Zukas Hilltop Barn

Value
Flexibility
Private User
[Private]

They have been wonderful in the planning of our wedding! I can't wait to get married there!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Liane
05/30/2015

From our first visit to Zukas through our wedding day, they did everything right. Responses to any question, any day and any time, came quickly and efficiently. We felt completely confident in their ability to run our day smoothly, and they did not disappoint. The food was delicious, the cake was gorgeous, the staff was professional and friendly, and the grounds are stunning. I really can't say enough about this venue. I can only hope that we get to attend a wedding there in the future so we can enjoy it all again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alyson and the Zukas Hilltop Barn staff helped my wedding vision become my reality! Alyson was so great at answering every question that we had, and worked with us the whole year and a half before our wedding. She also referred us to Greg Bedard for a DJ, which was one of the best decisions we made! On the day of the wedding, Alyson was also so amazing with our young nephews who insisted on helping her set the tables and she even went the extra mile when one of the littlest ones was having a meltdown! The bridal suite was perfect to get ready in with my bridesmaids and my husband and I were given a breakfast basket to eat the next morning-- delicious! The grounds were so beautiful and all of our guests loved how big it was with the gazebo, fire pit, etc to go out to. We chose a chicken dish and baked haddock, which is a little unconventional, but everyone raved about the food--I'm still hearing how good the food was weeks later (the cake too)! I would chose Zukas over and over again!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Zukas Hilltop Barn is gorgeous, secluded, and unique. We had an indoor wedding in the offseason and not only was the price right, but the ambiance of the barn was what really sold us. It was so beautiful on its own that there was not much need for additional decorations.

The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The venue event coordinator helped us with all the finer details and was very responsive to emails. In turn, she also kept us on our schedule by checking in with us the months leading up to our wedding.

The food was also impeccable! People are still talking about how good it was and also how hearty the portions were, you definitely did not feel like you didn't get enough to eat! My favorite is still the squash ravioli! The chef and kitchen were also very in tune to peoples allergies or food restrictions and went out of their way to make sure everyone was accommodated!

I highly suggest booking the bridal suite across the way for either a nights stay and/or day rental for you and bridesmaid to get ready in. If you don't want to spend the additional cost for the suite even just getting your hair and makeup done will add to your experience for the day! The hairdressers were fantastic as well!

Everything about this venue had something to love! I could not have imagined being married anywhere else, and can not thank the staff at Zukas enough for all their help!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Zukas did a phenomenal job with our wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception there, and they were both BEAUTIFUL. Guests were very impressed with the beautiful view outside and gorgeous yet cozy interior. The food was great--from appetizers to cupcakes, everything was delicious and looked great. Everything went SO smoothly, too, you can tell they do this all the time there! Alyson was incredible--she is so on top of everything, and helped keep us calm. Excellent venue and service!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My new husband and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day at Zukas Hilltop Barn. The location is gorgeous inside and out and is exactly what we were hoping to find during our search for a venue. Alyson, the onsite coordinator is great and did an amazing job helping all the details come together. The food is fantastic and we kept getting compliments from our guests about how delicious and beautiful everything was :-)

Justin
11/07/2014

Zukas Hilltop Barn was the perfect venue for our wedding! Everything was amazing; from Alyson, our wedding coordinator, helping us become familiar with all of our choices, to the linens, decor, and service throughout the entire wedding. We had a fantastic time, and Zukas was the perfect venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiance and I got married here on 10.17.14 and couldn't be happier with our decision. Zukas Hilltop Barn is the most beautiful wedding venue (as confirmed by our guests) in Massachusetts. We got married during peak fall foliage overlooking the rolling hills and took advantage of the breathtaking scenery. Then, we enjoyed an amazing dinner and epic reception in their beautiful tent!

Alyson, the wedding coordinator, was so incredibly helpful. She is wonderful, and goes above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly, down to minor details.

Above and beyond how perfect this venue is, it's also the best value in Massachusetts. It's actually AFFORDABLE believe it or not.

A++ for Zukas! We had the wedding of our dreams!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is GORGEOUS!! Our wedding exceeded all expectations, and we set the bar very high. Alyson was spectacular from start to finish. I highly reccomennd!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the most amazing experience at Zukas! I would honestly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The staff was very friendly and helpful and they did everything they could to make our day special. If I could do my wedding over again, I would still choose Zukas!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Everything on the day of, and the many days leading up to, our big day on 8/20/14 was perfect at Zukas Hilltop Barn! Alyson coordinated everything flawlessly and always responded to our emails quickly and with a calming tone ;-) The grounds at Zukas are absolutely GORGEOUS – which really saved on floral costs as there are hanging flowers everywhere – and white so it matches with everything and looks very beautiful. The owners, Lynn & Peter were awesome too – Lynn is the chef and when you are both the owner and the chef- you know the food is going to be good! The food was amazing – everyone said it was the best food they had at a wedding. We gave choices to our guests of beef tenderloin (we held the peppercorn) and chicken with a cranberry herb spread. We had the ice punch bowl and it was a great touch! Everything from initial meeting, to consutation meeting 6 months before, to the week of and day after with helping us load up our car was awesome. We worked with Arthur & Arlene Tatro for our Justice of the Peace – they live right near Zukas, know the place inside and out, are incredibly detail oriented, friendly, and personable and they really made the day and ceremony so incredibly special! We stayed at the Bridal Suite that night and HIGHLY recommend this. We debated back and forth because we also wanted to spend time with guests who stayed at the Comfort Inn in Spencer – but staying at the Bridal Suite was perfect. We got to be alone and talk about the day and it really helped the whole day sink in! They made an adorable breakfast basket for us to have the next morning with breads and cereal and fruit – amazing! Our rustic elegant wedding that was dreamed up in our heads and pintrest came alive on a perfect magical day thanks to Zukas and their staff! SO happy – for any questions feel free to email! Lvanluling@gmail.com

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Zukas is a magical place, and we are still hearing from guests how it was one of the best weddings they've ever been to, if not the best (including their own...) Here's why:
1. The actual venue is breathtaking. Rolling hills, twinkly tent, vegetable gardens, chickens (!), wooden fences, flowering dreamy meadows, a black and white dance floor, a spacious cocktail hour room with a big wooden bar, beams, fire pit, stone fireplace, and comfy couches. I imagine it is a photographer's dream. The place is gorgeous. You have the whole place to yourself and you feel like you're in another world even though it is outside of Worcester. And it's cost-effective!
2. The food is incredible! I still have guests talking about the cake. My sister-in-law made up a dance in honor of the cake to "Just Can't Get Enough." Each part of the meal was beautiful and tasty, and we loved the sorbet to "cleanse the palate" that was served before the entree. The food is fresh and yummy, and some is grown right on site. This venue is very environmentally friendly, as you can read about on the website.
3. Alyson is a miracle worker. She really cares. She kept us on track, answered emails faster than I think is humanly possible, is incredibly organized and not overwhelming, and such a kind, welcoming presence. When we were leaving the venue the next day (we stayed overnight in their incredible honeymoon suite), she met us outside to return all the things we forgot the night before (whoops!) We did our own decor and she set everything up perfectly! Thank you, Alyson!! Zukas can never lose her since she is one of the best parts of our experience! We also had a great time at the tasting with Alyson. Many couples were there, and there was music, a champagne fountain, drinks, every food option (so clever - like the edible spoons!), decor, etc. It was very helpful.
We are so grateful to Zukas to providing us a gorgeous, surreal, stress-free, EASY wedding process and wedding day. Thank you so much!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Zukas is an amazing venue! Alyson is absolutely the most wonderful person to help plan a wedding, as she is attentive and detail orientated and has the best personality for this job! Not knowing step one about planning a large wedding, it was actually very easy with Alyson's help. The gorgeous venue itself is a photographer's dream (at least that's what ours said as she had never been there being from Sudbury, MA)! It's been two weeks since our wedding and people are still raving about the food!! From the cocktail hour to the entrees to the phenomenal dessert bar every morsel was absolutely outstanding! Zukas is by far one of the best places in this area to have an unforgettable wedding day! Top notch all around from day one!!

Doug
06/21/2014

Zukas Hilltop Barn in my opinion is the only place to have a wedding. We have been to a few weddings here, and when we started out planning we did not look anywhere else! The venue is beautiful, the ceremony gazebo, wedding tent, fire pit were perfect! They had just finished bailing hay in the field which gave another amazing backdrop. Alyson was a dream to work with. She made every step of the planning virtually stress free. Many of our guests said it was the best food they have had at a wedding, and I would definitely agree. Zukas gave us the perfect wedding, and memories for the rest of our lives!!

Thank you!!!!
Doug & Jess

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Zukas is AMAZING. Alyson might be the most helpful and calming person on the planet. She really goes above and beyond to do her job. My photographer (Kan Photography) has shot a lot of weddings there and says that she is the best venue wedding coordinator he has ever worked with. At one point while we were doing our photographs before the wedding, I looked up to see her SPRINTING towards me; I guess one of our guests had called the venue to find out details about when our bus leaves.

All of the food at Zukas was delicious and the venue itself is absolutely stunning in the spring. I really like that they have their own flowers hanging on the edge of the tent and the little Christmas lights strung up. The tent is amazing and the view from the hill is stunning. There are so many great places to take gorgeous photos and the bridal suite is to die for.

Sarah
06/01/2014

Ron and I could not have picked a better place to hold our wedding! We were so pleased with the venue, the food, and the exceptional service. Alyson was incredibly helpful and flexible! Thank you everyone at Zukas!!! :-D

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning