Trump Winery

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Trump Winery is an absolute dream! It was the first venue that my husband and I visited and we fell in love immediately. Patrick is an incredible partner to have on your team when planning a wedding and he is there every step of the way to guide, provide advice, work with vendors, and even offer encouragement through the stressful times of planning that are more personal than professional issues. We felt like we were in capable and caring hands throughout the process, and seeing Patrick there as I was about to walk down the aisle with a big smile on his face was something I'll always remember. Trump was remarkably easy to work with, accommodating and flexible when plans changed, and above all - GORGEOUS! So many of our guests remarked that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, on the most beautiful grounds. And the wine is delicious! We've had guests call the winery and have cases sent to their homes because they enjoyed it so much. We couldn't have been more thrilled with the experience and recommend Trump Winery without reservation. They are at the top of their industry in Charlottesville and beyond. Love, love, love!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful setting up in the mountains of Virginia! The staff was always very helpful and responsive, answering every silly question I threw their way. Bridal suite had ever thing I needed, the pavilion was just the right six for my guest. Held 125 people comfortably with lots of room to dance and mingle. I highly recommend Trump Winery for weddings!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'll begin with the day we arrived at Trump to take a tour. My fiancé and I had visited several plantations around central Virginia, looking for the perfect venue. We arrived at Trump and were greeted by Patrick, the event manager. He popped a bottle of Blanc de Blanc and the rest was history. I'm Catholic and knew I would have to be married in a traditional church. While we were perusing the grounds, Patrick encouraged us to take a look at the Trump chapel. "No, I can't. I'll fall in love, then be heart broken that we can't get married there." He then shared a story of another bride, also Catholic, who had a local Priest approve marrying the couple there. We raced to the top of the hill and as I suspected, I was over the moon for this adorable, quaint chapel. Driving home that night, my fiancé and I looked at each other and I said, "I'm fine canceling the rest of our venue appointments. I think we found our wedding spot." He 100% agreed. For the next year leading up to our wedding day, Patrick was very responsive, accommodating and genuinely excited for our nuptials. He also recommended a wedding planner to help me the day-of, Cinda from White Birch Events. The day was spectacular and a big part of that is due to the leadership of Patrick and the jaw-dropping back drop of Trump winery. I loved having 3 different buildings at our discretion -- the chapel, the Barn for cocktail hour, and the Pavilion for our dinner reception. Our guests did not need to drive around town, but conveniently stayed in one location. We even received a discount for having it in the "off season" (March). We felt like royalty from day 1. Of course, the Trump wine is delicious and we'll be back many, many times to visit the tasting room. Cheers!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony in the Barn and our reception in the Pavilion in March 2015. It was still winter and the landscape was not yet green and it rained most of the day... and our wedding at Trump Winery was absolutely STUNNING. Our guests keep telling us how beautiful everything was. We had minimal decorations because the venues & landscape are so gorgeous as is. They keep the whole property in immaculate shape 365 days a year.

I am a former event manager myself and have a super type-A personality and the second I met Patrick Butler, Trump's event manager, I knew we had to have our wedding here. I have worked with a lot of event professionals in my career and have been to nearly every venue in the Charlottesville area. Patrick is as professional as they come, incredibly detail-oriented, has great suggestions/advice and is an overall perfect 10! I did not have a wedding planner so I worked directly with Patrick and Sarah with questions, walk-throughs, paperwork, etc and they made it a total breeze.

We loved that they have the flexibility of using any of their preferred vendors. It kept our options from being too overwhelming, allowed us to stay within our budget (especially for catering!), and gave us the confidence we were getting top-notch, pre-vetted vendors.

We could have gotten married at the Cadet Chapel at West Point, my husband's alma mater and our current duty station, which has incredible historical significance and is very grand and beautiful, but we chose Trump Winery instead and it was perfect beyond our wildest dreams.

Recently Married

Patrick and his team were absolutely amazing. They worked with us from start to finish. When it was all said and done they felt like friends to us. We are so sad it's all over.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a November 1 wedding at Trump Winery and LOVED it! This venue is incredible inside and out. I had my ceremony in the chapel, which is beautiful beyond words and had my guests raving the whole time about what a gorgeous place it was. I did the cocktail hour in the Barn and reception in the Pavilion, both of which are clean, newly renovated, and perfect for a wedding. One of the best parts was that the venue is so wonderful that I hardly did any decoration- it wasn't needed! What sets this venue apart though is really the events team- Patrick is hands down the best and made every second of my experience so easy. He is organized, friendly, and so helpful when it came to coordinating all of the different vendors. All of my vendors were from his recommended list and I couldn't be more happy with my choices. Patrick is so detail oriented and responsive that you will rest easy knowing you chose this venue!

Recently Married

Trump Winery is AMAZING. Our wedding ceremony and reception took place at the Carriage Museum (now called the Grand Hall) at the top of the hill. I truly believe it has the best views in all of Charlottesville. The indoor rooms have just been fully renovated and are GORGEOUS. You are the only wedding on the day of your wedding, and you get to be on the venue from noon until midnight, which is much longer than many other venues out there. Also, because there are so many rooms, you have tons of options of how to create your unique wedding, and great rain plan options! The Trump staff is extremely responsive, professional, and helpful every step of the way. We couldn't have been more pleased and we definitely recommend this venue!

Jenna
10/17/2014

My husband and I chose Trump Winery, the Pavilion and Barn event space, after roughly 15 other tours of other wineries. The other wineries were beautiful, but as we walked through the barn and took one look at the landscape, we were sold. The venue was absolutely beautiful and it fit every need that we had. On our wedding day, we had people tearing up just because of the sheer beauty and I would never have imagined celebrating our special day anywhere else.

To speak of the staff, Patrick (event coordinator for Trump Winery), was another reason we were sold on having our wedding there. As soon as we arrived to view the event space, we felt like we were family and felt as though Patrick truly truly knew his job and how to treat the customer. Absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. My husband and I asked so much of him over the past year of planning, and he was so flexible and just truly wanted to help. I could not have asked for more. No one wants to pay a lot of money for certain things, but I honestly can say that Trump Winery was worth every single penny!!!!

Also, everything is there for your wedding; from the chairs and tables, to the beautiful bar with a flat screen TV behind it for slideshows, to the amazing kitchen and outdoor lounge sets. It is all there...we had to get ceremony chairs only! It was amazing...and decorations...we had them, but the venue on its own is the best sight!

Thank you Trump Winery and especially Patrick, for making this day so incredibly perfect and for the help and support over the past year!

P.S. The wine...AMAZING! That is also worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an incredible day! Every guest, without exception said they've never been to a more beautiful wedding. I'm the father of the bride, and I couldn't have been happier with the venue at Trump. Having Michelle & Gerard married at the Grand Hall (aka Carriage Museum) was one of the best decisions we made. Patrick Butler, the Event Manager was always gracious and ever accomodating. My hat's off to you Patrick and your entire staff at Trump. Thank you for a memorable day! Sincerely, Jim Meade

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was amazing and the staff was great to work with. We had our ceremony and reception at Trump's Barn and Pavilion. The outside setting for the ceremony was picturesque. It rained a little on our wedding day, but the ground by the pond was not soaking like we thought and you could barely tell it was raining all morning! Also, you could not see the road or hear cars on the road because of the setting and location of the site - it was in its own private and secluded area. The Pavilion was perfect for the reception. It was just the right size and the acoustics were great. Everyone at Trump Vineyard was professional and easy to work with. Specifically, we worked with Patrick who was fantastic and had great ideas! Wouldn't trade the site of our ceremony and reception for anything!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Trump Winery in July of this year, and looking back can't imagine our day any where else. We rented the Barn and Pavilion, and were able to have our ceremony in the Chapel (at no extra charge!). Our guests could not stop commenting on how breathtaking the venue was - the Chapel, the rolling hills covered by grape vines.

The staff were incredible. Their professionalism was evident from our first meeting to the end of our reception. Our on-site event coordinator, Patrick, was attentive and worked behind the scenes to make sure our day went off without a hitch. I even have a picture with him straightening the back of my dress as I started to walk down the aisle - I didn't even know he was there!

A quick note about value . . . my husband and I looked at a number of wineries in the area as we considered where to throw our party. We found that Trump Winery gave the most (in terms of space, time, and elegance) for the money. We had three separate spaces to use on the day (Barn, Pavilion, Chapel) and the entire grounds was ours and our guests from noon until midnight. They also have a comfortable and classy bridal suite, and a private space for the groom and groomsmen (rare).

Overall, a place we will never forget and will go back to visit often.

1+ year ago

Hands-down THE. BEST. VENUE. EVER. Picture-perfect scenery (stunning!), gorgeous barn and patio, and an awesome event coordinator make this venue top-notch. Trump will always have a special place in both my husband and my heart. Patrick, the event coordinator, made me feel like I was the only bride on his agenda (and I know this wasn't true). Emails were answered promptly, questions about the area as well as accommodations for my wedding party at the Tasting Room across the street were taken care of, and the most special touch was receiving a personalized bottle of champagne a month after our wedding. LOVE this place! THANK YOU TRUMP for giving me the wedding of my dreams!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved Trump Winery for our wedding reception. It was amazing to have some many options for our venue: outdoors, indoors, in the vineyard, by the lake. Our photographs by the willow tree were stunning. The landscape was beautiful. Patrick was super helpful in answering all my questions as the day approached. They allowed us to come by and see the venue multiple times. They recommended some fantastic vendors, and did I mention that the wine was terrific. All of my guests raved about how fantastic Trump Winery was and how fitting it was for our wedding. We will remember our wedding day forever.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The first time I saw Trump Winery I momentarily blacked out. Seriously, it's THAT beautiful. I went there on a whim after touring other Charlottesville wineries all day and instantly knew that's where I would get married.

Since Trump is relatively new, a wonderful perk is that a friend, or friend of friend, hasn't had their wedding there. In addition, the venue is separate from the tasting room, so you get exclusivity and no lurking wine tasters. The setting is exquisite- serene and romantic. A rustic venue with a touch of elegance.

I chose to do the barn / pavilion for my wedding and wouldn't have changed a thing. It was honestly one of the best days of my life! Patrick, the wedding coordinator, is great to work with and was very responsive to questions / willing to give suggestions. I cannot say enough how happy I was with Trump.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we were married at trump winery on april 5, and had a FANTASTIC experience. we worked mostly with patrick, and also with katie on our actual wedding day, and there was nothing they would not do to help us and no detail to small to remember. the venue itself was LOVELY. we opted for a smaller wedding (85) so we could get married in the chapel, which was like a storybook. so many of our guests raved about how classy the venue was, how lovely it looked, and what a wonderful time they had. we just got our wedding photos back and i can't stop looking at them and smiling at how beautiful and magical it was. i would highly recommend trump winery without hesitation as an unforgettable wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My experience with Trump Winery was absolutely amazing!! I chose the Barn for my reception venue and we had our ceremony outdoors in front of the gorgeous lake. Trump only allows one event per day so our wedding was completely private which was very important to us! The primary wedding venues (the Barn and the Pavilion) are away from the tasting room of the winery which adds a very special and beautiful atmosphere to such a wonderful day. The Barn itself is fantastic and has a very beautiful and spacious bridal suite. I primarily worked with Patrick and he was very responsive and happily answered my questions. He was always flexible and his professionalism was outstanding!! While planning our wedding, we visited many wineries throughout Charlottesville. Trump Winery is by far the best wedding venue!! We could not have had a more perfect wedding!