Willowdale Estate

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our wedding at Willowdale was like a Fairy tale! It had been raining the entire morning up to the wedding, and we were worried that we would have to have our wedding in the tent instead of outside in the garden. Our wedding planner Courtney Hickey was very attentive and checked in with us often prior to the wedding to give us updates on the weather. At the very last hour Courtney checked in and we were able to have the entire ceremony outside with no drop of rain whatsoever!

Courtney's flexibility is truly representative of the Willowdale Estate team. From the moment we decided to book our wedding at Willowdale, the staff were dedicated to making our experience one of a kind. We appreciated their willingness to check in with us throughout our year of wedding planning. We made numerous visits to Willowdale prior to the event for their Wedding showcases, and for the menu tasting day(which was an awesome experience). We chose several vendors including the DJ, Photographer, and Officiant based off of Willowdale's preferred vendors suggestions- very helpful. Our vendors turned out to be amazing, and that was in big thanks to Willowdale.

Our overall experience the day of the Wedding was relaxing and organized. Courtney was on point, making sure that we stayed within time during the ceremony, during the Bridal party Introductions, and throughout the evening with the Cake cutting and dances. The food and drink service at Willowdale was top notch- the staff and bartenders were very professional and accommodating to our guests which we truly appreciated.

If we could have our wedding at Willowdale all over again we would! In a heartbeat.

Rhonda
06/05/2015

I am writing this as the Mother Of The Bride. 2 words to capture the evening wedding at Willowdale Estate might be enchanted and magical. It was a beautful venue with very professional staff. Nicole the Event Manager was a pleasure to work with. On the day and evening of the wedding she was totally knowlegable, organized and extremely calm. She oversaw all aspects of the event in a very confident manner without being intrusive. I have only wonderful things to say about our experience and the wedding at Willowdale!

1 person found this review helpful

Our experience at The Willowdale Estate was nothing short of spectacular. We had our ceremony and reception at the estate and everything was beyond perfect. The photographs of Willowdale don’t do it justice- the grounds and mansion are gorgeous and immaculately maintained. From when we booked the venue to the night of the wedding everyone at Willowdale was extremely responsive (often got back to emails within minutes!) and helpful. Our whole wedding was incredible from start to finish! I can’t tell you how many compliments we got on the food, service, setting and ambiance. We had multiple people tell us our wedding was “the best wedding ever!”

A special shout out to our outstanding wedding coordinator, Monique! Monique and her assistant, Kelly, played a huge role in how successful the evening was. They were attentive and professional. I give them major kudos for being able to wrangle up my “energetic” bridal party of 18! Monique is knowledgeable, friendly and incredibly organized. She made my planning process stress-free and enjoyable- and how many brides can say that?!

I highly recommend The Willowdale Estate! Book early and extend your reception by an hour- you won’t want to leave!

Willowdale Estate responded with the following comments:

Emily and Andrew - you were both such a pleasure to work with and your wedding was amazing! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you host a memorable day with your family and friends. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and please come visit us when you are in the area!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were immediately impressed the minute we walked through Willowdale Estate. First, my husband had made an appointment to tour the premises (unbeknownst to me, before we were engaged!) after our engagement. We both loved the combination of traditional, rustic and arts and crafts style throughout the grounds. I am in the design field, and loved all the coffered ceilings, intricate woodworking and beautiful stone exterior. After our tour we took three days to decide this was the place to have our wedding; this is also the only venue we toured, we were in love with everything there is to offer! We had an amazing experience with Kaitlyn (whom we booked the venue with) and Nichole (or wedding coordinator); we could not be happier to have meet two of the most wonderful women to guide us through planning our special day. Nichole was incredible throughout every step of the way, she scanned through my planning book with me and helped us coordinate special dietary restrictions that needed to be addressed. We had guests and family with gluten allergies, as well as severe nut allergies, and Nichole and the Willowdale Kitchen staff were perfectly on point and accommodating to all of our needs. Bonus of booking with Willowdale, you receive delicious cookies from the Willowdale Kitchen (all of which we devoured!). There are so many wonderful things that we can say about Willowdale, we loved every minute of our planning and wedding day. We loved Willowdale, and would do everything all over, exactly the same! :)

Willowdale Estate responded with the following comments:

Hi Steffanie (and Rick)!,

We loved every minute of sharing this experience with you, and wanted to thank you for leaving such a heart felt review! Your wedding day was filled with so many beautiful moments, from the loving ceremony to the energetic party later on! We wish you the very best and please come visit us again soon!

Warmly,

Nichole, Kaitlin and the entire Willowdale Team

Megan
05/02/2015

I cannot recommend Willowdale enough! My wedding went off without a hitch!
The staff is amazing--super responsive, helped us with any issues that arose with outside vendors, and made sure that the day of was nothing but perfect!
The venue itself is beautiful, and did not disappoint on our wedding day! Decorating was so easy because the mansion itself is already so perfect!
The food was AMAZING! All of our guests cleaned their plates and raved about the meals and the cookies!

If you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL, LOW SRESS, PERFECT wedding, Willowdale is your place!

Private User
Recently Married

Where to begin! My fiance and I checked out 6 venues prior to Willowdale and were 'kind-of' sold on one of them before our drive upto Willowdale Estate! Upon seeing the Estate we knew it was our place... once inside and meeting the AMAZING staff, we were 100% sold. Having our wedding at Willowdale Estate was the best decision we made - the grounds are absolutely stunning, the interior has so much character, the food is to die for and the staff is unbelievable...hard not to chose it! We had our wedding in late April and worked with Monique Jeffrey. From start to finish Monique was amazing. We didn't have to worry about one thing on our wedding day thanks to her. She worked so hard behind the scenes to make sure it went off without a hitch and we can't thank her enough for that. It's been a month and our guests still can't stop talking about the venue and food! If you haven't checked out Willowdale yet, go!! You'll fall in love. THANKS Monique!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at Willowdale was spectacular. Leading up to our wedding, our coordinator Nichole was the ultimate professional. Whenever I had a question, she gave me thoughtful advice and support. On the day of my wedding, she made sure that everything went off without a hitch! The food was amazing and the staff were wonderful. I highly recommend the late night chocolate chip cookies for guests at the end of the evening - our guests are still talking about them! Willowdale was a beautiful, romantic location for our ceremony and reception. I wish I could do it all over again. I highly recommend having your wedding at Willowdale!

Kate
03/06/2015

We got married at the Willowdale Estate on March 6th - I cannot say enough how wonderful it was! From Nichole, our wedding coordinator, the staff, the food, and the venue! More people have told me they have never had such amazing food at wedding!!!!

Matthew and Maryellen
12/27/2014

From the moment we walked in to the October open house, we knew we wanted to host our second wedding here. The nostalgic feel, the professional and friendly staff, the amazing ambiance and delectable food not only made our wedding an event to remember, but also a party to brag about for years to come! Everyone who attended is still talking about how much fun it was and how amazing Willowdale is. We can't say enough about how accommodating the staff is/was to our needs and we truly appreciated it! Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography

Words cannot express how spectacular our wedding day was and it is all thanks to the incredibly hard working crew at the Willowdale Estate. From the sales team, the planning team, to the execution team on the big day itself, they were pure perfection. On a day where tensions can be high, Nichole and her team kept us all calm and on on time (which was a miracle). The property is absolutely exquisite and I cannot think of a more perfect choice to celebrate the greatest moment of our lives. I will treasure this special day and we are forever grateful to everyone at Willowdale for the hard work they put in and the wonderful wedding that we had.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My family and friends said our wedding was one of the best they've attended and I know that's because of Willowdale and their wonderful staff. The food is phenomenal, the staff are the best and the intimate mansion and beautiful grounds are perfection! They also were able to accommodate us last minute when our venue fell through, they saved our wedding. We highly recommend Willowdale!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had been dreaming of getting married at Willowdale Estate for over five years now. When my fiancé and I got engaged, I knew this would be the dream wedding I had always hoped for. Just to solidify our decision, we toured many other mansion type unique properties, and not one of them compared to Willowdale Estate, in every aspect.
Willowdale has been beautifully restored and every detail of the physical property is flawless. Other mansions didn't even come close to the perfection that Willowdale Estate displays.
The staff is simply amazing- from the sales team to their planning department, to the waitstaff and everyone in-between- every single person we or our guests had contact with was blown away with their professionalism, attention, and care to everything.
We booked two years in advance, so you can only imagine how much build up there was to our wedding. We had contact with them all along the way, and never did more than a few days go by without me hearing from them in response to my tons of questions, or them sending essential planning info.
Once the day arrived all we had to do was sit back and let the magical day happen. I was not nervous about anything that day, even when it came to other vendors, because Willowdale had taken the reigns and made sure all was taken care of and smoothly run. And it was perfect. And we completely owe that to our wonderfully perfect planner Nichole Armano. She was my rock (aside from my fiancé) that day. She ran up and down and all around for me and my husband and guests. I swear, she might just be a magician :)
We, and our guests are still raving about the delicious food, awesome staff, and beautiful property-all of which combined made our wedding an absolute DREAM! I cannot say enough positive things about Willowdale Estate. I can't wait to go back for other functions they plan throughout the year.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Kathleen and John
11/02/2014

It was a most magical day. Our daughter's wedding was simply the best day of our lives. A lot of work had gone into making it so. Choosing Willowdale was our first and best decision.

Their entire staff is extremely professional. All communications were smooth and timely.

The Food, the Venue, and the Service were over the top. Many guests stated that it was the best wedding that they had ever attended. Weeks later we are still reliving the event with our family and friends.

We do want to give special recognition to Alise Watson, our Event Planner/Coordinator. If you are lucky enough to get to work with Alise, we can guarantee it will be a pleasant experience. She is definitely a detail person and nothing (including unwanted guests) gets by her.

Again we give our highest recommendation to The Willowdale Estate and its staff and thank them from the bottom of our hearts.

Caitlin
10/17/2014

I don't even know where to begin! The Willowdale created a picture perfect wedding for me and my husband. It was like living a dream, literally everything turned out PERFECT! The venue itself is just beautiful. Our guests and myself cannot stop raving about the estate and the grounds and I am so glad that the wedding party and guests got to experience the venue in its entirety as we transitioned between the ceremony, cocktail and reception throughout the day. It was hard to choose where to have photographs taken because everywhere is picturesque. The food also is AMAZING, not your typical mediocre wedding food. Each guest's meal was meticulously plated, cooked and seasoned to perfection and the serving sizes were huge! We chose the Parmesan crusted sole and flat iron steak and both were delicious. For appetizers we had crab cakes, twice baked potatoes, scallops wrapped in bacon, calamari and a cuban sandwich and there were plenty of appetizers to go around and all were delicious.

Now on to the planning team, we worked with Nichole and she was on top of everything and made my fall/festive vision a reality. We dropped off a lot of decorations at the Willowdale two days prior to the event and when we arrived the day of she and her assistant had placed everything perfectly, they have quite the eye for decorating! Nichole also was very responsive whether it be by email or phone and I felt so comfortable putting my day in her hands. Everything ran smooth from start to finish! Their planning team really, truly knows how to plan and execute a flawless wedding. I can honestly say that I did not feel stressed once the entire day and it is because of their hard working team. Thank you again for making our day magical!

Private User
Recently Married

Willowdale Estate is truly a wonderful venue to have a wedding. After attending one of their open houses I quickly fell in love with the stately mansion and gorgeous grounds and knew that any event put on by the fabulous staff would be unforgettable. Luckily that was very true for my wedding! We received so many compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue and amazing food - the ice cream sundaes, raw bar and homemake cookies were big hits!!! The Willowdale Staff were always there to answer any questions and help with planning from the time we booked our wedding, which was almost 15 months prior to our actual wedding date. Our wedding coordinator, Nichole, was wonderful - we can't thank her enough for working with us to ensure everything went so smoothly! I was truly blown away with how beautiful everything looked on our wedding day and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Willowdale Estate is a truly magical place to have a wedding. My daughter was recently married there on a beautiful autumn day. The estate is gorgeous and there are a variety of backdrops, both indoors and out, for picture taking. Our guests were in awe of the natural beauty of the place and its interesting architecture. The tent was stunning. The food and service was excellent. The staff are true professionals. We felt that we were in good hands throughout the entire process. Everything ran very smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue for any event, rain or shine.