Yesterday Spaces

Value
4.7
Flexibility
3.9

After looking at a couple dozen venues online I finally decided on 10 to actually go visit. I knew I was going to love Yesterday Spaces before I ever went there and when my mom and I finally arrived we were not disappointed. The grounds were beautiful and Mike (the owner) was wonderful!! He personally walked us over the entire grounds and facilities...there are 2 houses that you can actually stay in for the entire time you're there for your wedding not to mention there are live animals and a tractor for the guests to ride to the mountain view ceremony site in!! It was all these things plus the well appointed but rustic looking reception area that has full men's and women's restrooms, state of the art catering kitchen, and indoor outdoor speaker system that hooks into a stereo system that a DJ, band, or your phone can hook into to play and control music. I not only fell in love with the venue but, the family that owns and runs it! I can't wait to have my wedding at Yesterday Spaces!!

3.9

We got married this past fall and decided to book the entire property, including the two homes for rent. It was an absolutely beautiful venue. The homes are so fantastic and we got LOTS of compliments from guests staying in them. The authenticity is really fun and made guests feel like they were transported to another time. However, there are lots of rules in the homes. Not my cup of tea but he WAS flexible with our check-out time. Really appreciated that.

We had our rehearsal dinner in the dairy barn, which is gorgeous. We ended up having a food truck and the vendor was very good about some last minute issues. I was really worried he would send them away due to them coming unprepared, but they made it work and the show went on. However, I overlooked the curfew for that night in the many contracts and got ourselves in to a LOT of stress when I got a call from the venue owner at 10pm saying we should have been out by 9pm. After reviewing the all the contracts, I did finally find that detail, but it would have been nice to have a reminder or something the week of the event. There were lots of rules and it was hard to keep track of them all. So if rules aren't your thing, this isn't your venue.

The day of was absolutely gorgeous, but we did have a few hiccups. The venue set up the chairs outside for the ceremony and unfortunately they shoved them wayyyy to close to the arbor, so everyone was right in each others faces. That was a bit awkward. He also said he would be giving people rides back to their cars but that didn't run smoothly. He should have waited at the top, took people down, then came back up to wait for the next load, but didn't. He also has lots of rules on how you can hang things & put things on tables. Other then that, the venue is BEAUTIFUL and he really did think through everything. It's his baby, so I see why he's so particular about things, but for us it was a tad too particular and added to the stress of it all. I would recommend it though.

Yesterday Spaces responded with the following comments:

This was a beautiful wedding with a lovely couple, a very nice family, and such an interesting and fun group of guests. We received many compliments on the houses and the venue during the events and on exit. It was a DIY wedding without a wedding planner or wedding day of coordinator. The bride was the primary contact for planning and for events including the rehearsal dinner. Our rehearsal dinners always end by 9 pm. The bride submitted a time line end time just days before of 8:30. We finally called at 10 pm to remind her of the time. She chose a food truck for the dinner and they had trouble with their generator. Food trucks always use their generators here as they know in advance that we are not set up at the Dairy Barn to accommodate connecting to our service. Luckily they eventually got things going. Sending them off never crossed our mind. She mentions that the chairs were too close to the arbor. We set up all tables and chairs according to client’s drawings or plans. If there are no diagrams or instructions as with this wedding then we do the best we can and use the most common spacing etc. as used by the bulk of our weddings. Chairs were set up in plenty of time and it would have been very easy for us to move if we had been asked. Most guests on leaving our events walk to their cars. The walk is down hill and is lit. We are available to assist with transport when needed and depend on Day of Coordinators to notify us when someone needs transport help. Rules and guidelines are critical to maintain the value and essence of this venue for us and for our clients. Most guidelines have developed as a response to issues we have experienced as a busy venue over the past few years. Our guidelines are clearly explained and documented in our initial agreements. As we show the venue to clients months prior to their event we essentially promise that things will look the same or better when they return. Without guidelines we could not honestly make that commitment.

Recently Married
2.6

Overall site was beautiful and our day was flawless! Not the overall best service we could have received but was a great day!!

Yesterday Spaces responded with the following comments:

There is no factual basis for the low scores submitted with this review. This client has submitted a similar and more detailed negative review on another site that was filled with inaccuracies and clearly based on a number of their misconceptions. We responded in detail to that review and they promptly submitted this shortened version to this site. We would refer any readers to our ~30 extremely positive reviews on The Knot and if contacted by email at gclan.one@gmail.com we would be glad to share a copy of our detailed response to this particular client’s review.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the most beautiful venue! My guests were blown away. I decorated very little - the venue was so pretty that I didn't need much and my guests came back telling me how beautiful of a wedding it was.

1+ year ago

Beautiful setting and wonderful people to work with! We had an amazing wedding here:)

1 Review
1+ year ago

My son and his bride had their wedding and reception at this beautiful venue. The most lovely environment for photos and memories, and quality N.C. made solid wood tables, and chairs, beautiful dishes, flatware, glassware are all included. The air conditioned and heated large reception barn is wired for sound and decorated in a warm country style. The owners couldn't have been more helpful. They hung a quilt my son's grandmother made for the couple high on a wall for the reception and insisted that it showed to best advantage. This venue is not to be missed for those who want a farm wedding with modern comfort and lots of well planned delights.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are interested in having a farm wedding in WNC there is no doubt about it Yesterday Spaces is the place to have it. There are no words to describe it's beauty it is a must see Venue and I have no doubt that you will fall in love with it and the owner's as much as I did!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Yesterday Spaces is a very lovely venue that provides flexibility for indoor and outdoor weddings. It rained on our wedding day and the backup location (the dairy barn) was simply beautiful. Mike is very friendly and likes to take a personal interest in each couple, which we appreciated. The event barn is really beautiful and offers breathtaking views of the mountains. In addition, you can rent the restored farm house on the property (as we did for the bride's family) which is SUPER convenient. We found the price to be a great value relative to other outdoor venues.
Our review is only discounted because just a few weeks out from our wedding day, Mike let us know we had to finish the reception about half an hour earlier than stated in the contract. Had we known this at the outset, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was a little frustrating so close to the big day. I would just make sure you are clear about ending times when you sign the contract.
Nonetheless, we loved the venue and would definitely recommend to other brides and grooms. We had a great experience and Yesterday Spaces holds a special place in our memory!

2+ years ago
3.8

They are strict with the things they will let you do on their property. But it is a beautiful place to have an outdoor wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Finding Yesterday Spaces was completely providential. When we first started searching for venues in Asheville, we thought it was going to be so simple. Months later, we were about to give up on our dream city when I checked Facebook right before our last ditch trip and saw a post from an event company saying, “Going to check out a new venue...” Well, one click to the website and I couldn’t dial the number quick enough. From the moment we set foot on the farm the next day, I knew that if we built our own venue we would never find something more perfectly suited for our wedding. Every item on the dream venue list was emphatically checked-off, including the mini-donkey! Just a few of the things we loved best include that they gave flexibility with the catering and alcohol, that almost everything was included in the rental, such as the tables and plates, and there was an old farmhouse where the whole bridal party could stay. I have no doubt that Yesterday Spaces will soon be one of the preeminent venues in Asheville.