Zac Wolf Photography
Photographing your love in New England, New York, and beyond.
Boston, MA 02135  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Laura 2 Reviews
We agonized over choosing a photographer, but upon our first conversation with Zac I knew that he would be the ideal person to work with and that I could trust him to capture our big day. He was extremely organized, easy-going, and on top of it all, technically very talented.

On the day of our wedding, we pulled up to the venue and I spotted Zac walking around the property (early!) catching some outdoor shots of the fresh snow. For our portraits, he was creative and flexible- he really played off of our energy and encouraged us to relax and have fun.

Zac also delivered the photos to us in lightning speed. Looking through our photos is like reliving the day itself- each of the special moments that Zac captured reminds me how lucky we were to work with him. Thank you, Zac!
Wedding: 01/19/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
Zac was awesome! We absolutely loved all of our wedding pictures, danger booth photos and engagement photos. I loved working with Zac and he was very professional. The only experience we had with Zac that wasn't flawless was with our album. The template had 5 extra pages than we were allowed in our album so after putting in all of the pictures I wanted, Zac told me if I wanted the last 5 pages I would have to pay extra. This was not a big issue, it just seemed odd that he would send the template with extra pages in it, it was misleading. Other that this small flaw the experience was flawless!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Zac Wolf of Zac Wolf Photography. We first met over coffee to discuss logistics and see some of his work, and we immediately felt as though we were visiting with an old friend. I sent him dozens of emails throughout our planning process, and he always responded quickly and professionally, ensuring me that he was happy to help. Zac is incredibly warm, kind, and passionate about his work, and made us feel like he was not only taking great pictures, but rooting for us as a couple and standing by us as a friend. On our wedding day, he made sure to ask me repeatedly if there was anything I needed or anything he could do for me, and he was a voice of calm and reason to myself and to my husband. All these things alone are reason enough to hire him, but when we received our photos (only two weeks later) we knew we had made the right decision. I love every single picture, and they are so candid and alive that looking through them makes me feel like I'm living the day all over again.

Zac is single-handedly the best investment we made for our wedding day, and I cannot recommend him enough!
Wedding: 11/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Zac Wolf is amazing. I could leave this review at that but of course, I must go on and gush about how amazing he is.

I found Zac about 3 years ago through a friend of a friend's wedding pictures (thanks social media). I knew that I wanted him to photograph my wedding from that point on and stalked his blog until I got engaged. Now, after the wedding, I can definitely say that he delivers. He's friendly, attentive and genuinely cares about his couples and wants to make everything as easy as possible on the big day. He is more than worth the money and our pictures came out just as beautiful as I had hoped! Plus, the turn around time on the photos was only about 2 weeks which I'm sure varies with how busy he is but still it's great to have them so soon!
Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a good idea that we wanted Zac to photograph our wedding before
we even met with him. After the first few minutes of our initial
meeting we knew we would be making the right choice. Zac has a great
personality. He is friendly, down to earth, has a sense of humor, and
most importantly makes you feel comfortable and at ease. We had a
great engagement session before the wedding, at the location of our
choice.

The day of the wedding, Zac and his assistant met us early in the day,
and was there to capture all the little details right from the start.
Shortly after getting to the house and meeting the wedding party, and
the parents, he took the dress and went outside...and everyone was
wondering "where is he going with that dress!" He ended up hanging it
from a tree in the yard, with the fall foliage as the backdrop. This
ended up being one of our favorite photos of the whole day, and it was
completely spur of the moment.

Zac will talk to you, but wont get in your way. He takes the time to
get to know you, but most of the time, you dont even know hes there,
and then are pleasantly surprised when you get your photos back and

Zac captures the true essence of the day. Nothing fake, too
pre-determined, or planned, aside from some formal shots. When you
look back at photos you'll be reminded of how great the day was, and
each photo will tell its own story. Zac provides a unique and artistic
perceptive of your day. By the end of the night it will be like he is
a guest at your wedding, not just a vendor.

Throughout the process he was very reliable, and always available to
answer questions, and alleviate any concerns. We had a great
experience with Zac and would strongly recommend you chose him for you
big day too.
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Zac is amazing. From the first time we met him, he made us feel at ease. We were completely confident that he would take great wedding photos and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. Going in to it, both my husband and I had looked over his blog and website and decided that we really liked his style of photography, so we pretty much went into it letting him do his thing. We decided we wanted our engagement shoot in downtown Boston, so one evening we wandered around and Zac took some great shots of us. Leading up to the wedding, Zac was super responsive and I never had to worry that he wouldn't be on time and ready to shoot. Our wedding photos are awesome. There are so many different shots both candid and straight on that I love. I recommend Zac to anyone who asks me who shot my wedding and I will continue to recommend him in the future.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We could not be happier with our choice to go with Zac as our wedding photographer. The pictures came out amazing and truly captured our special day!! Zac was an absolute blast to work with. He made us feel so comfortable and was very flexible with any of our requests. We would highly recommend Zac to everyone we know.
Wedding: 09/21/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I'm really happy we chose Zac to photograph our big day. From the start he was very responsive, professional and flexible. He definitely listened to everything we wanted in our photos and didn't take any forced photos; I would recommend him as a photographer for anyone who is looking for photos that authentically capture moments on their wedding day.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our working relationship with Zac began immediately after our engagement. I knew that Zac would be the only photographer who would be able to understand and execute what our vision was for our engagement and wedding pictures.

From the beginning, Zac was personable, knowledgeable, and genuinely involved in our wedding day. For our engagement pictures, I wanted to go to a deer park for a "princess" feel. He completely understood what I meant when describing the theme/vibe we were going for. Even though the deer park was in the middle of a zoo, Zac was able to make it look like the pictures were really taken in the middle of a forest with deer just coming up and surrounding us. During the day, we were slightly nervous but Zac was able to put us at ease for the pictures to come out natural and completely "us". I had never been more in love with a set of pictures in my entire life - until our wedding pictures.

Zac and his assistant so graciously drove all the way out to the most western part of Massachusetts to document our big day. Our venue was the center piece of our big day so it was more than amazing for both of them to travel out there without any issues.

Zac and his assistant showed up early to begin shooting. Because the venue didn't need much decoration, we had so many DIY details throughout which were extremely important to us - Zac was able to capture everything perfectly. He was able to capture the theme and the emotions that we had actually felt on that day. Zac coordinated our first look which was ideal; not only that but he was able to coordinate all our requested pictures of the bridal party and family prior to the actual ceremony so we could just sit back and enjoy the night in its entirety without taking breaks for pictures after the ceremony.

Of course, the raw talent of Zac is visible in his pictures but his professionalism and personable attitude is really what sets him apart from other photographers. Zac worked so well with our other vendors. He
Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Zac was the absolute perfect photographer for our wedding and went above and beyond any expectations I had. From the beginning he was well organized and professional. He really listened to what we wanted for our special day. My husband is very camera shy and Zac was absolutely amazing at getting great shots quickly as well as making us very comfortable. I can't believe how amazing the photos were. My husband is an artist so the quality of the photos were very important to us and we were not at all let down. He has a great eye for perfect moments and setting up the photos just right. We were laughing recently because somehow he made an average walkway in Harvard Square look like we were in a park in Europe. We love so many of the photos. He is so very talented.
He also is incredibly skilled at weddings in particular. We did a first look per his recommendation and we are so so glad that we did. It was one of our favorite private moments together before everything got busy - which is exactly why he recommended it. He also was practically an event planner on the day of keeping us all calm, on time and organized. He even got the extra boutonniere to my husband when the original was left behind. He was incredibly supportive and immediately felt like a friend somehow even though we never met him before that day in person. Lastly, the albums, although expensive, are absolutely stunning and I'm so glad we have these moments so well presented. Well worth the price. I was shocked at how quickly the wedding went by but at least we have beautiful photos in a beautiful album to reminisce on such a perfect day. He was the best vendor decision we made and was incredibly important to our wedding day. We can't thank him enough.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When looking for a photographer, I knew that I wanted someone who would capture the candid moments and find more interesting angles and perspectives than those traditional tacky formals you see all the time. When I stumbled upon Zac's portfolio site, I was very impressed with his work and I knew he was just what we needed for our wedding.

Zac understood our situation - that my fiancé was in the military - and that we weren't sure when we would be able to get together for our engagement session photo shoot. In the end, he fit us in the actual week of our wedding for the shoot, and took the initiative to search out an amazing park and shipyard location. The results were stunning. He was incredibly easygoing and personable. He simply asked us personal questions about us as a couple and our wedding plans while he shot photos of us being our natural selves. This allowed for the photos to be a true reflection of who we are together.

The weather on our wedding day was extremely cloudy and rainy at times - but it didn't matter. Zac and his assistant Alex showed up extra early to scope out our venue (a golf course), and still managed to find an outdoor covered location for our formal group shots. After our ceremony, we took out golf carts and explored the course for our photos. Rather than settling for cliche golf themed shots, Zac basically read my mind before I even had to mention the barn, the wood bridge, and the woodsy areas. We were on the same page the whole time. He also was able to capture ALL of my DIY details that I was so proud of.

Overall, I could not be happier with the photos from both days. Even my husband (who could care less about photography) was impressed, and laughed along with me when we went through the photos from our reception. Zac and Alex captured all the moments that we wanted - and the ones we never expected! I would DEFINITELY recommend him.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After talking with Zac, we knew we had found what we were looking for. From our initial meeting all the way up to the wedding date Zac was incredibly helpful and reassuring every step of the way. It felt like we had a close friend photographing our wedding which put me and my wife at ease. He was able to capture all of the moments from our wedding day in a stunning manner and capture the emotion of the day in each picture, which gave us that warm and fuzzy feeling all over again. These are pictures and memories we will cherish forever and we couldn't be happier that Zac was there with us!
Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Zac and his second shooter Jonathan were seriously the glue that kept our wedding together. It was like having a wedding coordinator, a good friend and not to mention an amazing photographer with you for the most important day of your life. We would highly recommend Zac to anyone who wants their photography done perfectly and from a great guy. He's an artist, a professional and an all-around great guy.
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were initially drawn to Zac for his artistic style and eye for shooting beautiful images that are full of color. Upon meeting him, his professionalism and warmth solidified that we absolutely wanted him for our wedding.

Zac made sure that we were well informed throughout every step of the process; he was always reachable to answer a quick question or two in the lead up to the event; and his easygoing nature and unobtrusive presence on our wedding day helped us to focus on what really mattered. Zac was also a ton of fun, and he totally fit in with our friends and family.

On the morning of our wedding, Zac arrived when there was still a number of things to do before getting ready. He never once pressured us to finish up so he could begin taking photos. At every point, he was always ready when we were, and he was accommodating and patient throughout the day.

It was an absolute pleasure working with Zac, and we couldn't recommend him more highly.
Wedding: 06/29/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
Zac is amazing! He captures beautiful candid shots. His personality makes it easy to be yourself with him during shoots. Two of the best decisions I made with him was 1) getting an album and 2) having the Photo Booth. Our only regret was not making more of an effort to get everyone to do the photo booth although 95% did. There are no props and with the white back drop, they look amazing and are some of our favorite photos that I know I will enjoy 30 years down the road. Whereas sometimes props make photo booths cheesy. Also, I can hardly believe that I already have my album. In the midst of wedding season, he took the time to prepare and edit my wedding album so that I could have it in time for the holidays. He clearly LOVES what he does and any client of his benefits from it.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Out of the 18,569 steps we went through to plan our wedding, hiring Zac to be our photographer was undoubtedly the easiest decision we made. He epitomizes the ideal photographer - professional but relaxed, in control but spontaneous, engaged but not pushy.

He is incredibly passionate about what he does, and that is echoed in his work. From the moment we met Zac, we knew we had found our match. He made us feel comfortable and took the time to get to know us on a personal level. We believe that's what yielded the results. We were flat out AMAZED when we got our photos, but honestly we expected it. We had 100% confidence that he would deliver, and he did in such a big way.

Wedding: 06/09/2013
 617-329-9653
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire