Trump Winery

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

Patrick and his team were absolutely amazing. They worked with us from start to finish. When it was all said and done they felt like friends to us. We are so sad it's all over.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a November 1 wedding at Trump Winery and LOVED it! This venue is incredible inside and out. I had my ceremony in the chapel, which is beautiful beyond words and had my guests raving the whole time about what a gorgeous place it was. I did the cocktail hour in the Barn and reception in the Pavilion, both of which are clean, newly renovated, and perfect for a wedding. One of the best parts was that the venue is so wonderful that I hardly did any decoration- it wasn't needed! What sets this venue apart though is really the events team- Patrick is hands down the best and made every second of my experience so easy. He is organized, friendly, and so helpful when it came to coordinating all of the different vendors. All of my vendors were from his recommended list and I couldn't be more happy with my choices. Patrick is so detail oriented and responsive that you will rest easy knowing you chose this venue!

Recently Married

Trump Winery is AMAZING. Our wedding ceremony and reception took place at the Carriage Museum (now called the Grand Hall) at the top of the hill. I truly believe it has the best views in all of Charlottesville. The indoor rooms have just been fully renovated and are GORGEOUS. You are the only wedding on the day of your wedding, and you get to be on the venue from noon until midnight, which is much longer than many other venues out there. Also, because there are so many rooms, you have tons of options of how to create your unique wedding, and great rain plan options! The Trump staff is extremely responsive, professional, and helpful every step of the way. We couldn't have been more pleased and we definitely recommend this venue!

Jenna
10/17/2014

My husband and I chose Trump Winery, the Pavilion and Barn event space, after roughly 15 other tours of other wineries. The other wineries were beautiful, but as we walked through the barn and took one look at the landscape, we were sold. The venue was absolutely beautiful and it fit every need that we had. On our wedding day, we had people tearing up just because of the sheer beauty and I would never have imagined celebrating our special day anywhere else.

To speak of the staff, Patrick (event coordinator for Trump Winery), was another reason we were sold on having our wedding there. As soon as we arrived to view the event space, we felt like we were family and felt as though Patrick truly truly knew his job and how to treat the customer. Absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. My husband and I asked so much of him over the past year of planning, and he was so flexible and just truly wanted to help. I could not have asked for more. No one wants to pay a lot of money for certain things, but I honestly can say that Trump Winery was worth every single penny!!!!

Also, everything is there for your wedding; from the chairs and tables, to the beautiful bar with a flat screen TV behind it for slideshows, to the amazing kitchen and outdoor lounge sets. It is all there...we had to get ceremony chairs only! It was amazing...and decorations...we had them, but the venue on its own is the best sight!

Thank you Trump Winery and especially Patrick, for making this day so incredibly perfect and for the help and support over the past year!

P.S. The wine...AMAZING! That is also worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an incredible day! Every guest, without exception said they've never been to a more beautiful wedding. I'm the father of the bride, and I couldn't have been happier with the venue at Trump. Having Michelle & Gerard married at the Grand Hall (aka Carriage Museum) was one of the best decisions we made. Patrick Butler, the Event Manager was always gracious and ever accomodating. My hat's off to you Patrick and your entire staff at Trump. Thank you for a memorable day! Sincerely, Jim Meade

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was amazing and the staff was great to work with. We had our ceremony and reception at Trump's Barn and Pavilion. The outside setting for the ceremony was picturesque. It rained a little on our wedding day, but the ground by the pond was not soaking like we thought and you could barely tell it was raining all morning! Also, you could not see the road or hear cars on the road because of the setting and location of the site - it was in its own private and secluded area. The Pavilion was perfect for the reception. It was just the right size and the acoustics were great. Everyone at Trump Vineyard was professional and easy to work with. Specifically, we worked with Patrick who was fantastic and had great ideas! Wouldn't trade the site of our ceremony and reception for anything!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Trump Winery in July of this year, and looking back can't imagine our day any where else. We rented the Barn and Pavilion, and were able to have our ceremony in the Chapel (at no extra charge!). Our guests could not stop commenting on how breathtaking the venue was - the Chapel, the rolling hills covered by grape vines.

The staff were incredible. Their professionalism was evident from our first meeting to the end of our reception. Our on-site event coordinator, Patrick, was attentive and worked behind the scenes to make sure our day went off without a hitch. I even have a picture with him straightening the back of my dress as I started to walk down the aisle - I didn't even know he was there!

A quick note about value . . . my husband and I looked at a number of wineries in the area as we considered where to throw our party. We found that Trump Winery gave the most (in terms of space, time, and elegance) for the money. We had three separate spaces to use on the day (Barn, Pavilion, Chapel) and the entire grounds was ours and our guests from noon until midnight. They also have a comfortable and classy bridal suite, and a private space for the groom and groomsmen (rare).

Overall, a place we will never forget and will go back to visit often.

Recently Married

Hands-down THE. BEST. VENUE. EVER. Picture-perfect scenery (stunning!), gorgeous barn and patio, and an awesome event coordinator make this venue top-notch. Trump will always have a special place in both my husband and my heart. Patrick, the event coordinator, made me feel like I was the only bride on his agenda (and I know this wasn't true). Emails were answered promptly, questions about the area as well as accommodations for my wedding party at the Tasting Room across the street were taken care of, and the most special touch was receiving a personalized bottle of champagne a month after our wedding. LOVE this place! THANK YOU TRUMP for giving me the wedding of my dreams!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved Trump Winery for our wedding reception. It was amazing to have some many options for our venue: outdoors, indoors, in the vineyard, by the lake. Our photographs by the willow tree were stunning. The landscape was beautiful. Patrick was super helpful in answering all my questions as the day approached. They allowed us to come by and see the venue multiple times. They recommended some fantastic vendors, and did I mention that the wine was terrific. All of my guests raved about how fantastic Trump Winery was and how fitting it was for our wedding. We will remember our wedding day forever.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The first time I saw Trump Winery I momentarily blacked out. Seriously, it's THAT beautiful. I went there on a whim after touring other Charlottesville wineries all day and instantly knew that's where I would get married.

Since Trump is relatively new, a wonderful perk is that a friend, or friend of friend, hasn't had their wedding there. In addition, the venue is separate from the tasting room, so you get exclusivity and no lurking wine tasters. The setting is exquisite- serene and romantic. A rustic venue with a touch of elegance.

I chose to do the barn / pavilion for my wedding and wouldn't have changed a thing. It was honestly one of the best days of my life! Patrick, the wedding coordinator, is great to work with and was very responsive to questions / willing to give suggestions. I cannot say enough how happy I was with Trump.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we were married at trump winery on april 5, and had a FANTASTIC experience. we worked mostly with patrick, and also with katie on our actual wedding day, and there was nothing they would not do to help us and no detail to small to remember. the venue itself was LOVELY. we opted for a smaller wedding (85) so we could get married in the chapel, which was like a storybook. so many of our guests raved about how classy the venue was, how lovely it looked, and what a wonderful time they had. we just got our wedding photos back and i can't stop looking at them and smiling at how beautiful and magical it was. i would highly recommend trump winery without hesitation as an unforgettable wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My experience with Trump Winery was absolutely amazing!! I chose the Barn for my reception venue and we had our ceremony outdoors in front of the gorgeous lake. Trump only allows one event per day so our wedding was completely private which was very important to us! The primary wedding venues (the Barn and the Pavilion) are away from the tasting room of the winery which adds a very special and beautiful atmosphere to such a wonderful day. The Barn itself is fantastic and has a very beautiful and spacious bridal suite. I primarily worked with Patrick and he was very responsive and happily answered my questions. He was always flexible and his professionalism was outstanding!! While planning our wedding, we visited many wineries throughout Charlottesville. Trump Winery is by far the best wedding venue!! We could not have had a more perfect wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorgeous venue and the Event Coordinator Patrick was wonderful! Event space is completely separate from the tasting room. Perfect place for a wedding :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joshua and I looked at just about every venue in the Charlottesville area. We would find some things we would like about a venue, but all seemed to be missing the whole package. That was until we went to Trump Winery. As soon as we drove down the drive which winds around the pond, this venue was a winner. Walking through the different available areas it only got better. We were married on August 23, 2013. This is right before harvest season so the vines are plump and everything is a wonderful shade of rich green. A month before the wedding, we were given the option to move the ceremony to the church. I'm so glad we did because it ended up pouring the day of our wedding. The church is everything we had imagined for our ceremony. We chose the barn for our reception venue. We were able to use all of the furniture in the barn as we pleased. The bridal suite was perfect as well. Close enough I was able to see the event come together, but far enough away I could seal myself off from the chaos. Sarah Elizabeth and Patrick were both very helpful for planning and coordinating the events. They also worked well with Barbara from Harvest Moon Catering, who was my day of coordinator. Bottom line, this is a great venue with gorgeous views. They offer several different options for your ceremony and reception based off your wedding size and desired atmosphere. The support and attentiveness of the venue coordinators are excellent. Both coordinators were very accommodating to our schedules for viewings and ensuring our wedding was the best it could be. Trump Winery wine is fantastic! I am so glad I ordered an extra case for ourselves to enjoy over this past year. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking in the Charlottesville area.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1+ year ago

Trump was a beautiful setting for our wedding, and the service was absolutely professional and top notch. They were accommodating towards us using non-preferred vendors. Response time was very quick. Day of service was top notch as well.

We did our shortly after the restoration of many of their buildings, and all the event spaces are in excellent conditions with top-notch support for the vendors as well. We had some showers day of, and the transition from outdoor to indoor went seamlessly.

Couldn't have asked for a better venue, would do it again. Would also enthusiastically recommend to others.

1 Review
1+ year ago

We were so lucky to have found Trump Winery. It took a lot for us to consider the venue (given our political leanings), but once we saw the venue, we knew we had hit the jackpot. The vineyard, willow tree and pond make for a surreal and beautiful outdoor setting - exactly what we were looking for.

Unfortunately, a tropical storm leading into the wedding had alternative plans. While we had been excited by the prospect of an all-outdoor wedding, we ended up loving the indoor location for the ceremony (and were still able to squeeze a little of the reception outside). The "barn" is not quite as rustic on the inside as it looks outside, but the end of it was a perfect location for a ceremony of ~100 people with beautiful natural light and a view to all of our favorite outdoor sites mentioned above. The facilities are great for getting ready, particularly for the bride. There is also a really cute chapel with amazing views of the vineyard if that better suits your needs.

The staff was wonderful throughout the planning process, totally flexible in helping us cultivate the exact experience we wanted. Sarah Elizabeth was a tremendous help before and on the day of, and we were so pleasantly surprised to receive a bottle of champagne with our names and wedding date once we returned home after the wedding. She helped take care of all the details, working seamlessly with our wedding planner and other vendors. Couldn't ask for a nicer person to help us get what we needed without pressuring us into anything we didn't want.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this location, especially if you're looking for an outdoor location, knowing that the backup "rain plan" is just as beautiful.