Vanessa Velez Photography

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa was perfect! We are so happy with her, her photography, and how well she handled the entire event!
We had a small wedding on a local beach, and even though it was small, I was still nervous. When Vanessa arrived, she and her partner took the reigns and made sure everything went smoothly, that everyone felt special, and that they got each shot we wanted.
The photos we got are beautiful, and we are so happy to have found Vanessa! We hope to get back to Puerto Rico again someday and have anniversary pics taken with her!
Wedding: 03/14/2014

Private User 4 Reviews
Vanessa is amazing! We were planning a destination wedding from Boston and I found Vanessa through wedding wire and instantly fell in love with her work. I love the artistic way that she captures all the special moments. It was exactly the kind of photos we were looking for - unique and genuine and not staged. Once we actually met Vanessa, and her husband, on the day of the wedding, we couldn't have been any happier! They were absolutely lovely people and wonderful to work with. I'm a bit shy and was a little nervous being photographed but Vanessa made me (and my family and friends) feel totally comfortable and we just had so much fun!
Vanessa is extremely talented and has an eye for the best places to shoot from. After the reception, we walked around old San Juan to take couple photos and she would just see the best places / lighting, etc immediately. While we've only seen a preview of photos so far, they are all amazing and we absolutely love them! Our friends and family have also told us how much they love them and how impressed they were with Vanessa. I am sure the rest of the photos will be equally as amazing!
I highly, highly recommend Vanessa and I hope to have the opportunity to hire her again in the future!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa was the absolute best! We are so happy that she was our photographer for our most memorable day! We planned our wedding from Chicago, and from our first email Vanessa she was great to communicate with, responsive and helpful! Her photos are gorgeous and she truly has a gift for making you feel very comfortable which shows in her work. We did our engagement photos and wedding photos with Vanessa and they turned out amazing! Choosing Vanessa for our photography was hands down the best thing we did - and without hesitation we would highly recommend her!
Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa is simply the best photographer in Puerto Rico. She did an amazing job in capturing every detail of our wedding. We know that she captured beautiful and emotional memories of our day that will last forever. She made taking pictures an enjoyable moment. Her whole team is amazing. THANK YOU again Vane.
Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa Velez came highly recommended by our wedding planner. We told our planner we wanted somebody that had a keen eye to capture moments, glances, movements without having to constantly pose for a picture. There was no doubt, Vanessa Velez was that person. All of my friends that have seen our wedding pictures tell me that they look like they belong in a magazine. She also captured moments from us and our guests that I couldn't believe she captured and immortalized in a picture. She also LOVES what she does, just take a peak at her Facebook page, her website, and her blog and you will see her incredible talent. Vanessa also makes you feel so at ease with her when you finally meet on your wedding day. My husband and I are eternally grateful to Vanessa and she will be our go to photographer for all the other key events in our lives. Highly recommend!!!
Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa is amazing! She is one of a kind, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!
Wedding: 05/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As soon as I saw Vanessa's work, I knew I wanted her to capture my day. Her pictures were so crisp and fresh. I thought she did a lovely job noticing the little things about her brides. I also fell in love with her website. It was so personal that you truly got a feel for her work and passion for photography. I had a destination wedding and found that the communication was awesome. She explained everything clearly and everything went smoothly. She made me and my husband feel so at ease with our pictures. She took us to the most beautiful/intimate places in Old San Juan to take our photos. On my wedding day, it actually rained and our ceremony had to be held indoors. Vanessa knew I truly wanted to have my wedding/pictures outdoors that she offered to take pictures of us on an alternate day, but we got very lucky and after the wedding ceremony the wedding turned around. She reacted fast and suggested we go to Old San Juan to take our photos. I'm so glad she did, because the weather became sunny and we were able to get some beautiful shots. Due to the weather issues, she was nice enough to give us a little extra time. I am very grateful that she was so accommodating to make our day special. It is also great that she works with her husband! They are such a great team and you can tell they have lots of experience. She was so great to work with and I look forward to seeing my beautiful pictures. I highly recommend her services to any bride!
Wedding: 05/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa was amazing. She and her husband make a wonderful photography team and we really can’t say enough great things about them both. My husband and I planned our very small and intimate wedding in San Juan entirely from Chicago. Having never visited Puerto Rico before, we knew we were in for an adventure. I found Vanessa Velez Photography online and instantly loved her bio and her portfolio. Vanessa was extremely prompt in answering all my emails, all with a sweet and genuinely caring tone. She had fantastic vendor recommendations as well and all the advice she gave us was perfect.

When I finally had the pleasure of meeting her, it felt like we were already friends. She and her husband put us instantly at ease, extremely professional and talented. Their graceful presence was so calming and authentic. I adore all of our images; she made us look so lovely. I have never felt so beautiful. The preview photographs Vanessa posted to her blog are exactly what we wanted and more. She captured so many stunning moments in time that we, along with all of our family and friends, will be able to cherish and reminisce about for years to come. There is no better choice for a photographer.
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Monica 1 Reviews
"Cause in the end, all you really have is memories". . . AND the absolutely stunning photos featuring you and the love of your life on the happiest day of your lives, all seamlessly captured by Vanessa Velez Photography.

Planning a destination wedding in Vieques, Puerto Rico exclusively from Minneapolis, Minnesota was not an easy undertaking. But the easiest decision we made was choosing Vanessa to re-create the story of our wedding day through photographs. We stumbled upon Vanessa Velez Photography, ironically, when searching through wedding photographer reviews. After looking at dozens of photographers' websites and portfolios, her talent and passion for her work clearly stood out. And it was no coincidence that, within hours of sending email inquiries to her and other photographers, she was the first and only response I received for days to follow. Vanessa's correspondence was always prompt and she was very responsive to our questions and concerns, putting us at ease in the months before our wedding.

By the time our wedding day had arrived, I felt as if I had met her on several occasions, although it was actually our very first meeting. We were lucky enough to have both Vanessa and her husband (an incredibly creative and artistic photographer himself, who fortunately for us, had the day off) gracefully capturing every moment, and even those that we didn't even know existed!

The final product is so far beyond what we had ever imagined. These are the type of pictures you see in magazines, but we were the models! We've never felt more beautiful! What more could you ask for on your wedding day? Thank you so much Vanessa!
Wedding: 04/26/2013

AJ 1 Reviews
My husband and I got married in late Feb. of 2013 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our wedding was a 4 day Indian affair with events at Hotel El Convento and La Concha. It was an absolutely beautiful affair, and we were really happy and lucky to have Vanessa as our photographer. It was quite challenging to plan our wedding from New York for obvious reasons, but also because my husband and I invested a great deal in finding quality vendors. When we met Vanessa and saw her portfolio, we knew she was the right fit for us. Vanessa is truly an AMAZING photographer with an incredible talent! Vanessa has an eye for capturing beautiful moments and she does so with a lot of ease. She is truly gifted.

Indian weddings can be very taxing on photographers, as they go on for days and there are several elements and rituals to capture, and the photographer has to work really hard to tell the full story. Vanessa did exactly that with a lot ease and she was incredibly patient and in high spirits on ALL 4 days! 4 days of photography is also costly, but Vanessa's rates were quite reasonable. It's really refreshing that she chooses to keep her prices reasonable and accessible in spite of her incredible talent, and she is definitely more talented than some photographers who charge twice as much as her.

In addition to her incredible talent, Vanessa's positive energy and her relaxed attitude really put my husband and I at ease during stressful times. Vanessa was hands down our best vendor! Vanessa's team also includes her husband, who is also a photographer, runs his own business, and is incredibly talented! My fiancé really appreciated having Vanessa's husband around, who is equally talented, funny, easy-going and kind as Vanessa.

We haven't received our pictures yet. However, Vanessa gave us a sneak peek of our photos, and they are absolutely stunning. If our NY engagement shoot and the sneak peek are any indication, then we cannot wait to see our beautiful wedding pictures! :)
Wedding: 02/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Haven't seen the final pics yet, but from the previews I saw at the wedding (which is an awesome idea by the way) our pictures are going to be amazing. She did a wonderful job taking pictures throughout the entire day. Her and her team did a great job setting up shots before, during, and after the wedding. The pre-wedding picture sights were first class. Hats off to you, thanks for making our day special. Look forward to seeing the final products.
Wedding: 11/03/2012

Liz Rivera 7 Reviews
I just received our pictures a couple of weeks ago as promised and they are amazing! Vanessa made my experience a very rlaxing one. She and her assistant were very professional and thorough. During the ceremony and reception, you never saw them yet they were still able to capture some of the most intimate and exciting moments of the event. Thank you Vanessa for capturing the beauty of our special day!
Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is the best photographer in PR. Her photos are gorgous. She is very easy going and awesome at what she does!
Wedding: 08/10/2012

Ashley 3 Reviews
Vanessa is the epitome of what a wedding photographer should be. I planned my wedding in Puerto Rico completely from California and struggled at first with finding a photographer with a portfolio I liked, who also seemed relatable. The minute I saw Vanessa’s photos, I knew she was the right fit for me, and that thought was only confirmed when we first corresponded by e-mail. Vanessa was extremely easy to talk to and went above and beyond the call of duty to help me coordinate the perfect wedding day from very far away. She responded quickly and thoroughly to the many, many questions I asked her, and her fabulous personality radiated from her e-mails. When I met her in person, she was just as wonderful! She put my husband at complete ease, had a blast with my bridesmaids, and made everything about our wedding even better. She let us all be goofy and silly, and have fun with our special day! With Vanessa, you’ll get professionalism, skill (high quality images that capture all of your perfect moments), creativity (we got to play with night shots and have a lot of fun), calm (a calming presence on a busy and important day is key), and care (Vanessa is someone who truly cares about you and is a great person, which in my opinion is the most important thing of all when choosing a wedding photographer! It makes all the difference.) When someone with talent and passion is blessed with genuine kindness, magic can happen. That is Vanessa! I can’t imagine making a better choice, and if you are planning a wedding locally, or from afar, Vanessa comes highly recommended by me.
Wedding: 06/22/2012

EG+CF 8 Reviews
Vanessa and her husband make an amazing team. They new exactly what to do and say to help us feel relaxed and my husband, who hates taking pictures, smiled in all of them and actually had a good time. They let us see a preview of the pictures and they were incredible, the type you see in high end magazines. They were super sweet, fun to work with, spoke perfect English, professional, flexible and truly caring. They went above and beyond and I don't hesitate to recommend them to any one. Emails and texts were responded to quickly (not on island time) which is a huge plus in their favor when compared to other vendors. I'm hoping that maybe in a few years we can take some anniversary pictures with them. :)
Wedding: 05/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vanessa is hands down the BEST! I looked at other photographers, but Vanessa's work speaks for itself. Her pictures are just gorgeous! She captures moments that you didn't even realize you had! She has a gift, she was meant to do this!! My wedding planner recommended her and hiring Vanessa was probably the best choice we made throughout the entire planning process. Photography was one of my top priorities and Vanessa exceeded our expectations. Not only is she an amazing photographer, she is an awesome person too. I loved every time we had a session with her. She helps you relax, she's funny, she's caring, she just rocks!!
Vanessa shot our engagement pictures, wedding pictures and day after session. All of which I've seen a sneak peek of and are just gorgeous. But one of the best decisions I made was to have her shoot a boudoir session as a surprise for my hubby. She made me so relaxed and I had so much fun shooting those pics! Vanessa turned the pictures into a book and I gave it to my husband the day of the wedding as his gift. He looooved it and Vanessa got pictures of his reaction as he opened the book for the first time. Just priceless!!!
The day of the wedding she put her ipad on display with a few pics from the day for our guests to see, and we were in awe at how amazing they turned out. She is worth every penny!!! You will have pictures that look like they belong in a magazine and I work for a fashion magazine, so trust me, she is the real deal!!!
We love you Vanessa! Thank you for capturing the most special day in our lives and for being so wonderful throughout the entire process.
Wedding: 05/20/2012
 305-340-7749
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire