Twerking Hard DJs

Twerking Hard DJs

234 e. 7th st. APT 4RE
New York, NY 10009 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked Josh for our wedding and he was awesome from the beginning. He took the time to meet with us when we were still shopping around and I really enjoyed is attitude and style. He encouraged us to send him lists of the kind of things he wanted and was very receptive to our taste. He even met with us 2 weeks before the wedding to finalize the timeline for the night and discuss details. The night of, everyone was on the dance floor and kept commenting on how great the DJ was. I would definitely recommend Josh to anyone out there looking for a DJ without the typical DJ attitude.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked Josh because we attended a wedding where he DJed and loved the music he played. He did an amazing job at our wedding. The music he played was fun, danceable, and made for a really great evening.

Josh met with us before the wedding to get a good sense of the kind of music we like (and don't like). It really paid off. His set through the night included many of our favorites and got everyone on the dance floor.

Josh was also great at managing the music for specific points in the ceremony and reception (such as the processional or cake cutting). He was a kind of master of ceremonies which helped keep the evening organized.

• Wedding: 08/18/2013
Marios
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We heard of DJ SPARBER from a friend. He was recommended with very high reviews and we were told we wouldn't regret the choice. And now, 5 days after our Wedding, I still can't imagine what the night would have been with a different DJ. He was amazing and played to every guests likes.

Both my Husband and I have families that like to dance, but also are particular with their music tastes. Because of this, I provided a list of must plays / no not plays as well as a wide range of songs that show off the tastes of both family and friends. Needless to say, the dance floor was packed all night long.

One of my favorite moments came during dinner, when he played Hearts 'Alone'. My eyes lit up, and seeing that everyone knew it's one of my top 5 favorite songs, the entire table started busting out into karaoke. At that point I realized that the night would only get better. And when DJ SPARBER reached our requested "Power Pop Princess Hour" the place was jammin! The dance floor was flooded with guests - as well as broken wine glasses cause, well, it's power pop!

From the perfect timing during the ceremony, to a great lounge vibe for cocktail hour and dinner, and then a powerful mix for dancing - the night was a blast!

• Wedding: 08/02/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh did an outstanding job as our DJ. He was extremely professional and organized ahead of the event, meeting with us and being open to our ideas and preferences. We had an eclectic set of requests and Josh was able to work all of them into a seamless music set.

On the day of our event Josh was on time, set up promptly, and kept our evening on schedule with timely and subtle reminders and announcements. I truly feel that he was a critical part of our evening going as well as it did. Our guests had an incredibly fun time and the music was a major part of it.

Josh also had a very professional and courteous demeanor, and brought a lot of positive energy to our meetings. We always enjoyed meeting with him and getting motivated by his enthusiasm.

I would definitely recommend Josh, he is a top-notch DJ, planner, and emcee.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh was an excellent DJ, from our first meeting through the end of the reception. Josh met with us several times before the big day and was more than happy to coordinate the big moments with our venue and caterer (including several calls the day before the wedding to confirm/re-work sound arrangements due to weather issues). Josh deftly juggled different genres for cocktails, dinner and dancing in separate rooms and kept the dance floor packed until the venue closed. He played everything we wanted, nothing that we didn't, and wove it all together into a really memorable and enjoyable night. That's all you need to know, go hire him now.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

finding a DJ was probably the most difficult search we had. i'm a bit picky and somewhat of a control freak. however, when we met josh in person to discuss playlist thoughts, my worries went away. i came armed with pages and pages of songs and an itinerary for when to play what type of music. again, a little too type A of me. but josh was extremely nice about it and provided helpful suggestions. he really understood what we were going for.

my biggest worry was an empty dance floor, but at our reception every time i looked over it was packed! all the pictures i've seen also show the dance floor packed. the # of guests that have told us they had fun and were dancing all night at our wedding is just ridiculous! not only having the little ringbearers bust out their gangnam style (highlight of the night), but to hear that even my PARENTS (they are NOT dancers) were dancing made me just so happy. he even picked the perfect last song without any input from us. highly recommended.

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh DJ'd at my wedding 2 weeks ago and he was PHENOMENAL!!! I am really into music and so this was a top priority for me on the big day--to have myself and everyone else dancing all night long. And...success!!! He not only created the perfect dance vibe for the reception from start to finish, exactly how I wanted it to be, but he was instrumental in helping me map out all the details of how the evening would unfold (it was a DIY affair). I couldn't have been happier, and he couldn't have been more wonderful leading up to and the day of. My only regret is that I missed speaking to some of my guests because I absolutely could not leave the dance floor;) EPIC!!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh was totally fantastic and we'd wholeheartedly recommend him for your future wedding! He'd played at a friends' wedding two years ago and we both separately remembered him as being the best wedding DJ we'd ever heard (and after a collective total of easily 30 weddings attended in the past 8 years, that's saying something!), so when we got engaged, we contacted him right away. He was responsive and professional over email, met up with us right away, helped us plan the order of the reception events and strategize about toast timing etc, made sure to put our taste in music first but gently steered us away from bad ideas, and was just a pleasure to work with in the planning stages. On the day of the wedding, he was punctual and organized, got set up in a flash, and really did a perfect job. He kept the dance floor going for 4 hours steady! Both friends and family (even older family members) spoke to us about what a good job he did, and two of our friends getting married next year are thinking about booking him.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Josh is the best! We met with him beforehand and he was very helpful in his suggestions about the order of events, speeches, dinner, and dessert in relation to the DJ set. He was professional and friendly throughout, and of course the music was awesome. Slow dinner songs blended seamlessly into dance tunes that kept the crowd dancing for hours. Many people remarked on how good the DJ was. "Where did you find him?" etc. We chose Josh because we'd seen him play a friend's wedding and we were not disappointed! The only disappointment from our guests was that he had to stop.

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had DJ Sparber for our wedding reception and once folks started dancing they didn't stop! He was friendly, professional, really enjoyed his song list with ecclectic tastes in music which is what caught our eye and listened to the vision my fiance and I had at the time.
He was able to incorporate songs we really wanted to hear and was punctual and detail oriented.
No nonsense!
Book him early because he gets busy!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh was the DJ for our wedding reception and we could not be happier! Josh really made an effort to understand the "feel/vibe" that we wanted to create at our reception and made wonderful suggestions to help us create the environment we were seeking. Josh was incredibly responsive and professional throughout all of our planning and he was wonderful on the day of the wedding! He arrived early, he was helpful and flexible with a few last minute changes. Josh played for several hours and he created the perfect music set transitioned from music that was perfect for all guests earlier in the evening and transitioned to "younger" music for later in the night. I never would have expected it but we actually had several friends email us after the wedding to comment on the fantastic music!!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh was the DJ for our wedding reception. Josh met with us multiple times in the run up to the wedding to ensure he really understood our tastes and how we envisaged our wedding sounding. We were thrilled by the service he provided. His song selection was perfect, he had a great handle on the mood and energy of the room and really ensured the night flowed perfectly from a mellow and classy dinner through to party tunes into the "wee hours." Josh and his colleague were still playing at 4am! When required to make announcements he did so in an understated way which was ideal. Overall we couldn't be happier with our experience working with Josh. He is clearly very talented and he is also a terrific guy! We definitely recommend him to anyone planning a big event!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh is an amazing DJ - he was very responsive to the music that we wanted and really listened to us. He is wonderful to work with and made the wedding planning so much fun. Many of our guests commented on how great the music was at the wedding, and he definitely got everyone dancing. We would recommend him to any of our friends without hesitation.

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh (aka DJ Sparber) was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. He was professional, organized, communicative, and an all around great person. We had interviewed other DJ’s around the city and were very happy to come across Josh – he understands and accepts the importance of the day and does whatever it takes to make you happy with the outcome. We had thrown him a few curve balls as we wanted to mix in traditional Latin Salsa music with modern pop, 80's, top 40, and selective hip-hop. Also add in the fact that we had a live percussionist playing along to his DJ set (someone he had never met or previously worked with). Not only did he put us at ease during our song discussions and nightly outline but assured us that he would make the night go smoothly regardless of what happens. Out of all the things we wanted for our reception we wanted a party where everyone had a great time and would dance into the night. He did all that and more – the dance floor was packed all night and the Latin songs we requested were excellently mixed throughout the modern songs for a seamless transition, he blended with the percussionist perfectly and it seemed like they had been working together for years. Everyone at the wedding commented on how excellent the song selection was – people in attendance both young (friends) and old (my parents) even asked if they could get a CD of all the songs! Josh has an extremely wide range of music choices and is completely happy to play whatever you prefer or if given the freedom will choose songs that fit the bride and groom based on their preferred style of music. We would recommend (and have) him to anyone looking to hire a DJ for a wedding, party, or event.

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh was a great DJ - he really listened to what my fiance and I wanted for our wedding and delivered exactly what we were looking for. We had a couple weird requests (recessing to "Cadance to Arms" by the Drop Kick Murphys), but he completely understood our vision for the day and did everything in his power to make sure it went off without a hitch. He was very responsive and kept in touch with us throughout the process, making sure we didn't have any last minute changes to the music, even though he was on vacation in another country two weeks before my wedding. With any other vendor, I would have been worried; but not Josh. And once the day came, he kept the music rolling and the guests on the dance floor. My only regret is that my fiance and I didn't start the dancing sooner. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Josh was incredible in every way. He really facilitated the planning of the music for.the.entire.reception, and almost all of our guests raved about the playlist and the djing quality. I look forward to.contracting for his services in the future for any affair we'll need a dj for, and can't recommend him highly enough for.anyone with discerning taste seeking an amazing aural complement to their event.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
917-575-5484
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards