US Coachways

Value:
(1.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 0.0

US Coachways has terrible business practices, extremely deceiving pricing, and has been the most expensive, frustrating, and regrettable transportation choice my company has ever made! I work for a tour company, and am not planning a wedding, but hope it's alright to warn all of you about US Coachways on this website.

An account manager at US Coachways quoted our company the price of $6,105 to charter a bus for one week. We asked her multiple times, in various phrasings, if there were any additional costs and fees. We were told that the ONLY costs in addition to this price would be lodging for the driver, gratuity, and parking costs throughout the week. Because US Coachways beat the price of a competing company, we chose their service. In numerous follow-up emails and phone calls, US Coachways assured us that we had a bus reserved at the price they had quoted us. They went so far as to tell us that there was a specific vehicle associated with our ticket.

Three days before our trip departed, we received a phone call from a sales rep we had never spoken with before informing us that we did not, in fact, have a vehicle reserved at the stated price. US Coachways could get us a vehicle for $1,585 more than what we had agreed upon, but ONLY if we decided within the next 5 minutes, because the person calling us was getting ready to go home for the night. Needless to say, we were stuck. We're trying to work with manager to get a refund of $1,585, but our most recent calls have not been returned. Do yourselves a favor and stay miles away from this company on your special day!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Be very careful my daughter and I thought we crossed our T's and dotted our I's. What a total disaster. Although the beginning plans went well, the communication etc... was professional. The day of the wedding none of the drivers (limo and bus drivers) had any detail information and had know idea what was going on. Which we were told they would have all the detailed information. They give you a contact number for the day of. Good luck with that. The dispatcher was no help! Unbelievable! It made a very stressful situation. The limo driver came to pick us up at the hotel and didn't even have our name or number. Therefore making us run late for the ceremony.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 0.0

This is the most unprofessional, company I have ever worked with. I am an event planner and I work with providing transportation companies daily arranging services for my clients. This company's ownership, management team and sales lack honesty and integrity. They refused to honor the contract we signed claiming they never processed the reservation even though we had proof that they received the reservation form and credit card authorization form paying in full nine months in advance of the event. When I found another bus company for them to subcontract the work to they would answer my phone calls or e-mails. On a scale of 1 - 10 they get a 0.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Drivers did not show up. Had to be located. Got lost. Caused our wedding to be over an hour late at a venue that had very limited time. We have had a very difficult time trying to get any kind of restitution to this nightmare from "Donna " the customer service agent. Other than pennies on the $. This is a crime. Brides beware!!!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

DO NOT HIRE... i booked them for my wedding cause they were cheap and now i know why they were cheap. Not only did they get lost on the way to the hall, making my guests show up late they showed up for one of the night trips to bring the guests back to the hotel and refused my guests. The bust instead of taking the people back to the hotel left empty. When i complained they not only didnt respond right away they refuse to admit error and refund me. They do not hold up to the contract. The contract means nothing unless you break it. Its been over a month since it happened and i am still working to resolve the issue. DO NOT HIRE. Its not worth the headache.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I would never book with US coachways again. The driver was very rude to my guests and got lost three times on the way to the wedding ceremony arriving only as the ceremony started.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
sarah r
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We used us coachways to transport our guests from our hotel to our venue in Las Vegas Nevada. The driver was late and then got lost. He claimed they never gave him the zip code to the venue. I'm sorry but after I pay $800 for a bus to drive 20 min one way and back I expect someone to give him the correct information or at least he should know the area!! Causing our ceremony to start 45 min late! I have called over 10 times and they are beyond rude. They are trying to tell me that my guests are lying the driver claims he was on time and no one was there. 33 people are lying and your one bus driver is telling the truth?@!?! The driver claims he was at my venue and no guests were there waiting. GIANT LIE. I saw my guests waiting outside when I got in my limo 30 min earlier. If you have ever been the the MGM in Las Vegas you would know that they don't just let a coachbus park in the pick up area with no guests. They told me they are not at fault. After I was yelled at on the phone by there "head" of customer service she told me I would have to speak to her boss. That was 2 days ago. No word yet. If you have some where to be in las vegas I would suggest Presidential Limos. They drove me and my bridesmaids to my venue, while my husband and guests were on Mr. Toad's wild ride. This company is ridiculous and should be ashamed of themselves.

• Wedding: 04/05/2013
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

We used U.S. Coachways to rent a 56 passenger bus to transport our guests from the hotel to the reception. We chose this vendor because they had the best price, but the service was mediocre. I had to negotiate a lot on the contract as I wasn't OK with the terms and the person I worked with wasn't terribly responsive. I ended up just making the changes I wanted in the contract and they signed off on it. Then, I was supposed to pay a 30% deposit up front and then the rest 30 days before the wedding. They charged me the full amount up front without telling me and then they actually over charged me with an admin fee that was negotiated out of the contract. It took 2 months for them to refund me the amount that they over charged and about 10 emails back and forth. In general responsiveness wasn't great. They only confirmed with my wedding planner less than 24 hours before the wedding despite several calls from her.

The service the day of the wedding was largely fine until the end of the night. The bus was clean and our guests were happy with it. At the end of the night, we had more guests stay until the very end of the wedding than we expected so when what was supposed to be the last bus came, about 15 people couldn't get on the bus. My wedding planner was working with the driver and he was pretty rude to her about coming back for an extra trip. My husband and I had left at this point but would have paid extra to make sure all of our guests got back. The driver also wasn't very helpful in making an extra stop at a bar for the after party, even though it was in the contract. I realize that we were asking the driver to do something that he wasn't paid to do, but he could have been more helpful to work out a mutually agreeable solution. He ended up coming back for an extra trip, but by that point, most of the guests who were left took a cab back to the hotel. This company is reasonable, but just be extra clear about expectations up front.

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

DO NOT USE THIS BUS COMPANY! We had so many problems with them I don't have time to list them all. The customer service was awful, non-responsive, flippant and so unhelpful. The buses were not where they were supposed to be and were late. The last bus threatened to leave me & my groom and all of our wedding party at our wedding venue. We had to pay him extra, in cash, right then or he was going to leave us in the rain with no ride.

Every vendor we worked with throughout my whole wedding process was awesome, except this one!

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We used this company for our wedding and conveniently they forgot to show up and pick up 30 of our passengers. I disputed the charge with AMEX and they won two disputes because they were able to provide receipts and a signed contract. At no time did they provide proof of their arrival at the wedding. I had to pay for my guests cabs and have a memory of a horrible ending to a wedding because of this vendor. I am suing.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 0.0

When looking for a bus to transport our out-of-town guests to/from the hotel/reception, we went with US Coachways. The representative took our info and said we'd have a contract via email in 48 hours. After repeated calls we got the contract TWO WEEKS later. We signed it, provided our credit card, and were charged the full amount the very next day. But the experience left me uneasy.

I decided to look for reviews. (Something my husband apparently didn't do before calling to book.) The reviews were abysmal. I started calling other companies to see if I could find someone available at the last minute, even if it meant paying a cancellation fee with US Coachways.

The first company I called didn't have any availability. He felt badly since it was for a wedding. I thanked him and said I had a bus already, but saw reviews that left me a little less than confident so I was looking for other options. He said, "Can I guess who?" I said, "Sure." He said, "US Coachways?" I couldn't believe he guessed right. He then proceeded to beg me not to work with US Coachways. He said his company gets multiple calls a week from people who have been left stranded by US Coachways because the company calls to cancel on them with only a few hours notice. This man had nothing to gain by telling me this since he couldn't provide me with a bus himself, so I took him at his word.

We called US Coachways to cancel and followed it up with an email per their contract. After hounding them for weeks, it took them nearly 6 weeks to credit us back (and we incurred a finance charge on our credit card in that time).

I've since seen multiple complaints about them on multiple sites. Every last one of the "recommendations" on their own Facebook page are nothing but complaints. A recent one is a man who said that the company cancelled their bus 6 hours before their wedding. I truly feel like my husband and I dodged a bullet.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

DO NOT USE!!!! Worst company ever! They were supposed to pick up my hotel guests at 5:15. At 5:30 there was still no bus so me the bride called them and were on hold for over 20 minutes. They had no idea what was going on. After 30 minutes my friend called from her phone and they said that the bus broke down. But they weren't sure about another bus coming. So I was over a half hour late for my wedding and the whole day was rushed. A bus showed up at the end of the night for one hour of service. Then when we asked for a refund they only wanted to give 25% of the cost, as supposedly stated in the contract. We are taking them to small claims court because they never called us to let us know they were not coming. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I wish I would have read these reviews before booking them. They are the worst! Rude and not understanding at all!!!!!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Not one good thing to say about this company. Absolutely every aspect of dealing with them was a misery. The customer service was surly and overworked, I was supposed to have a project manager to oversee my account and to be a point of contact but each time I called I was told my project manager was no longer employed there and I finally gave up trying, not feeling confident that a bus would turn up on my wedding day. When the bus did turn up the driver was extremely unfriendly and was almost unwilling to wait for my groom at the end of the night. Also, we were supposed to have a working restroom, but it was so filthy none of the guests were able to use it. Extremely unhappy and the only thing that keeps me from asking for my money back is it would mean calling them....

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

gary, the person we dealt with, was flawlessly professional in every aspect. handled our wedding limo and guest shuttle services seamlessly. the limo was grand and the shuttle bus amazing, beyond our expectations.

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

This is a response I wrote on a another "Reviews" website about Us Coachways.
The response is to a Us CoachWays representative(Shark Bait) who responded to complaint on this other reviewing website:

@Shark Bait:
You are not in the transportation industry. You are in the Bus Brokerage business. You do not even have any buses.
Why don't you tell your clients this? Tell them how you select the bus that will transport your clients.
Tell them that you operate a website where your network of bus companies throughout the United States pays a fee every 3 months or so($2000)months for the opportunity to bid on the trips that you post on our site. Tell them that you select the lowest bidder to do the job. Tell them that you have no idea what kind of equipment that your network of bus companies have. Tell them that you don't know how safe these buses are. Tell them that you charge the client a 15%-20% gratuity for the driver that you put in your own pocket. JUST LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW THAT YOUR MISSION IN TO TAKE THIER MONEY AND GIVE THEM NOTHING. SHAME ON YOU!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Do NOT USE! I booked for my destination wedding, to take guests to and from their hotels & reception venue. The bus NEVER showed!! Left more than 100 guests stranded at their hotel, the cocktail and reception had already begun with no guests there yet!

Not only did I pay for transportation (and have yet to be credited 2 mos later), I paid for a cocktail hour that was never used due to guests arriving so late. This bus costs me thousands of dollars!!!

All of this after I paid for and confirmed the bus pickup location and time on numerous occassions. When the bus didn't show up, my wedding planner contacted dispatch and was told the buses were on their way...and hours later they still never showed up. WORST COMPANY. Don't ruin your wedding by using this company!!! Pay more if you have to, in the long run it's well worth it than to be out thousands of dollars with no bus to show for it!!!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012