukas and their staff! SO happy – for any questions feel free to email! Lvanluling@gmail.com

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Zukas is a magical place, and we are still hearing from guests how it was one of the best weddings they've ever been to, if not the best (including their own...) Here's why:
1. The actual venue is breathtaking. Rolling hills, twinkly tent, vegetable gardens, chickens (!), wooden fences, flowering dreamy meadows, a black and white dance floor, a spacious cocktail hour room with a big wooden bar, beams, fire pit, stone fireplace, and comfy couches. I imagine it is a photographer's dream. The place is gorgeous. You have the whole place to yourself and you feel like you're in another world even though it is outside of Worcester. And it's cost-effective!
2. The food is incredible! I still have guests talking about the cake. My sister-in-law made up a dance in honor of the cake to "Just Can't Get Enough." Each part of the meal was beautiful and tasty, and we loved the sorbet to "cleanse the palate" that was served before the entree. The food is fresh and yummy, and some is grown right on site. This venue is very environmentally friendly, as you can read about on the website.
3. Alyson is a miracle worker. She really cares. She kept us on track, answered emails faster than I think is humanly possible, is incredibly organized and not overwhelming, and such a kind, welcoming presence. When we were leaving the venue the next day (we stayed overnight in their incredible honeymoon suite), she met us outside to return all the things we forgot the night before (whoops!) We did our own decor and she set everything up perfectly! Thank you, Alyson!! Zukas can never lose her since she is one of the best parts of our experience! We also had a great time at the tasting with Alyson. Many couples were there, and there was music, a champagne fountain, drinks, every food option (so clever - like the edible spoons!), decor, etc. It was very helpful.
We are so grateful to Zukas to providing us a gorgeous, surreal, stress-free, EASY wedding process and wedding day. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Zukas is an amazing venue! Alyson is absolutely the most wonderful person to help plan a wedding, as she is attentive and detail orientated and has the best personality for this job! Not knowing step one about planning a large wedding, it was actually very easy with Alyson's help. The gorgeous venue itself is a photographer's dream (at least that's what ours said as she had never been there being from Sudbury, MA)! It's been two weeks since our wedding and people are still raving about the food!! From the cocktail hour to the entrees to the phenomenal dessert bar every morsel was absolutely outstanding! Zukas is by far one of the best places in this area to have an unforgettable wedding day! Top notch all around from day one!!

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Zukas Hilltop Barn in my opinion is the only place to have a wedding. We have been to a few weddings here, and when we started out planning we did not look anywhere else! The venue is beautiful, the ceremony gazebo, wedding tent, fire pit were perfect! They had just finished bailing hay in the field which gave another amazing backdrop. Alyson was a dream to work with. She made every step of the planning virtually stress free. Many of our guests said it was the best food they have had at a wedding, and I would definitely agree. Zukas gave us the perfect wedding, and memories for the rest of our lives!!

Thank you!!!!
Doug & Jess

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Doug
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Zukas is AMAZING. Alyson might be the most helpful and calming person on the planet. She really goes above and beyond to do her job. My photographer (Kan Photography) has shot a lot of weddings there and says that she is the best venue wedding coordinator he has ever worked with. At one point while we were doing our photographs before the wedding, I looked up to see her SPRINTING towards me; I guess one of our guests had called the venue to find out details about when our bus leaves.

All of the food at Zukas was delicious and the venue itself is absolutely stunning in the spring. I really like that they have their own flowers hanging on the edge of the tent and the little Christmas lights strung up. The tent is amazing and the view from the hill is stunning. There are so many great places to take gorgeous photos and the bridal suite is to die for.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ron and I could not have picked a better place to hold our wedding! We were so pleased with the venue, the food, and the exceptional service. Alyson was incredibly helpful and flexible! Thank you everyone at Zukas!!! :-D

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I always thought I'd get married in the city but when my mother took me to Zukas which is about a 10 min drive from where I grew up I knew immediately I wanted to get married there. The venue is so unique and breathtaking. I live across the country so planning a wedding was quite stressful at times but Alyson, the wedding coordinator, was such a tremendous help and always so responsive! Our guests raved about the property itself, the food, and the service. I can't thank the whole team at Zukas enough. It was a perfect day!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely flawless work from Alyson from the first day we met her. Responded to emails efficiently and day of the wedding went better than we could have ever imagined. All the details were perfect and there was nothing left for us to do but enjoy our big day!! Thank you!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough about Zukas Hilltop Barn and about Alyson Russo, the Zukas events coordinator! We visited many venues and chose Zukas not only for its obvious beauty, but also because we immediately felt at ease with Alyson's professionalism, friendliness, and her willingness to work with us. She was remarkable, from start to finish - promptly responding to all of my emails, and addressing any concerns and questions I had throughout the planning process quickly and accurately.

Zukas requests that you drop off all of your decorations, favors, etc. a few days before the wedding date, and then they set it up for you. I was a bit weary about this because we had some complicated centerpieces that I even struggled with arranging when I was trying it out at home. However, when I arrived on the day of our wedding, the place looked even more beautiful than I had imagined it! When we were taking pictures outside (in the freezing cold - we got married on December 7th), Alyson made sure to quickly bring us some of the hors d'oeuvres (especially the hot ones!) and also brought us some hot cider and more hors d'oeuvres to help us thaw out while we were in the bridal suite after the pictures. She was incredibly attentive and detail-oriented, and fun and easy to work with (which is a combination that you don't always see in the wedding world).

We got so many compliments on our gorgeous venue, and people are still talking about how good the food was (our food choices were the stuffed chicken breast, filet mignon, or butternut squash ravioli) and how professional and courteous the staff was. If I had to plan my wedding 100 times over again (not that I would ever want to!), I would choose Zukas every time!

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
Cassandra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Zukas Hilltop Barn was the most amazing place to have our wedding. All of our guests have been raving about the location and food for weeks. It was absolutely beautiful. Allyson was so helpful and efficient!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding here on 11/3/13 and it was even better than I imagined it would be. Zukas is the PERFECT place to have a wedding. When my husband and I first started searching for venues we came across Zukas and knew right away that this was the place for us. We only looked at one venue before visiting Zukas and after seeing Zukas and meeting Alyson, we knew that this was the place for us.
I honestly cannot say enough about this place. We used almost all of their preferred vendors and we were extremely pleased with every single one. Alyson is absolutely phenomenal. She is an absolute DREAM to work with. She was incredibly responsive, she helped every step of the way and she accommodated pretty much every request that we had. Whenever I emailed her, she typically emailed me back in less than an hour! I never waited more than a day to hear back from her, it was amazing! I am so grateful that I got to work with her because she really helped make my special day absolutely perfect!!!
We had an indoor ceremony and reception and I was so so so happy with the way everything came together. For a fall wedding, Zukas is the perfect place. We received so many compliments about the grounds and the reception room from our guests and we received many many compliments from our guests about the food!! Sometimes when you see all of the package deals from wedding venues you really wonder if it is all too good to be true and you worry that you will have to make some sacrifices, but not with Zukas. They are worth every penny!!
Thank you Zukas, and especially Alyson, for providing me with the wedding of my dreams!! You exceeded every one of my expectations and you sure know how to take care of your brides!!!!

• Wedding: 11/03/2013
508-885-5320
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards